Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Australia In The World Cup

I going to go to bed nice and early so i can get up at 1:30am to watch the Socceroos take on the best football team in recent history.

Same here, bed very soon, get up watch, bed again, up a few hours later for work....

oh, sorry Australia lost ykick, but they played a good game, and they at least deserved one goal, but still you have the chance to pass the 1/8 finals, if you win to croatia.

Socceroos, well they didn't play badly, but they had nothing for the Brasil side.....................

Brazil need to take the hard decision and start without Ronaldo next time, it is getting quite pathetic. Otherwise they did fine. They might find themselves a bit short up front, if Ronaldo keeps playing like a dead duck.

Im very pleased about Australia's performance against Brazil. Australia defended very well stopping numerous Brazil attacks. We also attacked well and we should have got a goal but for some reason Kewell doesnt know how to kick a ball into a open goal. Viduka also was very close to scoring. Australia seemed to get through the Brazilian defence quite well and the attackers certainly created opportunities but unfortuantly didnt convert them into goals. Overall im happy with how well Australia played but it could have easily been a draw for Australia.

Im very pleased about Australia's performance against Brazil. Australia defended very well stopping numerous Brazil attacks. We also attacked well and we should have got a goal but for some reason Kewell doesnt know how to kick a ball into a open goal. Viduka also was very close to scoring. Australia seemed to get through the Brazilian defence quite well and the attackers certainly created opportunities but unfortuantly didnt convert them into goals. Overall im happy with how well Australia played but it could have easily been a draw for Australia.

Agree, we can hold our heads high after that performance. I was disappointed with Kewell missing an open goal. :( That goal would have swung the match our way and we could of finished with a very respectable draw. Never mind, on with the next challenge against Croatia on Friday.

Now we are going to have to battle it out for the final spot with Croatia. Australia needs a draw or better to make it into the next round. Going by recent form i think Australia has a good chance of beating Croatia and its sure to be a close game.

Even though I am not Australian, I want them to do well in the WC. I was really annoyed at the number of muffled chances yesterday. Kewell didn't play well. Let's hope they Socceroos manage a draw atleast against the Croats.

Yeah, it will be a great match against Croatia. When we win/draw that match we are looking like we will have to play Ghana. Providing that they win the match against the USA on Thursday.

Its amazing how popular football/soccer has become in Australia. Their arnt many sports where would stay up that late to watch a match but soccer is fast becoming one of them. Its amazing looking at the news and you would swear that nothing else is happening in the world because half of the news is devoted to the Socceroos. Football is growing in popularity at a very high rate here in Australia and it is amazing to see.

yeh great performance form Asutralia, i was enjoying their play. Australia has a great defence, but you know Brazil's defence isn't that much good, yuo should've scored at least one goal. Anyway, if you play like this agianst Croatia i sure yuo will win or draw.

Once again brazil's defence was messy. No offence to Australia but a better striker would have scored against brazil yesterday. I think Aus will go thru to the next round, they seem to be stronger than croatia

Once again brazil's defence was messy. No offence to Australia but a better striker would have scored against brazil yesterday. I think Aus will go thru to the next round, they seem to be stronger than croatia

Australia is lacking a great striker but our defence was great. We defended against the worlds best and we did really well. Our attacking is also strong as we created many scoring opportunities but unfortuntly we couldnt take advantage of those many opportunities. However i would be more worried if we didnt create any scoring opportunities as that would be a bad sign for our next match.

Yea australia have been more impressive than anyone expected them to be. Qualifying for round 2 would be an amazing achievement. Who would you have to play if u came 2nd? If its spain or argentina then you're rubber-ducked

It will be the winner of group E, so thats italy or czech or USA, so you could be ok, avoiding the really dangerous teams

Yea australia have been more impressive than anyone expected them to be. Qualifying for round 2 would be an amazing achievement. Who would you have to play if u came 2nd? If its spain or argentina then you're rubber-ducked

It will be the winner of group E, so thats italy or czech or USA, so you could be ok, avoiding the really dangerous teams

Well im extremely happy with Australia's performance and what i wanted at the beginning of the World Cup was for Australia to reach to second round. If we can do better than the second round then im all for that but first we have to beat the Croatians before i worry about that. I'd say going into the next match the Socceroos are the favourites to win.

nooo, the surprise for the world cup is Ghana, and Ghana also has the chance more than USA to qualify to the 2nd round

nooo, the surprise for the world cup is Ghana, and Ghana also has the chance more than USA to qualify to the 2nd round

Agree, Ghana should beat the USA on Thursday, this will then set up a match against Australia in the second round.

Good news

HARRY Kewell has been cleared by FIFA over his post-match tirade against a referee and will be free to play in Australia's crucial World Cup Group F match against Croatia on Thursday

Football Federation Australia has confirmed FIFA has thrown out the case against Kewell over his confrontation with referee Markus Merk following Australia's 2-0 loss to Brazil on Sunday.

It is understood that part of the reason for dismissing the charge is inconsistent reports from the match officials about the incident.

Please stop calling football soccer as its not soccer its FOOTBALL!

Anyway Brazil are not the best team this year, from what ive seen we are better and so are Argentina!

Please stop calling football soccer as its not soccer its FOOTBALL!

You do know why Australians call it Soccer dont you. Its because we have so many forms of football that it gets confusing.

We have

Rugby Union

Rugby League

Australian Football

Soccer

All these sports are football so as a result we have to call what you know as football, Soccer.

but football is football where you kick a ball with your feet only!

Well on here call it football please as Soccer sounds too american!

Well on here call it football please as Soccer sounds too american!

Im sorry to tell you but this is a Australian website. That means all brits on this forum should call it Soccer.