Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Honda Refuses To Use Flexing Wings

Since i cant post the picture for some reason, think back to Burti in Hockenhiem in 2001

Here it is...

tufoto_49.jpg

What are you talking about? How do I 'look like a rookie'???? Explain yourself stop talking nonsense!!

They are being too hard on you. They are literally taking you to task because you said an F1 car has never flown so high, when it fact there are many examples of cars flying higher and farther.

IMO they are focusing on the wrong part of your message. Bottom line is RS did go for a flight in an F1 car and knows a little of what he speaks.

Speaking of how high an f1 car has been, I remember a promotional photo of DC with a Mclaren in a plane that simulates weightlessness!

A winner I think.

I agree that Fry should be targeted with the lionshare of the blame. It is he, at the end of the day, that is responsible for his team putting a good car on track. I may think Richards was a b@stard, but he was an effective b@stard and that's all that really counts. Listening to Fry drone on, trying to not commit to anything solid, reminds me of certain politicians. Alot of wind and no substance.

You lead by having a goal and holding your team responsible for meeting that goal. Fry seems too reluctant to take his department heads to task for not meeting goals. Far too nice.

Jenson and Rubhino can only do so much with a car that is lacking in total downforce. What good is it to put more wing on the nose if the back is also low? You put more wing on the rear and you get a car that is overall heating the tires, but now has too much downforce to be fast. Not sure what the solution is, but they better find it quick. Perhaps a softer tire compound for the first stint? :eusa_think:

This is all completely out of my arse, so don't call me out for proof, I'm too tired to go looking for it!

Honda has a couple of problems.

One, Nick Frye. overally optimistic, continually making claims that fall short. No real idea what is needed.

Two, Drivers. Neither JB or RB have developed a car. Since they lost the input from JV the team has slide backwards. 2004 JB benefitted with inheriting a car built on feedback from JV. They have gone steadily backwards since. RB won by driving a car that was built for Schaumcher and had very little to do with the direction that team took.

Look at the work JV is doing at BMW. Pushing for and working with the tire manufacturer to build a tire that maximizes the chassis. Sorry I won't go down this road any further.

Agree, although I had hoped that Rubens would've brought more to the team as he did have the handle on the Ferrari's at times as the Schu admited that he used Ruben's set ups........

Agree, although I had hoped that Rubens would've brought more to the team as he did have the handle on the Ferrari's at times as the Schu admited that he used Ruben's set ups........

Teams these days don't seem to listen to their drivers on set-up issues. If the almighty wind-tunnel and the angelic race sim computer says a car should be a certain way, the team duly sets it up that way and expects the driver to just race it.

I find it very frustrating to see Honda is just now giving Rubens what he needs in regards to brakes. What's the point in hiring a driver with Ferrari knowledge if you don't listen to him? This is the same frustration I had when Sauber refused to listen to JV on set-ups...ah well...

Rubens never complainbed of problems with the brakes until the season started, and since bahrain Honda have been trying to help him. So don't say bulls##t like that you silly american :P

Rubens never complainbed of problems with the brakes until the season started, and since bahrain Honda have been trying to help him. So don't say bulls##t like that you silly american :P

I can excuse the slowness of a team like Midland in addressing a relatively simple issue like brakes, but I cannot excuse Honda. My comment stands.

I can excuse the slowness of a team like Midland in addressing a relatively simple issue like brakes, but I cannot excuse Honda. My comment stands.

Indeed, Honda has been slow to change, not good...................

Speaking of how high an f1 car has been, I remember a promotional photo of DC with a Mclaren in a plane that simulates weightlessness!

A winner I think.

I remember that. I think it was in 1999 or 2000. They mentioned that McLaren was taking both its driver up in a plane so they could feel weightlessness which i thought was cool but then they showed the footage and i realised they not only took up both drivers but they also took up the car. It was really funny seeing a F1 car floating in a room.

Yes well barrichello wanted it all on different sides, but thats far too awkward for Honda, thus they had to test with him different materials etc!

Look at what happened to Jim Hurtubise.

No one but an Indy 500 nut would know what that means(hint; think of roadsters)