Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

What If A Real F1 Driver Sneaks In Totalf1 Forums?

I think someone may have already posted this elsewhere, but it's worth repeating: the UK finally pay off the debt from lend lease this year.

:clap3:

I thought we gave them 50 destroyers for the Destroyers for bases program, Bruce.

If Hitler had gotten the Russian invasion going about a month earlier, the Soviet Union wouldn't have existed, and if he had bombed some industries in Britain, he might have gotten Britain.

:clap3:

I thought we gave them 50 destroyers for the Destroyers for bases program, Bruce.

If Hitler had gotten the Russian invasion going about a month earlier, the Soviet Union wouldn't have existed, and if he had bombed some industries in Britain, he might have gotten Britain.

Yes that is true, I'm not sure of the #'s but it also started before we entered the war as we saw the need to start building up for what many thought was inevitable, don't forget the FDR and Churchill made 'back-room' deals to side step the laws at the time preventing us from helping.

It would not have mattered if Hittler invaded a month earlier as he spread his forces to thin, remember the Generals didn't want any war with Russia or the rest of Europe till 1943-44 at the earliest after the initial conquests as they knew they didn't have the build up that was needed to sustain such a war, and history proved them right......

Another eg; is the u-boat war Hittler promised his admirals that the fleet would be at 300 boats before starting instead they had only 30-40 of the latest type, the fact that for 2 years or so that they owned the Atlantic is amazing but by mid '42 their 'glory' days were over and it was a tremendous waste of resources after that, sure they sank shipping but they lost more boats than it was worth, they became less effective from then on................