Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market

F1racing.net did mention that Kovaleinen is going to Toro Roso as part of a engine deal. That make one empty seat next to a wasted one at Renault.

Added that, as well as Robert Doornbos as a rumour to Midland. Forgot about the link that they could be bought out and two Dutch drivers given seats. Any other Dutch drivers linked to what would be Lost Boys?

Believe me he is not Dutch. ;)

Austria and Holland are two separate countries.

This thread is a top notch idea Kay. I'm going to pin this thread so additions and amendments to the list can be made easily.

Ralf - yes. He's German, he's a Schumacher and probably as good a driver as JV is right now.

I expected better from you Cav

Mario's comments above make me lean more convincingly towards JV remaining at BMW Sauber.

Cav, how did JV burn his bridges with other teams. I mean, how has he burned bridges at say RBR or Toyota?

Not all other teams. I was particularly talking in reference to prodrive - it would be an excellent choice for a new team that doesn't want to make upthe numbers to sign a good and experienced driver.

Oh OK. I think it's safe to say Prodrive won't be making any enquiries into JV's availability, and neither will JV enquire about any possible seat they may have :lol:

"You rarely see a killer like Kubica," Gerhard Berger, co-owner of the Toro Rosso team, told Swiss newspaper Blick. "He drives out of the pits and is immediately super-fast. Only very few drivers can do that."

Seems he may get a race seat elsewhere. :unsure:

I doubt they would be, surely they need to focus on their team for the first two or three years?

Selling engines isn't that much of a strain, just make a few more of the same and send some engines guys to liaison periodically I'd guess.

Well after the failed partnership with Williams, I'd think they'd put those kind of ideas on hold for a few years.

You seem adament to make your points don't you. Even though I made my point that it wasn't my opinion, but a rumour.

I thought we had gone past that but I've noticed we haven't, ah well.

I personally think Alonso should stay with Renault since he is having so much luck. Kimi's ride is up in the air, cuz i think he can do better than what he currently is doing at McLaren

Interesting article, Kay. I think this paragraph is quite telling:

"Todt said after Barcelona that a Ferrari driver announcement was not likely until Monza in September, so we've got an awful long wait to find out. This is probably to give Schumacher time to make his mind up. Some say that's why Raikkonen's supposed signing won't be confirmed yet -- although others say it will be done in Monaco...."

Obviously this is an older article, but the part in bold tells us that Michael is waiting until he's mathematically out of the championship before making his decision. He wants that 8th title. If it comes this year, he's gone this winter. If Alonso takes it, Michael will be around for one last shot at it in 2007.

This, not Kimi, is the real crux of SiLly SeASoN. It's the Mahjongg piece that will free up all the others to be played.

Heikki Kovalainen is certain to line up as a rookie on the grand prix grid next year - in a Red Bull.

That is the assertion of Spain's 'AS' newspaper, which said that the current Renault test driver is part of a deal with the French marque for customer engines in 2007.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner was quoted in Montreal as urging Christian Klien, the likely casualty of the deal, to up his game.

'No longer can he behave like a newcomer,' the English chief told 'AS'.

'A car designed by Adrian Newey will be very attractive to drivers and we have many options in this area.'

http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=16171

Red Bull have had half the feild linked to them at some point in this season.

F1 - 2006 - Canada - Montreal

Trulli denies Toyota deal done

GMMf1NET -- 25/06/2006 11:16am

Jarno Trulli has denied rumours that a new three-year contract with Toyota is now done.

But the Italian driver did confess that he is 'close' to putting pen to paper.

''At the moment I am in talks,'' Trulli, 31, told BBC, ''and close to a contract with Toyota. But at the moment it is not done.''

;)