Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Australia In The World Cup

yeh, i think he is out, he will be fit in the quarter finals, if we reach there.

We can win tonight now doubt at all, we just need to be ready play top class football as soon as the ref blows time on. With Alessandro Nesta out I'm sure that our boys will be able to find a few good chances.

WE CAN DO IT

Socceroos, well they didn't play badly, but they had nothing for the Brasil side.....................

I disagree. First we lost Popovic to injury which basically screwed our formation. This meant we had to shift Chipperfield into the centre of defence and this allowed Adriano to score the first goal.

I truly beleive we played very strongly against Brazil. We paid the price for a lack of concentration and for not finishing off our chances. We had a golden chance when Dida dropped the ball but Kewell shot high and wide. The ref was shocking, absolutely diabolical. The second goal they scored was a lucky deflection off the post, but by then it was all over. We did alot better than most people thought we'd do.

Anyways, I'm absolutely thrilled we made it into the second round. I expected them to do so and they did very well. They have to stop conceding the first goal, as if they do that against Italy, they'll find it hard to come back. The Aussies are playing with lots of heart and never giving up. They can go the whole 90 minutes and extra time as the fitness is there. They've proven most critics wrong by reaching the second round, now time to prove even more critics wrong!

I disagree. First we lost Popovic to injury which basically screwed our formation. This meant we had to shift Chipperfield into the centre of defence and this allowed Adriano to score the first goal.

I truly beleive we played very strongly against Brazil. We paid the price for a lack of concentration and for not finishing off our chances. We had a golden chance when Dida dropped the ball but Kewell shot high and wide. The ref was shocking, absolutely diabolical. The second goal they scored was a lucky deflection off the post, but by then it was all over. We did alot better than most people thought we'd do.

Anyways, I'm absolutely thrilled we made it into the second round. I expected them to do so and they did very well. They have to stop conceding the first goal, as if they do that against Italy, they'll find it hard to come back. The Aussies are playing with lots of heart and never giving up. They can go the whole 90 minutes and extra time as the fitness is there. They've proven most critics wrong by reaching the second round, now time to prove even more critics wrong!

I agree 100%. We played extremely well against Brazil and if Kewell managed to score a simple shot we would have had a draw. The second goal was only scored because we took off a defender and put on another attacker. If Kewell scored then we wouldnt have done that and odds are we would have had a draw with Brazil.

Do all Football referee's make a huge amount of mistakes in all football matches or Australia just lucky enough to get the crap ones.

Most refs are OK, but they've been diabolical this World Cup, and Australia has had 3 of the worst refs in the tournament. I thought highly of Poll but he was disgraceful in the Australia v Croatia game. We ought to have had 2 penalties from deliberate handballs and Simunic rugby tackling Viduka and the goal Aloisi scored at the end should have counted, add to all that the 3 yellow card send off for Simunic, it was chaotic.

Further regarding the Australia v Italy game, we'll miss Emerton and we have to keep watch of their two strikers (Gilardino and Toni) and of course Totti who could end his so far quiet run in this World Cup. I don't expect a high scoring game, perhaps 1-0 to either side, possibly in extra time, and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to penalties.

I don't expect a high scoring game, perhaps 1-0 to either side, possibly in extra time, and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to penalties.

If it goes to penalties then Australia has the advantage. Italy hasnt won its last 4 or 5 penalty shootouts while Australia won its last one. Also Schwarzer is apparently one of the English Premier Leagues best when it comes to penalty shootouts.

That's why I'm expecting us to perhaps play for penalties should we go into extra time, although I could be totally wrong.

Also Schwarzer is apparently one of the English Premier Leagues best when it comes to penalty shootouts.

Buffon is the best goalkeeper in the world. Italy have a decent record in penalty shootouts, and I still remember how they beat the Dutch in Euro 2004. I hope we don't see another bloodbath.

Ive been watching the news and Kewell is almost deffently not going to play. Apparently he a agrivated his injury he got when playing for his club Liverpool afew months back. This isnt good news at all. :(

Australia is no more

Time for some new, better referees me think, they're either giving away too many yellows by far or not enough.

The Italian fell over of his own accord, it shouldn't have been a penalty.

you think so? And Materazzi's red card wasn't a red card, it should've been yellow card, therefore, the referee wasn't paid.

you think so? And Materazzi's red card wasn't a red card, it should've been yellow card, therefore, the referee wasn't paid.

And one of Australia's yellow cards shouldn't have been one, the Italians continually play acted the referee bought it, a penalty in the dying seconds when it is clear there shouldn't have been one is VERY ugly.

I despise overly nationalistic sports coverage, I don't care what anyone says. This is embarrassing, they're crying on TV. Bah. Get some bloody objectivity somewhere.

I despise overly nationalistic sports coverage, I don't care what anyone says. This is embarrassing, they're crying on TV. Bah. Get some bloody objectivity somewhere.

You wouldn't be emotional if you got further than anyone expected, and lost it in the dying seconds when there was no penalty needed? Believe me, I've not heard a single person yet say the penalty was fairly given.

You wouldn't be emotional if you got further than anyone expected, and lost it in the dying seconds when there was no penalty needed? Believe me, I've not heard a single person yet say the penalty was fairly given.

I am not talking of the fans, but sports coverage has to be unbiased. Otherwise there is no point. As for the penalty, the videos aren't online yet.

I am not talking of the fans, but sports coverage has to be unbiased. Otherwise there is no point. As for the penalty, the videos aren't online yet.

They are humans, they're bound to get emotional.

No they are just unprofessional.

Second replay. Still obstruction to me.

NO......

maybe have a look at it early afternoon....

Cav, you are seriously the first to say it was a deserved penalty... and I must have heard about 60 separate comments by now.