Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market

Well as good as done, Autosport rarely gets these wrong. If autosport says something is done, it goes red in my predicitons thread, otherwise it's no fun.

Well I'll wait until it is confirmed else I might as well put Sato as red, as although unconfirmed he will race next year.

What could this say for the Toyota deal as this is also still unconfirmed despite it being reported several weeks ago.

Still some more:

McLaren has up to 'three other options' lined up in case Kimi Raikkonen leaves the team according to Mercedes Competition Director Norbert Haug who said in Montreal that they was still hopeful of keeping the 26-year-old Finn for 2007.

Raikkonen is linked with possible moves to Ferrari and Renault, but is more likely to keep the faith at McLaren 'with each good result', according to Haug.

To the sid agency, he continued: ''(Kimi) knows what he has with us, but he will go with whoever gives him the best chance of victory.''

McLaren-Mercedes' 'two or three' options might include choosing to retain Juan Pablo Montoya, as Fernando Alonso prepares to join next year. But Haug also alluded to speculation surrounding GP2 sensation Lewis Hamilton, saying: ''We have often encountered good experiences with drivers of the new generation.''

Source: F1live.com

I personally think Alonso should stay with Renault since he is having so much luck. Kimi's ride is up in the air, cuz i think he can do better than what he currently is doing at McLaren

He is already signed a contract with Mclaren he can't go back.I think renault may win this years championship but as the same with Michael Schumacher in the Benneton days they loose a topend driver and fill them with uncompetitive drivers.Now that is if they dont get Raikkonen.if they get Kimi then we may be singing the same tune next year as this year! :)

Still some more:

Boys we have got a another dreamer!!

Williams are back!

Beautiful car no doubt!!Are they back?Nope! :D

Juan Pablo Montoya has refused to rule out returning to America's open-wheeler scene next year, as his prospects of securing a top formula one drive continue to wane.

His former Champ Car boss, Chip Ganassi, indicated recently that he would gladly take the feisty Colombian back.

30-year-old Montoya is almost certain to now be out of the frame to retain his McLaren ride for 2007, and his other possibilities - most notably Red Bull - are rapidly looking just as dubious.

On the back of two disappointing seasons in silver, he tangled with Nico Rosberg last Sunday at Montreal before slapping the wall and ignominiously retiring.

''I do not know what the future brings,'' Montoya admitted to Auto Motor Und Sport magazine. ''At the moment I am not really thinking about it.''

On the Chip Ganassi link, he added: ''Everything is possible.

"I am completely relaxed. I will look at the options and then we'll see what happens. I am not too worried about it.

''At the moment nothing is certain but I am in good spirits.''

Auto Motor Und Sport contends that a return to Williams, Montoya's first home in F1 between 2001-2004, could be an option. The magazine says Frank Williams, yet to take up a several million dollar 'option' on Mark Webber's contract, might be reluctant to cough up the Australian's scheduled pay-hike.

Source: F1-Live.com

New speculation is linking Anthony Davidson with a Super Aguri race drive in 2007.

The long-time tester was rumoured last winter as being in the running for a seat at the fledgling Japanese team, but - despite his solid connections with satellite squad Aguri's engine supplier Honda - they ultimately went to the season opener with Takuma Sato alongside Yuji Ide.

In the background, however, a future berth has always seemed a possibility, and new reports originating from Holland and Britain now suggest that the diminutive 27-year-old from England is still in with a shout.

Racer magazine's report cited the information of 'senior Honda sources', and the realisation by Aguri chiefs that the highly-experienced and rated Davidson would be an asset.

Super Aguri, too, will be a more attractive proposition for Davidson - who has started just three Grand Prix and is presently Honda's 'Friday' driver - as it intends to run the same engine, gearbox and systems as the works camp.

''I'm sure that eventually he will get to race somewhere,'' Honda's sporting director Gil de Ferran said.

Source: F1live.com

Hmm maybe Aguri san is coming to his senses :eusa_think: Though he might as well get Narain with his Williams experience :P He'll actually pay for the drive,and he can't be any worse than Davidson.

i do have concrete "Inside info" that narain is looking desperately for a race seat

and could even get Arcelor-Mittal as one of his sponsors...

Hmm maybe Aguri san is coming to his senses :eusa_think: Though he might as well get Narain with his Williams experience :P He'll actually pay for the drive,and he can't be any worse than Davidson.
10 days of "testing"

(3000 km)...

compared to Ad's long association with Honda....

I have heard too much lousy 'inside info' in India (and from grandprix.com).

It's not as if Aguris are going to set the track afire anyway.

Better than the Midland jokers, at least Aguri didn't make the team to show a profit.

I wish Carlin had got a place on the grid though, that would have been perfect :(

I have heard too much lousy 'inside info' in India (and from grandprix.com).

perhaps a tactic of his management and sponsors to keep the interest going...

Williams drivers Mark Webber and Nico Rosberg are likely to stay at the British team. Williams' technical director said the team was keen on keeping the pair for another season.

"The driver decision will be Frank's, but the most likely thing is to continue with the two drivers we have for next year," Sam Michael told Autosport.com. "All the options are in Williams' favour as things go. Frank will make his choice when the time is right. I can't see anything else he'd do."

Source: F1racing.net

i do have concrete "Inside info" that narain is looking desperately for a race seat

and could even get Arcelor-Mittal as one of his sponsors...

10 days of "testing"

(3000 km)...

compared to Ad's long association with Honda....

you guys should forget about Narain making a comeback. Average drivers don;t get second chances. I have been a fan of narain since his formula asia days, and myself would love to have an indian on the grid, but I think his is well past his F1 peak.....as much as I like narain, I love F1 more, I rather have a good driver earning his seat than watch an average driver buy his drive, mediocrity is depressing the last 6 cars on the grid...

They do if they have lots of money. The way I see it is, I would love to have a grid completely devoid of pay drivers / publicity drivers. However if it's not going to betaht way, it might as well be Narain rather than Scott Speed or Monteiro.

Jun.29 (GMM) Just as Mark Webber's future in F1 seemed certain, new speculation has cast doubt on the identity of his home for next year.

Outwardly, the Australian appears content to stay at Williams and - according to the team's technical director Sam Michael - on the verge of having his 2007 'option' activated by boss Sir Frank Williams.

The 'option', including a pay rise, expires in August, amid rumours that Renault, McLaren, Toyota and Red Bull might be interested in him.

''It is Frank's decision and he is the one who makes the final call,'' Michael - indicating that the team's current lineup is likely to remain unchanged - was quoted as saying by the Herald Sun.

However, the Spanish 'AS' newspaper is telling a somewhat different tale.

It reports that, in Webber-manager Flavio Briatore's negotiations over customer engines next year, both the 29-year-old Williams man and Renault test driver Heikki Kovalainen were promised as part of a deal with Red Bull Racing.

http://www.formula-1.updatesport.com/news/...-tale/view.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you can now add Webber to the rumour list for McLaren, Toyota and Red Bull

This whole Webber to Red Bull thing has really come out of left field. I just can't see where both Mark AND Heikki both fit into the Red Bull squad. Apparently the whole Mark to RBR thing stems from a rumour about JPM returning to Williams.

I still think it'll be Heikki at RBR alongside DC with Renault engines and STR having the same drivers with Ferrari engines, Mark remaining at Williams, Raikkonen joining Renault, BMW Sauber and Ferrari retaining their current line up and JPM leaves F1.

There is one and only one announcement I'm waiting for. The rest will all be academic if they don't affect that one announcement I'm waiting for.

There is one and only one announcement I'm waiting for. The rest will all be academic if they don't affect that one announcement I'm waiting for.

There are 2 things i want to happen for me to be happy.

1. Coulthard sign with Red Bull for 2007

2. Montoya doesnt sign with Red Bull for 2007

There are 2 things i want to happen for me to be happy.

1. Coulthard sign with Red Bull for 2007

2. Montoya doesnt sign with Red Bull for 2007

I see both of those happening.

I hope only the first one happens. I really do not like Montoya.

What I meant was that I see DC being signed by RBR and JPM NOT being signed by RBR.

What I meant was that I see DC being signed by RBR and JPM NOT being signed by RBR.

From the media reports it looks like Christian Horner is happy with DC and will sign him next year.