Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market

Luizzi has not drove the world on Fire you know.

Ask some of the guys within the Red Bull camp that. Ask which driver has the most potential, and which is currently quickest (if a bit inconsistent still). ;)

Also, add Montagny to Super Aguri. Supposedly, his deal with them for this year was to finish off the season as third driver, and in return he has been guaranteed a race seat for next year. Sorry again, Ant! But, good to see he gets a real deal.

Also, add Montagny to Super Aguri. Supposedly, his deal with them for this year was to finish off the season as third driver, and in return he has been guaranteed a race seat for next year. Sorry again, Ant! But, good to see he gets a real deal.

Interesting news. Thanks for that

As for Liuzzi, I think he's done a pretty good job this year, far better than last year and could be in for an outside chance of that last RBR seat alongside DC if they don't opt for Renault engines (and hence taking Heikki as part of the deal. Either way he'll be in F1 next year, either with RBR or Toro Rosso, so at the end of the day, it's not a major problem.

One question, Kay: How do you determine what is probable and what is loose rumour?

For instance, you have Kimi Raikkonen listed as probable for Ferrari and loose rumour for Renault. It would seem to my way of reckoning these things that Massa would be probable for Ferrari and Kimi probable for Renault.

Not meaning to nit-pick, just wondering what your system is... :D

My system is it changes when the public opinion changes on boards (which is generally when rumours get a bit more substance)... so most people so far (think this is on 4 sites now) have believed Kimi was going to Ferrari. Of course opinion changes all the time, which is why I regularly update it, when something is disputed then it goes bold and when it changes I change it, hence why when people have stated a rumour in this thread I have added it as long as it has some source. ;) The only thing I won't do, is put a driver in red when people ask, as that is based on official statement from the team involved or driver.

Hence why Massa was already bold. ;) Friday is generally my day for looking around and seeing whats new, but I've been away for a week so I'm a bit behind. :)

KR or MS might be an option for BMW, and that is the reason JV has not been signed. IF BMW can prove they are close to the top by year end, then there might be a big surprise as to who one of these guys signs for. This is one of the primary reasons MS and KR are not yet signed.

Latest rumours have BMW offering MS $100 million. Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Well where did you hear it?

I can't just include something because one person thinks it. Otherwise all the drivers would be linked to all the teams.

I guess I was a month ahead of the official "rumour". Now that some F1 reporter hack has broken the news I suppose the suggestion has some weight to it. ??????? Oh brother

That would be the ultimate slap in the face for JV and his fans. BMW paying big bucks and getting M$ hence most likely ending JV's F1 career. The thought is making me nautious, however I don't see it happening. M$ will retire after this year or next in the Ferrari.

I guess I was a month ahead of the official "rumour".

I'll grant you that one, I was rather sceptical earlier if I recall correctly. It is still a rather remote possibility though, remember Michael is also supposed to be going to Renault and Red Bull.

That would be the ultimate slap in the face for JV and his fans.

And for Ferrari fans, so I think for once we want or rather do not want the same thing.

100 Million? Add a zero, but somehow i don't believe this ;)

Source: http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s85/st101065.htm?fromrss=1

BMW Offers Schumacher A $1 Billion Contract!

By Dale Calkins - July 26 2006

According to reports, BMW is prepared to offer Michael Schumacher several hundred million dollars for his services. The marketing possibilities for the two German giants would be astronomical and would seem like a logical move on BMW's part.

BMW Offers

Schumacher

$1 Billion Contract

According to reports, BMW is prepared to offer Michael Schumacher several hundred million dollars for his services. The marketing possibilities for the two German giants would be astronomical and would seem like a logical move on BMW's part.

According to F1 Racing Magazine Schumacher's Manager Willi Weber has been in talks with the BMW-Sauber team to have Michael race for the team possibly as soon as next season. BMW would pay the German $100 million initially but with the massive merchandising and endorsement possibilities could bring in over $1 billion dollars for Schumacher.

$1 billion dollars may seem like a ridiculous amount of money for BMW to pay for the aging megastar but one must consider the marketing possibilities. These would of course be extremely beneficial to BMW. Schumacher is also not to bad of a Formula 1 racer as well, someone who could help build the relatively new team.

Nothing of course has been confirmed or denied by either of the respective parties, so stay tuned to Ferrari 1 for further developments.

That would be the ultimate slap in the face for JV and his fans. BMW paying big bucks and getting M$ hence most likely ending JV's F1 career. The thought is making me nautious, however I don't see it happening. M$ will retire after this year or next in the Ferrari.

I agree, this is a tough one. The better JV and the BMW perform, the more likely MS will look at BMW as a potential winner. JV's strong performance could end up causing him to lose his seat!!!!. I doubt MS would look at BMW unless they can deliver a car capable of winning

Still, I would not fault MT for this decision. I stated months ago, this is one move that MT could make that would make sense to me, and explain why JV has not been resigned.

I would far sooner see JV go out being replaced by a great WDC instead of a SAP like Sato. That was the ultimate slap in the face.

100 Million? Add a zero, but somehow i don't believe this ;)

Source: http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s85/st101065.htm?fromrss=1

BMW Offers Schumacher A $1 Billion Contract!

By Dale Calkins - July 26 2006

BMW Offers

Schumacher

$1 Billion Contract

According to F1 Racing Magazine Schumacher's Manager Willi Weber has been in talks with the BMW-Sauber team to have Michael race for the team possibly as soon as next season. BMW would pay the German $100 million initially but with the massive merchandising and endorsement possibilities could bring in over $1 billion dollars for Schumacher.

$1 billion dollars may seem like a ridiculous amount of money for BMW to pay for the aging megastar but one must consider the marketing possibilities. These would of course be extremely beneficial to BMW. Schumacher is also not to bad of a Formula 1 racer as well, someone who could help build the relatively new team.

Nothing of course has been confirmed or denied by either of the respective parties, so stay tuned to Ferrari 1 for further developments.

:clap3: what a load of rubbish!

I agree, this is a tough one. The better JV and the BMW perform, the more likely MS will look at BMW as a potential winner. JV's strong performance could end up causing him to lose his seat!!!!. I doubt MS would look at BMW unless they can deliver a car capable of winning

Still, I would not fault MT for this decision. I stated months ago, this is one move that MT could make that would make sense to me, and explain why JV has not been resigned.

Come on, first raikkonen, now schumacher, what planet are you on, no offence old chum.

:clap3: what a load of rubbish!

Come on, first raikkonen, now schumacher, what planet are you on, no offence old chum.

I don't know what you are talking about. Right from the start I said MS or KR is a possibility for BMW. Now because Willy Weber has been talking to MT, the F1 media has finally caught up with my insightfulness, and is starting to wind up the rumor mill.

As I mentioned before, I don't wait for the F1 media to tell me what to think. I look at the facts, see the possibilites and make my own mind up. It is quite easy to believe that BMW would want MS, and it is quite easy to believe that if BMW was capable of supplying a winning car, MS would jump at the chance to win in a German car. If you don't believe that is true then the question is, what planet are you on!!!!!

Renault and mclaren look far more likely to build a winning car than BMW, but MS doesnt show any intent at all at leaving ferrari, why would he? there's no way he'll leave ferrari. MT may want schuamcher and kimi, all teams do, but when there's seats at renault, ferrari and mclaren available, the top drivers aren't going to think too much about BMW. I'm on planet jemstride

And for Ferrari fans, so I think for once we want or rather do not want the same thing.

I don't see how it could be a slap in the face for Ferrari fans. He stuck by the team through the bad (and there were some very bad times early on) and brought them back to the top step and has done so for a very very long time.

After thinking it through, it could just work out for JV should this come to fruition. Say BMW dump JV for Michael, that leaves a spot open at Ferrari alongside Massa, which Raikkonen will most likely take. Therefore a seat alongside Fisichella is open at Renault. I don't see Flav running a team with Fisi and Heikki, and there really is no big name talent left free, apart from Jacques that is.

I'm not fussed whether you all believe me or not, but I know that JV could end up at Renault from what I've been hearing. Of course, Kimi is their number one choice, and everything depends on what Kimi and Michael does, but if Renault don't get Kimi, JV is next in line. I know I'm gonna get bagged and the like for suggesting such a thing as it hasn't been mentioned in the mainstream F1 press, but IF it happens, don't say I didn't tell you so.

I don't see how it could be a slap in the face for Ferrari fans. He stuck by the team through the bad (and there were some very bad times early on) and brought them back to the top step and has done so for a very very long time.

After thinking it through, it could just work out for JV should this come to fruition. Say BMW dump JV for Michael, that leaves a spot open at Ferrari alongside Massa, which Raikkonen will most likely take. Therefore a seat alongside Fisichella is open at Renault. I don't see Flav running a team with Fisi and Heikki, and there really is no big name talent left free, apart from Jacques that is.

I'm not fussed whether you all believe me or not, but I know that JV could end up at Renault from what I've been hearing. Of course, Kimi is their number one choice, and everything depends on what Kimi and Michael does, but if Renault don't get Kimi, JV is next in line. I know I'm gonna get bagged and the like for suggesting such a thing as it hasn't been mentioned in the mainstream F1 press, but IF it happens, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Well I'll certainly take my hat off to you if it happens, but I just can't see it happening. MS will never leave ferrari, there's no reason to at all

Well I'll certainly take my hat off to you if it happens, but I just can't see it happening. MS will never leave ferrari, there's no reason to at all

Don't forget he is German. Stepping into a German car, and actually winning in it would be the icing on the cake in his career. The German fans would be ecstatic.

Life is all about challenges. MS says he is having more fun now then ever. Why is that. Because he is in a battle and not a cake walk. The challenge of winning a championship in a third team may appeal to him.

Why do you suppose MS is waiting so long to decide where he drives next year??????

Seems to me if Ferrari was the only option he was considering, he would have signed by now. They are back up front fighting for wins, so why hasn't MS signed????

Could be he is waiting to see how competitive BMW are by years end. IF there is a chance they can get close to the top in their times, then MS might see it as a golden opportunity for his career.

It is a longshot, but stranger things have happened.

I think he's waiting to decide whether to retire or whether to stay on with ferrari, rather than looking around at other teams. After 11 years with ferrari I dont think he'd have desire to spend his last year or 2 in the midfield

Well if he does it at this stage, he'd be doing it for money, it isn't as if the team is going to the dogs. Which would be a pity. 11 years is a long time and I have been watching for 10 of them. Good times :)

I just read about this in the paper today (1st id heard of it!!) - personally i think i would actually like to see MS in a BMW!!!! Mainly because i would like to see if he could do the same thing with them as he did with Ferrari when he joined them - basically turn a pretty lousy team into the best - it would prove to all you doubters once and for all that MS is the best no matter what hes driving, it would also be very exciting to watch.

Also as already pointed out to help a German team win the WDC would finish off his career perfectly.

Though obviously if he decides to stay with Ferrari i will be more than ecstatic too (as long as he just doesnt retire!!!!!) :king:

He joined ferrari 11 years ago and won a title 4 years later. He's now 37 I think, he doesnt have THAT much time left! Ferrari are like his family, he's made it clear he will never leave

I have got the latest inside information, what's going on in negotiations:

-Michael Schumacher would like to continue 1 more year in formula one. But he is so afraid of being beaten by Kimi Raikkonen, that this is his condition: if Kimi comes, Michael quits.

-Because of this, Ferrari is ready to give Kimi ALMOST FULL SALARY for next year, if he is ready to stay 1 more year in another team, for example Renault.

-Because of Michael's frighteness Kimi will probably go to Renault for one year, and being paid both from Renault and Ferrari, he becomes the best paid guy in F1.