Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

JV Out RS In!!!!!!

With the pending driver announcements from McLaren and Ferrari, thoughts turn to the future of other drivers on the current grid including Felipe Massa, who is currently just one third of the way through his contract with the Scuderia. While Michael Schumacher may not be announcing his future until later in the season, Massa and Ferrari will need to know the German

I'd say it's a slow week news-wise and some writer dusted off their wacko JV files. Probably one of the many in the press that dislike JV, saw him rise quite high in testing, and decided to throw a rock at him. Silly journo!

****ing jounalists , i hate them .... in any case ploitical , sports they are everywhere if i was in power i will get them pay for misplaced info........

**** you mr writer.........

The only thing that is bullsjit is that neither of you know when RS's contract expires. He signed a three year deal from 2005 and onwards, thus he will not join BMW unless he does a JB. BTW, judging by Ralf's less than impressive performance at Toyota it could be that they would let him go due to his high retainer which is believed to be just below 10m Sterling.

Montoya is for sure leaving McLaren, either Klien of DC is leaving RedBull, and JV is possibly not working for BMW as a race driver next season. Hopefully BMW takes a gamble on RK while RBR takes on JPM and uncerimoniously dumps DC.

What an utter pile of bulls##t that article was. During the past year, we've had Honda techies praising JV's feedback, Dr Mario even saying he was very pleased with his performance. Kubica and Nick even said positive things about JV. And also the Renault boys had some nice words to say about JV as well. Why on earth with Mario hire Ralfie boy when he saw first hand at Williams how hot and cold he was. Bizarre and utter tripe. The people on these aren't stupid and know rubbish when they read it.

What rubbish. Ralf is believed to have an absolutely bulletproof contract!

As stated by many before this is bure bulls##t. Ralf has a more then bullet proof contract and it is worth quite a penny. Why the hell would a team like BMW who is growing spend that much money (his contract is at 25 m according to F1 racing mag)? Jacques is doing a great job and has surprised everyone. Nick, Mario, Robert and Willy have all been very surprised by his results so far. He is equal and if not slightly beating Nick so why not use the rumoured one year extension close on his contract that would cost next to nothing for BMW!?

Plus a little information I might add, yesterday, JV on his quest to find the absolute softest tyres possible in combination with a new rear wing found close a second in the F1.06. Such performance boost are very rare and was great surprise for the team. That was the interesting information and results the team was talking about in it's news release yesterday. That was exactly the reason Sauber hired him (and Mario should keep him). When Peter hired him he said that he wanted JV because he knew that Jacques could find 1 second in the car.

The only thing that is bullsjit is that neither of you know when RS's contract expires. He signed a three year deal from 2005 and onwards, thus he will not join BMW unless he does a JB. BTW, judging by Ralf's less than impressive performance at Toyota it could be that they would let him go due to his high retainer which is believed to be just below 10m Sterling.

Montoya is for sure leaving McLaren, either Klien of DC is leaving RedBull, and JV is possibly not working for BMW as a race driver next season. Hopefully BMW takes a gamble on RK while RBR takes on JPM and uncerimoniously dumps DC.

please don't post more comments on JV , ok you hate JV don't worry we get it , but all those untiJV i have to tell you you have to stick with JV at least till 2007 , and maybe can be a surprise you saw JV even on 2008

so found another driver now leave JV alone ,

at least all people in the paddock are praising JV for his work espeicially with tyre evaluation

**** you .....

As stated by many before this is bure bulls##t. Ralf has a more then bullet proof contract and it is worth quite a penny. Why the hell would a team like BMW who is growing spend that much money (his contract is at 25 m according to F1 racing mag)? Jacques is doing a great job and has surprised everyone. Nick, Mario, Robert and Willy have all been very surprised by his results so far. He is equal and if not slightly beating Nick so why not use the rumoured one year extension close on his contract that would cost next to nothing for BMW!?

Plus a little information I might add, yesterday, JV on his quest to find the absolute softest tyres possible in combination with a new rear wing found close a second in the F1.06. Such performance boost are very rare and was great surprise for the team. That was the interesting information and results the team was talking about in it's news release yesterday. That was exactly the reason Sauber hired him (and Mario should keep him). When Peter hired him he said that he wanted JV because he knew that Jacques could find 1 second in the car.

I noticed this as well. He was just slightly off the pace of the Renault and a full second quicker then NH. As NH mentioned, JV is amazing on being gentle with the tires. This allows him to use a compound, sticker then the point and shoot crowd.

I look forward to JV's BMW being very close to the front at Monaco. This could be their first podium Not quite sure how this qualifying shootout is going to work on the streets of Monaco though. Seems like this is one track that qualifying is going to be really strange.

ahemmmmm. Did I not say the RS had two more years remaining with Toyota. Let's 2006 + 2 = 2008.

That is kind of the same as a three year deal starting in 2005 isn't it????

As others have mentioned RS has a ridiculous salary for the talent he brings to the team. That alone to me signifies how out of touch Toyota is on winning a championship.

I think this article started as a bit on Montoya's options for next year, but the author lost his way, and it ended up as a big pile of BS.

it's only rumours and it doesn't sound like complete bulls##t. mario was a obviously a big reason ralf was at williams and it's known he isn't a huge fan of jv.

not saying jv isn't doing a great job but no need to to rip the story to shreds i'm sure there are plenty such rumours going around the paddock. the stuff about the other drivers sounds pretty plausible...why is it that people are so quick to jump to jv's defence here? the reality is that he could very well lose his seat at bmw next year regardless of his solid performances so far.

Why would they bought RS...he's average driver with no chances to win title.

please don't post more comments on JV , ok you hate JV don't worry we get it , but all those untiJV i have to tell you you have to stick with JV at least till 2007 , and maybe can be a surprise you saw JV even on 2008

so found another driver now leave JV alone ,

at least all people in the paddock are praising JV for his work espeicially with tyre evaluation

**** you .....

Drivel.

You are even worse than cavallina, and that goes a long way...

WE DONT WANT HIM!

SAUBER BMW is trying to improve, and i think is on a good footing to do so.

I think Ralfie should be worried about not having a seat at all in the near future!

If you ask me Toyota are wasting the c#ckpit spaces in both of thier cars.

You guys are right out there, Toyota did sign a 4 year contract at roughly 12m a year with Ralf. I don't think Toyota signing Ralf was a bad thing since he's the only top rated driver with their contract expiring at the end of 04. JPM announced that he was heading to McLaren and DC was going to Red Bull.

I think the journalist need to back off of JV, I think he's doing an excellent job and F1 needs characters like JV.

it's only rumours and it doesn't sound like complete bulls##t. mario was a obviously a big reason ralf was at williams and it's known he isn't a huge fan of jv.

not saying jv isn't doing a great job but no need to to rip the story to shreds i'm sure there are plenty such rumours going around the paddock. the stuff about the other drivers sounds pretty plausible...why is it that people are so quick to jump to jv's defence here? the reality is that he could very well lose his seat at bmw next year regardless of his solid performances so far.

This is going to be a long, exciting and trying silly season

edited
edited
and again :nono1:

does pressing * make you feel like a big man? Are you not able to form an opinion or comment in your brain? Or is your answer to everything "*"?

I'd forgotten how crazy Kenneth can be.

Or how much I have to edit................... :mf_tongue:

Hello All,

I am a newbie to formula 1 forums, a sort of a veteran to formula 1 though. Been living the smoke and grease since the senna prost days. Looking forward to having fun here and connecting with other F1 fans

Brief intro to my F1 madness...

First Hero - Senna

Last Hero - Senna

Current Hero - JV and Schumi

Favourite Teams - Ferrari, McLaren and anything that JV drives...

Hate List - Fernando "young prick" Alonso

F1 races attended (zero) - This year will be at Indy, I work at Intel and I am trying to score a Paddock Pass, wish me luck

On the JV in BMW topic, I think BMW will be foolish to drop JV. JV faltered and killed his career when he moved to BAR. Call it greed, bad luck or stupidity, but if there ever was a driver that could smack schumi silly it was JV and Hakinnen.....so I hope to see him stick in BMW and make the greatest come back in F1 since Lauda had his balls toasted in 76...