Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market

Current Driver / Seat Situation

(Note: Driver names in red are confirmed, blue are loose rumours, green are probable)

(Addititional Note: Those bolded are those which remain under much discussion)

Ferrari

Kimi Raikkonen

Felipe Massa

Michael Schumacher

David Coulthard

Rossi

Renault

Giancarlo Fisichella

Heikki Kovalainen

Mark Webber

Kimi Raikkonen

Pedro De La Rosa

Juan Pablo Montoya

Sebastien Bourdais

Michael Schumacher

Mclaren

Fernando Alonso

Juan Pablo Montoya

Nico Rosberg

Kimi Raikkonen

Gary Paffett

Lewis Hamilton

Pedro De La Rosa

Mark Webber

Honda

Jenson Button

Rubens Barrichello

Williams

Nico Rosberg

Alex Wurx

Mark Webber

Lewis Hamilton

Juan Pablo Montoya

Jenson Button

Toyota

Ralf Schumacher

Jarno Trulli

David Coulthard

Felipe Massa

Nico Rosberg

BMW

Nick Heidfeld

Robert Kubica

Jacques Villeneuve

Ralf Schumacher

Christjian Albers

Michael Schumacher

Red Bull

David Coulthard

Mark Webber

Juan Pablo Montoya

Liuzzi

Christian Klien

Robert Doornbos

Heikki Kovalainen

Rossi

Toro Rosso

Liuzzi

Scott Speed

Christian Klien

Robert Doornbos

Bruno Senna

Midland {Rumoured To Be Sold to Lost Boys}

Christjian Albers

Tiago

Robert Doornbos

Jos Verstappen

Super Aguri

Takuma Sato

Yamamoto

Random Japanese guy

Anthony Davidson

Christijan Albers

Drivers Possibly Retiring

Juan Pablo Montoya Gone to NASCAR

Jacques Villeneuve Followed JPM to NASCAR

Michael Schumacher One of the best has retired

Christian Klien Turned down Champcars

Jarno Trulli

David Coulthard

Obviously not perfect and it is constantly being adapted, but this is basically what the rumours have shown the driver market to be.

Note: Feel free to make comments and find sources which link drivers to more seats or put probables as more like rumours and vice versa. This list is not fixed neither does it reflect my own personal feelings - it has been modified by many already, so no need for arguing or bashing drivers, this simply is to see the market as a whole and how it changes over the next few months.

Cheers Kay

Current Driver / Seat Situation

(Note: Driver names in red are confirmed, blue are loose rumours, green are probable)

Red Bull

David Coulthard

Christian Klien

Juan Pablo Montoya

Robert Doornbos

I agree with most of what you are saying but i believe DC should be coloured green and Montoya in blue. It is much more likely that DC will end up at Red Bull next season than Montoya.

I think it's looking more likely everyday that Kimi's race suit will be blue next year, not red. Michael is trying to mess with Kimi's mind (not calling his decision yet) to try and unsettle him and keep him out of Maranello. Plus, with Renault now comitting, it would make sense for Kimi to go there.

Jenson Button should never be in Red :P

Yeah, he should be in DTM or something :D

Considering DC is both strongly linked with Toyota and Red Bull, I'll wait awhile before making one green, could have done with another colour for between "probable" and "rumour" as its a large gap.

As for Jenson, I was going to put him until every single team, but I thought that might cause a stir.

Considering DC is both strongly linked with Toyota and Red Bull, I'll wait awhile before making one green, could have done with another colour for between "probable" and "rumour" as its a large gap.

From what ive heard DC is linked to Toyota in 2007 not 2006. Anyway afew weeks ago a Red Bull insider said that DC will sign a new contract for Red Bull mid season. Im very confident that DC will be driving the Rb3 next season as he is doing better than his teammate and it is also reported that Coulthard convinced Adrian Newey to switch to Red Bull.

As for Jenson, I was going to put him until every single team, but I thought that might cause a stir.

:lol:

So we've had several articles regards to Massa and Jacques which questions where they will go...

I think the performance in the next few races will be vital. Those that looked good in Monaco will soon be forgotten if they mess up the next few races. Should be very interesting.

I've heard from a reliable source that Hamlton is definitely McLaren 3rd driver next year and its between him and 2 others for the second seat.

I know this is no relivation but it means there wont be a Rosburg - Hamlton switch

Plus McLaren are safe knowing that they can wait until Kimi makes up him mind, who is of course waiting for Schumacher to make up their mind. So nothing will be decided until the end of the summer.

Lot of places I see JPM popping up - I do hope he stays with McLaren though, and I can't see him going to renault.

I still rate only Alonso, Kimi and Schumacher ahead of Montoya. Drivers total F1 victory records tend to agree with me too.

I still rate only Alonso, Kimi and Schumacher ahead of Montoya. Drivers total F1 victory records tend to agree with me too.

What about DC & JV? :eusa_think:

On a good day Montoya is better than everyone, sometimes by a long way. On those days, I think he's incredible and I became a fan during 2002 when those good days were very often

Here is another wild rumour regarding next years driver line ups.

Briton David Coulthard could be set for a surprise move to Ferrari next year after hinting he had begun discussions at Silverstone here Thursday.

Coulthard, 35, looked to be on his way out of Formula One at the end of the season after joining Red Bull Racing and enduring the worst run of his career - scoring only one point in 12 races.

But following Red Bull's first podium finish at the Monaco Grand Prix last time out, he has moved up to 11th in the drivers' championship and is again on teams' radars, and the Austrian-owned squad look likely to have to fight to keep the 13-times Grand Prix winner in 2007.

When asked in a news conference, Coulthard refused to deny that he had entered into talks with Ferrari about a drive, saying: "That's none of your business."

He added that he believes he could do a better job at the Scuderia than their current number two driver Brazilian Felipe Massa.

"Looking at Ferrari from the outside they've got one driver (Michael Schumacher) scoring some serious points and the other (Massa) not," he added. "Any team needs to have two drivers to capitalise and I've not scored over 500 points by accident."

He even believes that fellow-Briton Jenson Button, 26, could be in contention for the drive despite seemingly being under lock-and-key with Honda for the next four seasons.

Coulthard added: "Everyone talks to everybody at this stage of the season. Although he (Button) is contracted to Honda, I'm sure he is talking to everyone as well."

Coulthard, who was linked to a Ferrari role before joining Red Bull in 2005, refuted claims that Monaco has made all the difference. He added: "It's silly to suggest people will decide on putting someone in a car based on one result.

"I've a history of consistency, scoring points and I've won a few Grand Prix, and the team know what I do on track and with engineers back at the factory.

Its interesting fiction but there is 0% chance of DC joining Ferrari. Imagine how Cavallino would feel, he loves Ferrari and hates Coulthard.

:lol: Fat chance. All the news reports are based on two or 3 lines he said in the prss conference today, if you read them you'll know taht they don't mean anything. And as Irvine (?) said, in the paddock everyone talks to everyone.

Though if Michael decides to stick on for another year, and Kimi doesn't come, DC wouldn't make a bad lapdog. It is far better to have a DC who will consistently finish behind Michael than Massa who will occasionally beat him, be close half the time and crash out the rest.

But yeah, not going to happen.

:lol: Fat chance. All the news reports are based on two or 3 lines he said in the prss conference today, if you read them you'll know taht they don't mean anything. And as Irvine (?) said, in the paddock everyone talks to everyone.

Though if Michael decides to stick on for another year, and Kimi doesn't come, DC wouldn't make a bad lapdog. It is far better to have a DC who will consistently finish behind Michael than Massa who will occasionally beat him, be close half the time and crash out the rest.

But yeah, not going to happen.

DC has beaten MS a awful lot in inferior machinary. If he was MS's teammate i am 100% certain he would do better than Irvine and Rubens.

Kimi and Michael are the two keys in this year's musical chairs. I just wish they'd make up their minds ASAP!!!

Kimi and Michael are the two keys in this year's musical chairs. I just wish they'd make up their minds ASAP!!!

I agree. When they decide what they are going then most other drivers will sign a contract shortly after. At the moment both Red Bull drivers, Montoya and Massa are all waiting to see what MS and KR are doing before they can sign their contracts.

At the moment both Red Bull drivers, Montoya and Massa are all waiting to see what MS and KR are doing before they can sign their contracts.

Add Villeneuve to that list, and you'll see why I want them to be quick in their decision :lol: