Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Australia In The World Cup

You know you have gotten famous when you appear in a Weet-Bix ad.

All our best teams have appeared in them including the Australian cricket team and our Rugby team. Now its the Socceroos turn.

whta i really fear is the japanese midfield. whilst they lack pure strike power, their midfield is truly world-class. nakata and nakamura are a joy to watch, as is ono. their biggest weakness is a lack of instinctive finishers, and a defense that whilst good tactically, isn't very quick. this is where kewell and cahill should find space.

Totally agree with you Taku. If they win the game, it'll be through their midfield. I think this is where Vince Grella is the key. He's the link between our attack and defence and it'll be one of his jobs to try and close those midfielders down as best he can. I think their biggest weakness is their defence, in particular in set pieces, as shown by 2 set piece goals by Germany against them. This is where Kennedy comes in. Expect him to come on in the second half should Australia be behind, or even level with Japan.

well guys its less than 3 hours away from watching whts australia's likely fate in the WC....they have to do well against japan or they will be severely messed up... good luck aussies .... ( :naughty: im secetly supporting the asian side :naughty: )

If Aus has to play against asian countries, then just out of interest who does new zealand and malaysia have to play?

Malaysia and indonesia is part of Asia !!! ... we are at the equator line we dont live at the bottom of the earth... we are well inside asian teritory.... we have been playing in asian qualifiers from day 1 ........... infact the asian football confederation HQ is in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.... out of the 4 AFC presidents.. 3 of them were Malaysians.....

anyway i dont think australasia deserve an automatic qualifying spot... wht does tht continent have to show in terms of world cup success... asia have finished in the top 8 more than once in history..... australasia have not won a single game in world cup history!!!! they deserve half a spot and thts wht they got.... and now the aussies are joining asia where they are goin to try and steal a place from AFC which asia fought very very hard for ..... :wacko:

Im watching the Australia vs Japan game and the ref is terrible. There was no way that was a goal as the Japanese knocked over our goalkeeper.

So your 'socceroo's'(sorry that's so lame sounding) are behind 1-0 at the break eh?

So your 'socceroo's'(sorry that's so lame sounding) are behind 1-0 at the break eh?

Yeah. Australia is playing better than Japan too. Ive never seen a more incompident ref.

Yeah. Australia is playing better than Japan too. Ive never seen a more incompident ref.

you should have seen the ref in the england game. Total idiot, gave a LOT of fouls against us, and all the replays showed that every time our play did actually win the ball

Congrats to your 'socceroo's' I see they are up 2-1 now :thbup:

3-1 SCORED AGAIN. We have scored all 3 goals in the last 15 minutes.

I watched it dude. WELL DONE! the japs dont look so happy.

Is there an Aussie player really with the name John Alesi?

I watched it dude. WELL DONE! the japs dont look so happy.

Is there an Aussie player really with the name John Alesi?

He scored the 3rd goal.

He scored the 3rd goal.

I love his name!

He needs to join up here!

Congrats Aussies!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!

(Now time for sleep.... I'm going to be stuffed for work tomorrow...)

His name isnt spelt quite like that but it sounds the same.

Its not important, it just sounds cool!

what a game!

I was pretty upset with the first goal and the ref, although it was hard to tell if schwartzer would have saved it or not, still, it was a foul on the keeper and the goal should not have been allowed.

In the end it didnt matter with a stunning 3 goals scored in the final 8 minutes to give the Aussies the win!! :)

Next up, Brazil!

His name isnt spelt quite like that but it sounds the same.

I'm pretty sure Aloisi is pronounced Allow-issi.

You aussies, left it late didnt you. Better raise ur game for brazil!!!

But they were thrashed by a really good side, the Czech Republic. Italy were awesome, they have great ball control compared to England. Ghana were also quite alot better than I thought they would be.

I love the African teams, they play all out football - absolutely brilliant. The sheer depth and class Italy have is incredible, the problem is they have it each time and yet..

But geez the quality of football you see in the orld cup makes you struggle to adjust back to club football for a while, until Euro comes around :(

I love this game :D Should have chucked the damn Silverstone race and watched football instead.

I only watch football on this level, as in country v country teams, Its always far more exciting

The Italy Ghana game was awesome, one of the best of the world cup :D

The U.S. got thrashed so bad :snigger:

yea italy game was awesome.... the czechs were fantastic as well ..its going to be close when these two meet later in the group.....

but honestly i was disappointed with the quality of the aussie - japan game.... there were a few occasions when the players were stepping on the ball and loosing it.... based on how the 2 teams played i strongly doubt they will be able to get past croatia and brazil... btw congrats aussies for scoring ur first goals and gettin your first win in the WC...