Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market

Kimi and Michael are the two keys in this year's musical chairs. I just wish they'd make up their minds ASAP!!!

If Kimi and Michael are at together at Ferrari they will for sure get the Constractor CHampionship even with an inferior car .

Came on people these 2 are the best drivers.

Added that - any other rumours I have missed while on holiday?

KR or MS might be an option for BMW, and that is the reason JV has not been signed. IF BMW can prove they are close to the top by year end, then there might be a big surprise as to who one of these guys signs for. This is one of the primary reasons MS and KR are not yet signed.

KR or MS might be an option for BMW, and that is the reason JV has not been signed.

No they aren't. The reason JV has not been signed is because Thiessen is trying to find a better alternative and is trying to judge if it's a better idea to throw Kubica in instead. If he thought that highly of JV, JV would have a contract. It's 2006 all over again - JV is the last resort, the fallback, the ocnstant factor - there is virtually no chance of JV getting a drive with someone else - he has burnt his bridges with the possibilities. I can't put it more bluntly.

No they aren't. The reason JV has not been signed is because Thiessen is trying to find a better alternative and is trying to judge if it's a better idea to throw Kubica in instead. If he thought that highly of JV, JV would have a contract. It's 2006 all over again - JV is the last resort, the fallback, the ocnstant factor - there is virtually no chance of JV getting a drive with someone else - he has burnt his bridges with the possibilities. I can't put it more bluntly.

I agree completely, any team manager worth his weight should be always trying to improve his driver line up at contract renewal time.

The fact is KR and MS are the only guys better then JV who are available, and that is why they should be considered an option for BMW. JPM, DC, RS, FM are no better then JV, and only offer BMW someone different. BMW and MT want someone better, not just different.

Kubica is a future race driver for BMW, but not for 2007. I 'm afraid you are letting your bias against JV get in the way of the facts.

I mean I am a big JV fan, but I don't let that stand in the way of common sense. BMW would be foolish not to pick up MS or KR if they have expressed an interest in the team. Both of these guys are better for BMW then JV, but at what cost???? MT has to decide if the money it cost to attract an MS or KR is really worth it at this stage of BMW's development. I personally thought BMW were at least a year away from being able to attract the best drivers. The development of the car has exceed expectations and interest from top drivers is coming sooner then expected.

Has it been on a site? Link?

I choose to let F1 and the characters involved speak for themselves. I don't need some internet reporter to be my only source for "Facts"

I agree completely, any team manager worth his weight should be always trying to improve his driver line up at contract renewal time.

The fact is KR and MS are the only guys better then JV who are available, and that is why they should be considered an option for BMW. JPM, DC, RS, FM are no better then JV, and only offer BMW someone different. BMW and MT want someone better, not just different.

Remember the situation was the same last year - there were even fewer drivers available and JV had a contract yet they didn't announce him until the last minute. From that I can only deduce that in BMW's opinion there are better choices available.

Just JV fan delusions I think.

Why would KR or MS coming to BMW to displace JV be a fan delusion???????

Them being the only possible candidates is.

And neither KR nor MS are going to BMW next year. That is guaranteed.

Remember the situation was the same last year - there were even fewer drivers available and JV had a contract yet they didn't announce him until the last minute. From that I can only deduce that in BMW's opinion there are better choices available.

On the contrary. JV has had a really good year and worked extremely well with the team. It is going to take a much better driver then DC, JPM, RS to displace him. Last year he was an unknown commodity to BMW, this year to loosly quote MT "JV is a strong asset that puts a smile on my face"

Deduce what you want, but try to use the most current information when you do. What happened last year in F1 has little bearing on the current situation, and what happened before that even less.

Them being the only possible candidates is.

And neither KR nor MS are going to BMW next year. That is guaranteed.

OK

DC no. JPM unlikely though he has his fans, I don't think he fits in with BMW. Ralf - yes. He's German, he's a Schumacher and probably as good a driver as JV is right now.

If BMW wanted to target a young prospect they'd go for Rosberg - German again. But it seems like they reckon Kubica is equally good.

DC no. JPM unlikely though he has his fans, I don't think he fits in with BMW. Ralf - yes. He's German, he's a Schumacher and probably as good a driver as JV is right now.

Ouch, that really hurts. IMO RS is an unmotivated driver, putting in time to collect a pay check, that continually puts together strings of uninspired drives. If he didn't have a long term contract with the brain trust(and I use the term loosely) at Toyota he would be out of F1.

I choose to let F1 and the characters involved speak for themselves. I don't need some internet reporter to be my only source for "Facts"

Well where did you hear it?

I can't just include something because one person thinks it. Otherwise all the drivers would be linked to all the teams.

F1racing.net did mention that Kovaleinen is going to Toro Roso as part of a engine deal. That make one empty seat next to a wasted one at Renault.

To me I think it's going to be

Massa and KR @ Ferrari

JPM and FA @ McLaren

I think Toyota is going to stick with the same drivers line up.

Since Kovaleninen is going to Toro Roso, I think Renault is going to try and take Mark Webber.

So it's Mark Webber and Fisi at Renault

Sadly said, but I don't think BMW is going to keep JV. I think they're going to use Kubica.

NH and Kubica at BMW

I think JV might have a pretty good chance going back to Williams.

Nico and JV

And who really cares about the rest right?

Well where did you hear it?

I can't just include something because one person thinks it. Otherwise all the drivers would be linked to all the teams.

Well let me see. BMW has an open spot. MS, KR are unsigned for 2007. I think this condition is enough to consider them driving for BMW. If BMW can demonstrate they have the skills,(which they seem to be doing) KR or the super German might be ocnvinced to give BMW a whirl, don't you think?

A longshot maybe, but conceivable.

Some quotes this week from Herr Mario:

"We will have an extremely strong team of drivers once again in 2007, but a final decision on the line-up won't be made until the end of the season,

Some quotes this week from Herr Mario:

"We will have an extremely strong team of drivers once again in 2007, but a final decision on the line-up won't be made until the end of the season,

Well let me see. BMW has an open spot. MS, KR are unsigned for 2007. I think this condition is enough to consider them driving for BMW. If BMW can demonstrate they have the skills,(which they seem to be doing) KR or the super German might be ocnvinced to give BMW a whirl, don't you think?

A longshot maybe, but conceivable.

You could say the same for Toyota, Williams and several other teams who will either fall flat on their face or become great things...

The list is based on rumours and signings though, I figure you should use Cav's thread to put KR or MS at BMW...