Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

This Board Should Be Renamed The JV Appreciation Forum

It is getting so boring reading posts about JV. Where are the likes of Bajo and Senna gone :eusa_think:

IMHO all the JV threads should be amalgamated into the ONE :yawn:

It used to be fun on here :unsure:

Rant over B)

Nice avatar Fed up :thbup:

I guess of all the current drivers, JV has been on more of a roller coaster than any other. His fall from grace in the B.A.R years, controversial departure form that team and off pace return (with Renault) have all kept the forums busy.

Not only has their been reason to discuss and slate JV, there has been considerable reason for JV's large fan base to come out and support him. With his recent return to form at BMW i am one of those respecting and admiring his determination to get back on top.

I know what Fed up is saying. There are many post about JV, but the fact is there is very little else to talk about.

JV and BMW are the news in F1 today. He has regained his form, and BMW are over achieving. How many times can you talk about JB and Button winning the WDC win they continually never deliver. If Honda would live up to their talk we might be discussing them more. Instead we hear the same thing coming out of the Honda camp with no result.

Many people, including Senna and Bajo agreed with the David Richards opinion of JV. I wish those guys were still here. They had very opinionated views, that they would have a hard time defending today.

I wonder why JV has such a fan base?. I think is because the longer you spend time finding out about this guy the more you realize what an intelligent, sincere guy he is. If he screws up, he takes responsibility for his actions. He seldom blames others, like so many other drivers do. He also is a team player. He seldom throws a hissy fit and points the finger at the team. The BMW pit crew has lost him positions on two occasions this year. JV has said absolutely nothing about it.

A lot of people have built their opinion on JV based on the things that Dave Richards said. Dave Richards is an egotistical control freak that does not like people who stand up to him. Take Richards comments out of the equation and suddenly JV isn't the trouble maker Richards claimed he was. He was only trouble for Richards. When the BAT board saw what Richards was doing to JB they decided enough already and canned his a##. Ethics to some people is important, to DR ethics meant nothing.

People who based their opinions on what DR said, are now re-evaluating that opinion, and our discovering the real JV. A sincere, honest racer, who has overcome incredible adversity to prove that he truly is one of the best.

I would bet, that even on this forum there are members, whose opinion of JV has changed based on the facts, and not what the F1 tabloids say. Bottom line is the guy has earned the respect of his fan base. As with anything earned, it takes a while, but once acheived it is very strong.

F1 without guys like JV, DC, and MS would be pretty dry. These three guys in particuliar, are worthy of respect for the passion they have shown for racing. These guys are team players, and they live and die for the team they race for. Understand that and you can see why what Dave Richards did to JV hit him so hard. I am glad for the opportunity Peter Sauber gave JV, and am equally impressed with MT, making up his own mind about how JV will fit into BMW's plans.

I'm convinced that YHR is in fact JV :o

:naughty: Just a spokesman :naughty:

Further to YHR's comments... JV has also been 'helped' by the rule changes. Being a 'pure/old-school/classic' driver who dislikes electronic aids. (The electronic aids helps not-so-good drivers or rookies look good as the electronic systems masks the mistakes that they make or could make.) I share JV's point of view and look forward to 2008 where drivers would need to use all of their skill to have a good performance rather than rely on great driver aids!

If you're so fed up with topics about JV, why start another one?

It's no problem having topics about JV, when you've got things to criticise him about, but when he's actually doing well, and his fans are happy, all of a sudden there's too many? If it's that bad for you, go Google some DR comments on JV. You could also checkout whatever the latest drivel d#ck Fry is saying on how they will be fighting for the win in the next <insert race> weekend.

He seldom throws a hissy fit

No, but he nearly got a Fisi hit :P

Would you rather this forum be a Button appreciation?? ;)

In all seriousness though, you're right, there are alot of threads regarding JV, but it's all about supply and demand. Fact of the matter is that there are alot of JV fans or people interested in Jacques, hence the large supply of news and threads.

It was all fine and good for the bashers to trash JV when he was struggling, now that he's starting to show you all what we've long seen in Jacques and have been saying for all these years, I think it is only fair we get to be heard even more. I don't recall a fuss being made when thread upon thread was started trashing Jacques.

Oh, I second what YHR said!!!

No, but he nearly got a Fisi hit :P

:clap3::D:clap3:

Would you rather this forum be a Button appreciation?? ;)

In all seriousness though, you're right, there are alot of threads regarding JV, but it's all about supply and demand. Fact of the matter is that there are alot of JV fans or people interested in Jacques, hence the large supply of news and threads.

It was all fine and good for the bashers to trash JV when he was struggling, now that he's starting to show you all what we've long seen in Jacques and have been saying for all these years, I think it is only fair we get to be heard even more. I don't recall a fuss being made when thread upon thread was started trashing Jacques.

Oh, I second what YHR said!!!

No problem with the number of JV threads, I just think the MODS should bunch them altogether so that YHR only needs to wax lyrical on one thread instead of 4/5 seperate ones.

That would be setting abit of an odd precedent as should we do that to the JV threads, then someone complains about threads about another driver, we'd have to do that as well.

The threads are all different and are of different stories, hence there is no need to merge them all. No need for a JV only thread, JB only thread, M$ only thread etc.

No problem with the number of JV threads, I just think the MODS should bunch them altogether so that YHR only needs to wax lyrical on one thread instead of 4/5 seperate ones.

Without repeating nojvnof1's sentiments, that's like putting all f1 discussions in one thread. Plus, if YHR is like me, he probably likes to spread his love as far and as wide as possible :P

Without repeating nojvnof1's sentiments, that's like putting all f1 discussions in one thread. Plus, if YHR is like me, he probably likes to spread his love as far and as wide as possible :P

I think the topics are different enough, the problem is the JV detractors have run away, and the topics all end up singing accolades to JV.

Is there anyone left on this board that does not think JV is still a top 10 driver.?

Is there anyone left who does not think JV still deserves a ride in F1?

Is there anyone who thinks he wasn't good enough to earn a World Championship?

What happened to all the guys who were saying JV was well past his prime, or that Nick Heidfield was going to blow JV out of the water???? . Good Lord there were enough of them around here last year!!!!!

It appears as if they have all disappeared. I guess JV must be driving so good that even his harshest critics have nothing to say.?

Or just perhaps JV's performance and dedication to the sport has sweetened the bitter taste so many had of him still driving in F1?

:lol:

Lets face it, JV is the only person worth talking about at the moment. he is doing very well this season. Its a shame because this season started great but the last 3 races have been terribly dull and since JV has been in the news a lot recently then there would be a lot of topics about him. Im sure once JB wins (I hope it wont be too long away) then we will have a lot of JB threads likewise if MS wins the WDC this year there will be a lot of topics bout him.

It has to be said though, there is a rather worryingly large number of JV fans, us Buttonites are feeling outnumbered! :lol:

BTW can I just ask, if JB ever wins a race can I please be the first person to say something? its only fair! :lol:

:lol:

BTW can I just ask, if JB ever wins a race can I please be the first person to say something? its only fair! :lol:

Sure you can, sure you can :lol::lol::lol:

Sure you can, sure you can :lol::lol::lol:

of course...

by the way... (jenson rules) do you have a chair? :eusa_think:

i agree alot with YHR , Jv was still and remain one of the most talented drivers F1 ever had,

for it was only cicumstances that after his world championship he didn't deliver anymore , and BAR , Honda today are still paying the price on what was a shame on a world champion to do,

so i'm happy for JV today and i'm really hoping for more ,

go JV let me dream again..........

its 10 times better to talk about JV than MS or JB.

nah if u are a jb or ms basher... u have a fighting chance in here but if ur a jv basher ... damn i think u'll get bombed worse than hiroshima or nagasaki :P

if ur an ayrton senna basher though i think u'll experience the first nuclear explosion ever !!!

dun think there's any of tht anyway...

yea sure if when he wins.. we're all still alive and this forum is still open :P

There are a lot of JV topics, many of which are almost completely pointless and uninteresting, but I havent got a problem with it. If you're not interested in JV, don't click on topics about JV!!! Simple