Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market

From a Dutchie:

Chris Albers has revealed on dutch telly that he signed a contract about 4 weeks ago (official announcement: oct 8th). He didn't want to say where, only revealed that it's not with Spyker/Midland. One reason for that was the fact that they would have announced it as soon as the announcement of the sale of the team came, but they didn't.

He also said it may, or may not surprise people.

Last but not least, we saw a Honda. Meaning that Chris might be a test driver for Honda? No clue what Ant does, but considering the fact Ruby and Jens are fixed, it can't be anything else at Honda.

Or he might go SA, as they'll be more or less honda's B-team and are expected to make a step forward next year.

Wild speculations also suggest that he might go to McLaren for 1 year as Mclaren wanted drivers with racing experience and all that.

apart from that I've got not much to say about the silly season

That perhaps puts Ant in the Super Aguri and Albers as a tester for Honda.

And

Lewis Hamilton's manager and father has admitted that a likely test at Silverstone next week is likely to determine the 21-year-old's immediate future in Formula One.

The British youngster, who at Monza sealed his championship crown in GP2, is tipped to take either a test or race seat at the team in 2007.

It is also possible that he will replace Pedro de la Rosa as the temporary occupant of departed Juan Pablo Montoya's 2006 race seat.

''Based on his performance (at the test) they will decide whether, at this stage, he is good enough for Formula One,'' Anthony Hamilton told the Mercury.

But Lewis' father also admitted that 'other options' might be explored for 2007, as Hamilton's long term management contract with Woking based McLaren is set to expire at the end of the year.

He revealed: ''We have been offered a drive for next season with one team and a testing role with a guaranteed seat for 2008 from another.''

Not enough seats left for everyone though, so someone has to lose out.

Here you go Kay (just because you are such a sweetie :wub:;)

The driver line-up is almost ready, this is how it looks so far:

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

McLaren MP4-22 Mercedes FO108S

1. Fernando Alonso

2. Lewis Hamilton (hopefully) / Pedro de la Rosa (likely)/ Albers (long shot)

3rd driver: PDLR/Hamilton/Paffett (?)

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

Ferrari 248F1B 057

3. Kimi R

A tough one at that. ;)

One of us needs to figure out the testers too... but that's very dependant on the race seats first. If Michael was to win the WDC Kimi would probably choose to have a 0 on his car.

If you check back to the first post you'll see it's colour coded for unknowns. :thbup:

A tough one at that. ;)

One of us needs to figure out the testers too... but that's very dependant on the race seats first. If Michael was to win the WDC Kimi would probably choose to have a 0 on his car.

If you check back to the first post you'll see it's colour coded for unknowns. :thbup:

I have added the 3rd drivers I think are secure or likely.

I have added the 3rd drivers I think are secure or likely.

Zonta has been confirmed as a Renault tester though...

Zonta has been confirmed as a Renault tester though...

i read in the paper yesterday that Piquet Jnr had or was about to sign up for that role :huh:

sorry just found this -

The 21-year-old son of former three-time F1 champion Nelson Piquet was signed last week as one of Renault's two test drivers for next season.

and yep hell be driving alongside Zonta - i hope hes gets a race seat in F1 soon as i think he is a real find!!!!

Montagny closer to Toyota-deal after retirement Panis?

Franck Montagny seems to be closer and closer to a deal with the Panasonic Toyota F1 Team as after the departure of Ricardo Zonta to Renault, Olivier Panis announced his retirement today. In an interview with F1Technical last week, the French F1 driver didn't want to say too much about his future, but an announcement is expected any day now.

www.f1technical.com

I guess this is a good thing for Franck :thbup:

Montagny closer to Toyota-deal after retirement Panis?

Franck Montagny seems to be closer and closer to a deal with the Panasonic Toyota F1 Team as after the departure of Ricardo Zonta to Renault, Olivier Panis announced his retirement today. In an interview with F1Technical last week, the French F1 driver didn't want to say too much about his future, but an announcement is expected any day now.

www.f1technical.com

I guess this is a good thing for Franck :thbup:

Poor guy why cant someone give him a race seat!