Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market

I have heard a rumor that JV will be sitting (in hi baggy race uniform) right next to Montoya so that the 2 of them can figure out how to race in nascar. I am sure they can fit a second seat in those cars.

And the two of them combined would still weigh less than most NASCAR drivers so no weight penalty!

are u talking about the alleged $5 million rumour.... (seeing that ur math isnt the greatest ....

let me explain )

that makes it 18+5(23 million $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) that was 23 "$$$"

Now tell me who is the "best paid guy"

perhaps Kimi comes 3rd (behind Ms and Fa )

any way that is not his major concern.... winning the title is...

Well the most expensive driver of all time was of course Narain Karthikeyan. Reports suggested that his drive cost his sponsors in the neighborhood of $30,000,000 (paid to the team to suffer his ineptitude) although I had heard a substantially higher figure on this forum.

Back on the topic at hand, anyone want to put forward any new rumours or changes with the announcement of Williams? Other than crossing off those linked to Williams and the two Williams drivers being linked elsewhere. (Trulli going to red too)

Back on the topic at hand, anyone want to put forward any new rumours or changes with the announcement of Williams? Other than crossing off those linked to Williams and the two Williams drivers being linked elsewhere. (Trulli going to red too)
HK to renault..... (briatore hints at the Hungarian GP)

MW to RBR

JV signed a pre contract at nascar(i.e if he doesnt have a ride for '07 in f1 then he goes there,gp.com)

(none are new rumours ,just the latest versions... :P )

Albers has been offered a drive at Super Aguri (F1racing.net), hopefully they'll be accurate about Aguri. Or maybe just posturing with Midland?

As Ashwin said, Grandprix.com are reporting that JV has signed a pre contract with a NASCAR team, no mention of who, dependant on him not racing in F1. It says the deal means he'll race in Busch series in '07 and the Nextel Cup in '08. To the NASCAR fans out there, what is the Busch series?? Is it some sort of feeder series or something??

David Coulthard will have his contract extended, but the future of Red Bull team-mate Christian Klien is still far from secure.

That was the message delivered to the press in Hungary as the energy drink-owned team's boss, Dietrich Mateschitz, made a rare appearance in the pit lane.

"David Coulthard will be there (in 2007)," the Austrian billionaire claimed. "The contract is only a formality."

The fate of Mateschitz's 23-year-old countryman Klien, however, appears far less rosy.

The 'almost independent' paddock magazine Red Bulletin last weekend predicted a move to an American series at the end of the year, and Mateschitz suggested that Klien has 'stopped making progress' after three years on the grid.

Mark Webber is likely to replace him for 2007, paddock speculation suggests.

Asked if Klien's heritage might save him, Mateschitz said: "We cannot make decisions on the basis of nationality. We have to have the best people we can get."

E.A.

Source GMM

Asked if Klien's heritage might save him, Mateschitz said: "We cannot make decisions on the basis of nationality. We have to have the best people we can get."

:lmavfa: Amazing, did he manage to say that with a straight face?

:lmavfa: Amazing, did he manage to say that with a straight face?

I think Mateschitz has relised that in F1 to be a top team you can make no comprimises!

Albers has been offered a drive at Super Aguri (F1racing.net), hopefully they'll be accurate about Aguri. Or maybe just posturing with Midland?

I didnt know he was japanese.

Actually thats exactly how it should be every car maker should be obligated to get driver with citizenship from the country of the car maker.

The one thing I hate about Ferrari is that they will not hire and italian race driver, at least they have not in a long time.

Actually thats exactly how it should be every car maker should be obligated to get driver with citizenship from the country of the car maker.

The one thing I hate about Ferrari is that they will not hire and italian race driver, at least they have not in a long time.

A1GP anyone ;)

Well, that's one way of destroying a series, I suppose.

Webber Reveals He Duped Williams – And The Press

Written by: Adam Cooper RACER Magazine

Budapest, Hungary – 8/8/2006 Webber keeps a straight poker face... (LAT Photo)

Mark Webber has revealed that he in effect used the media to help escape from the clutches of Frank Williams.

As previously reported, Williams had an option on Webber that expired on Monday July 31, the day after the German GP. Because terms were agreed two years ago, when the team still had BMW engines, it was assumed that by now Mark would have won several races and been much in demand. Thus there was a salary hike for years three and four, said to involve as much as $8m.

Because of the changed circumstances at Williams the scenario that appeared to be unfolding was that Frank would let the option lapse and then renegotiate as of August 1. Mark went out his way to make the world believe that he was happy to go along with that, despite the obvious financial loss to himself and manager Flavio Briatore.

On Saturday in Hockenheim he told a group of journalists, including SPEEDtv.com: "I think it will go on for a few weeks after Monday. It’s a new ball game from Monday. If Frank doesn’t take the option up obviously he hasn’t done it, but we’re still firmly talking. We’re still trying to make it work here. I think a lot is still going on the next few weeks.

"We understand the situation the team is in. I think he wants to take it up, but it’s a different situation. The original plan is not going to work, so we have to work something out. We did basically a four-year deal, and Monday is the day where we say yes or no. I stress we are trying bloody hard to make it work, and there’s a good chance that we will."

Since Webber is a highly respected individual the media naturally took that at face value, but in fact on August 1 he informed a frustrated Williams that he had other plans, which is when Alex Wurz got his chance.

The Aussie was confirmed as a Red Bull driver yesterday, although apparently he’ll still earn rather than less than $8m over the two years of his deal.

He has now told Reuters: "It was before Hockenheim I knew I would be going to Red Bull. Flavio gave me the minimum I could expect and I knew he would look after me and he's a man of his word. When Red Bull came for me they came pretty hard to the finish line and to tell you the truth I'm delighted to be with them."

In other words everything he told the media in Hockenheim was presumably part of a strategy to avoid the Red Bull story getting out before the Williams option ran out.

While journalists are used to being deliberately misled by team principals and other F1 luminaries, and regularly have to sift fact from fiction, it is disappointing that a driver of Webber’s high standing appears to have used the media in such a calculated and cynical way.

He may well now find that he has lost some credibility among folk who had previously championed his cause.

speed tv :rolleyes2: rolleyes2:

'The car will be competitive, with a strong engine and backed by a solid budget.'

webber

:eusa_think:

so they will use renault engnes...

The Ferrari engine is stronger, or at least equally strong, how on earth are you reading that into it?

I heard a rumour that Newey wants the Renault engine becuase it is easier to cool than the Ferrari engine which means he can be more agressive with his areo designs. This is just a romour but if it is true it would certainly explain why Red Bull want Renault engines.