Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market

It's bulls##t, Ferrari recently introduced new rear bodywork including the engine cover. It is a work of art and extremely compact, one of the best if not the best on the grid. There are no cooling problems with the Ferrari engine.

It's bulls##t, Ferrari recently introduced new rear bodywork including the engine cover. It is a work of art and extremely compact, one of the best if not the best on the grid. There are no cooling problems with the Ferrari engine.

Both Renault and Ferrari want their engines in the back of the Red Bull next year. Ferrari really want a Ferrari engine powering a Adrian Newey designed car as it has never happened before but Renault are keen to see their engines in the back of the Red Bull because it would be a massive boost for the Renault brand for Red Bull to say that the Renault is the better engine.

Ferrari already have their engines in the back of the Red Bull next year. Everything else is mere speculation. Autosprint recently said that Ferrari have the best engine on the grid.

Both Renault and Ferrari want their engines in the back of the Red Bull next year. Ferrari really want a Ferrari engine powering a Adrian Newey designed car as it has never happened before but Renault are keen to see their engines in the back of the Red Bull because it would be a massive boost for the Renault brand for Red Bull to say that the Renault is the better engine.

Maybe true, but my guess is that Ferrari only wants to make money so that the money can go in developing even a better car.

Just imagine what would happen if RBR ( using Ferrari engine ) would be faster than a Ferrari???

The whole world would be laughing.

I know i would. ;);)

Ferrari already have their engines in the back of the Red Bull next year. Everything else is mere speculation. Autosprint recently said that Ferrari have the best engine on the grid.

There is still a very real possibility that the Ferrari engine contract will be handed off to STR and RBR will take the Renault engine. Im eagerly awaiting futher reports on the Red Bull engine issue for 2007.

Maybe true, but my guess is that Ferrari only wants to make money so that the money can go in developing even a better car.

Ferrai have got a engine contract with the Red Bull cooperation for next year so they are being paid the same amount even if the Ferrari engine is in a STR. Ferrari however want their engine in the Red Bull Racing car because it will be faster than the STR which is good for their image.

Well so far we have...

Honda

Jenson v Rubens

Red Bull

Webber v DC

Williams

Rosberg Jnr v Wurz

Toyota

R Schumacher v Trulli

Mclaren

Alonso v ? (paffet/hamilton)

Renault

Fizzycola v ? (Heikki/Kimi)

BMW Sauber

Heidfeld v ? (Kubica)

Super Aguri

Sato v ? (Davidson/Yamamoto)

Ferrari

? v ? (MS/FM/KR)

Toro Rosso

? v ? (Liuzzi/Speed)

Midland

I DONT CARE!

A. Newey wants Renault engines and I assume that guy knows what he wants.

A. Newey wants Renault engines and I assume that guy knows what he wants.

Unless RBR wants to pay for Ferrari engines they're not going to use, they are stuck with Ferrari power for next year whatever Newey wants.

Unless RBR wants to pay for Ferrari engines they're not going to use, they are stuck with Ferrari power for next year whatever Newey wants.

They can simply give the Ferrari engines to STR and then Red Bull would be free to use Renault engines.

They can simply give the Ferrari engines to STR and then Red Bull would be free to use Renault engines.

You would think so but Jean Todt has made it crystal clear that this is not allowed for in the contract and that Ferrari are not willing to compromise on the issue. I'm sure something could be worked out but you can count on it costing RBR/STR dearly.

Webber coy on Red Bull power

Wednesday, 09, August, 2006, 17:08

New Red Bull signing Mark Webber claims that he doesn’t know whether his Adrian Newey-designed RB3 will be powered by a Renault or Ferrari engine in 2007.

The 29-year-old insists that Red Bull has yet to finalise its plans for next year despite having a agreed three-year engine-supply contract with Ferrari in 2005.

Red Bull is believed to have suffered packaging problems with the Italian 2.4-litre V8 unit and Newey is thought to be keen on a switch to the French engine. Jean Todt recently dismissed the possibility of cancelling the deal.

Asked which engine he expected to be driving, Webber told ITV-F1.com: “That is something which is actually not resolved.

“It’s going to be one or the other…”

Webber is managed by Renault team principal Flavio Briatore and GP2 Series boss Bruno Michel – and the Australian’s move to Red Bull from Williams has inevitably led to speculation that he will bring with him a brace of Renault V8s.

But Webber claims his deal was done without knowing which engine Red Bull plans to use.

“The answer is pretty clear,” he said. “Red Bull have signed me before the engine deal is done.

“I have been told it’s not done – the guys high up in Red Bull might know what is going to happen, but at the moment I think both engines are very strong and we have just got to come to a solution now about who is going to have what.”

Webber would not be drawn on which of the grand prix-winning engines he would prefer, adding that he expected both to be competitive.

“It’s impossible to say [which is better],” he said.

“They are both reliable, they are both powerful. You have just got lots of other detail things which people like Adrian [Newey] are very interested in.

“He’s obviously got lots of information having worked with the Ferrari engine, which I haven’t, and obviously he has got some Renault people that know how the Renault one works.”

itv-f1

MARK WEBBER EXCLUSIVE

So in the end, despite being linked to drives with Renault, McLaren and Williams, Mark Webber chose Red Bull for 2007.

In many ways a return to his spiritual home, for after all Red Bull Racing was born out of the remains of Jaguar two years ago when Ford sold the team to Austrian billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz.

It was the place where Webber built his reputation as a fast qualifier, hard racer and above all, a team-builder.

Now having scotched the opportunity to stay with Williams and a works Toyota engine deal for next year, Webber explains to ITV-F1.com’s Simon Strang why Red Bull is his best shot yet at the big time.

ITV-F1.com: So Red Bull, that wasn’t what we were expecting…

Mark Webber: It all happened pretty quickly in the end. But I’m really excited because I think they are putting some good things in place and I’m looking forward to seeing how they unfold.

It’s going to be an exciting season next year.

ITV-F1.com: If you’re honest was it your first choice for next year?

MW: In the end Renault wasn’t really a position for me.

Actually we worked very hard to make the Williams thing happen to be honest, because we knew that we probably had to make a decision with Frank [Williams] right up until that date.

Fortunately enough Frank wanted to change a few things which gave us a bit more time to wait – while we also were waiting for the whole Michael Schumacher/Kimi Raikkonen scenario to play out.

Then we said we would like a bit more time, but Frank wasn’t too keen on that so we just said: “Well okay that’s fine, we’ll go and do this then”.

And that’s what we did in the end and I am really excited about it.

Yeah okay Red Bull aren’t going to win a world championship this year whereas Renault are, or at least they’ll finish second. But actually Renault wasn’t really all over me in the end and Red Bull were so that’s why we went there.

ITV-F1.com: Do you think that in the future Red Bull could actually be a better choice for you?

MW: I’m hoping so. I’ve always been very close to the Renault people, the way they go about their racing is superb.

But if you look at how many changes they have had at Red Bull over the last six to eight months I think there is still a lot of settling down to be done there. A lot of good things are coming into place now and Christian Horner is doing a good job with all the guys over there.

You have got some pretty solid operators in the technical team underneath Adrian Newey. It’s exciting for the team and exciting to be part of it.

If I can jump into a solid season next year, do well, and not have average results – it would be nice to have a car that works out really well – I can really build on that.

Then I can look back and say that yes I made a good call.

ITV-F1.com: Have you seen anything of the new car?

MW: No

ITV-F1.com: You must be the best-placed man on the grid to say whether it’s possible to compete as a privateer. Can you do that with Red Bull?

MW: I think that given how the sport is going to change a lot over the next few years – with the engine-freeze going on – there is still going to be development.

The FIA is always trying to put handcuffs on the technical boffins. That’s how it works, whether it be to restrict speeds or whether it’s another agenda.

So the sport will still be driven by the powers and the manufacturers will still be very strong.

But Red Bull is not a Mickey Mouse consortium. It’s a proper, proper organisation and [owner] Mr Mateschitz is determined for it to do well, hence who he is hiring.

I think that this year if we had finished all of our races at Williams we could have had a pretty good year. We were not going to rip houses up, but I don’t think the reliability suffered because we are not with a manufacturer. It’s just that we have had poor reliability and pace.

ITV-F1.com: At Red Bull you will be matched against David Coulthard, who you could argue is your strongest team-mate to date.

MW: Yes exactly. I can’t see at the moment that there is any downside. It’s really exciting.

I don’t know how much driving I am going to do before Christmas but I would say we will be well underway come late January.

ITV-F1.com: With your knowledge of Bridgestones will you have one up on DC?

MW: No I don’t think so because. It’s going to be a fresh start for everyone.

It will change very quickly over the winter compared to what I know this year at Williams.

No-one really knows, except maybe Ferrari, what tyres we are going to use!

ITV-F1.com: We have to ask you about engines? Will it be Ferrari or Renault?

MW: That is something which is actually not resolved. It’s going to be one or the other and yeah…

ITV-F1.com: But obviously people will make the obvious connections between you, Flavio and Renault.

MW: The answer is pretty clear. Red Bull have signed me before the engine deal is done.

I have been told it’s not done – the guys high up in Red Bull might know what is going to happen, but at the moment I think both engines are very strong and we have just got to come to a solution now about who is going to have what.

ITV-F1.com: From where you have been sitting this year, which one seems to have been the better engine?

MW: It’s impossible to say really.

They are both reliable, they are both powerful. You have just got lots of other detail things which people like Adrian are very interested in. He’s obviously got lots of information having worked with the Ferrari engine, which I haven’t, and obviously he has got some Renault people that know how the Renault one works.

ITV-F1.com: Is it like going home for you, because this is essentially the Jaguar team you left to go to Williams isn’t it?

MW: Yeah it is. Obviously there is a lot of change at the top, but a lot of the fellows on the floor I still know and we have a lot of respect for each other.

They walked over hot coals for me when I was there and I tried to do the same for them. I really enjoyed my time at Jaguar and I left the team because it was for sale.

No-one was sure what was going to happen, and then Red Bull came in and saved the team.

That makes it easy for me to sort of slot back in to where I was.

ITV-F1.com: Is there an element of going back and rekindling that momentum you had at Jaguar in 2004?

MW: I hope so. We could be having a totally different conversation if I had a few podiums this year, but we haven’t got those so…

It’s been a very poor season for me, so hopefully this is a fresh start in more ways than one and that’s the good thing about this game – things can change.

This year has been unfortunate, but I feel that things can change in the other direction for me.

Life is reciprocal, things come around again. I’m hoping it will swing back my way.

I’m not saying I’m owed anything, I’m not saying I deserve more than I get. It’s the toughest game that there is and I’m looking forward to proving myself again – as I have this year.

I dropped the ball in Budapest, but that was the first time this year. The Bridgestones were very hard but I will put my hand up for that one.

ITV-F1.com: What went wrong at Williams. What made it impossible to stay?

MW: I just needed a change of scenery. I was really keen to make it work at Williams, but this year has year has been the nail in the coffin.

It’s made it tough to believe things will change, but I might be proved wrong next year. Williams could have a top year.

They have some great individuals there. Frank and Patrick [Head] are great and they know their stuff. But it is still a team that is going to have to go through a lot of learning again next year.

That’s fine, we could be together on the grid the whole of next season, but there is a fair chance I might enjoy my work a bit more now.

Time will tell how inspired this decision has been, but I needed the change.

ITV-F1.com: Red Bull is a team that encourages individuals to be themselves, can we expect beards and ear-rings?

MW: Er no.

They have hired to drive the car and I will go out there and do my best for them. It’s going to be a bit more relaxed, than the tradition of Grove. But every team does run a little differently. McLaren run differently to Ferrari and Renault’s different again.

I never just talk. I’m not like those boxers that say I’ll have a good one then get my lights punched out. I’m genuinely excited.

ITV-F1.com: What do you think you can do with a Red Bull next year?

MW: Well until the cars run you don’t know. None of us have been on the tyres Bridgestones are building for next year.

It’s going to be a good step forward from what Red Bull have achieved this year.

ITV-F1.com: Do you think Adrian Newey really can make all that difference? That one man can turn things around?

MW: No he won’t make all the difference, but he’ll make a good chunk of it. He will inspire the rest of his team with the right vision and direction.

Whether he is great a leader or not I don’t know because I haven’t worked with him.

But he is a genius and it’s good to have him on board.

ITV-F1.com: Can you win next year?

MW: It’s impossible to know. If you have a lucky race maybe, but you can have a really, really good season without winning.

We all want to win, but in the end we’ve only had four winners this year and one those was a lucky one.

They got it all right on the day, which was great for Honda and for Jens, but it’s not like that very often

i think he's just jealous cos button now has his first win so everyone will start pressuring webber to get his

Karthikeyan hopes to stay at Williams

10 August 2006

Williams test driver Narain Karthikeyan hopes he can stay with the WilliamsF1 team for another season. Karthikeyan has been Williams second test driver this season.

Karthikeyan's future in Formula One is uncertain. He will be testing at the end of the season but his future has not been decided yet. "Nobody has contacted me. I don't know anything about it," Karthikeyan said about his future in F1.

He does hope he is able to stay with the team for another season. "I share a good relationship with the team. I think my future lies there. This year everything has been finalised. So let's hope for the best in 2007."

"My greatest target at the moment is to do well in the practice to be held in October and November."

f1racing.net

I'm sure something could be worked out but you can count on it costing RBR/STR dearly.

I think it's common knowledge that RBR want the Renault engine and want to lease off the Ferrari engines to Toro Rosso, so I expect that if push came to shove, Red Bull would just pay whatever Ferrari wants.

I think it's common knowledge that RBR want the Renault engine and want to lease off the Ferrari engines to Toro Rosso, so I expect that if push came to shove, Red Bull would just pay whatever Ferrari wants.

.....or.. RBR will be so called second team and STR will become #1 team....So DC and MW would be driving for STR with Reno engines and RBR will use Ferrari engine with Speed and who knows.

Would be the cheapest way to do it. :D:D:D

Hadn't thought of that. Sounds abit dodgy, but I like it :lol:

Maybe i should send this post to RBR.....who knows maybe i will get a reward for this.... Red Bull drinks for free for the rest of my life. :D:D

.....or.. RBR will be so called second team and STR will become #1 team....So DC and MW would be driving for STR with Reno engines and RBR will use Ferrari engine with Speed and who knows.

Would be the cheapest way to do it. :D:D:D

Ha ha, more ignorance. STR is a separate entity and is part owned by Gerhard Berger, the two teams are not interchangable.

Ha ha, more ignorance.

I think you have a serious issues... You should visit a psychiatrist <_<

STR is a separate entity and is part owned by Gerhard Berger, the two teams are not interchangable.

Read the ****ing posts before posting...

Get some f$%king facts before you post. RBR is a team wholely owned by Red Bull, STR is partl owned by Gerhard Berger, they are distinct entities under the Concorde Agreement and sign their contracts as separate entities.

Get some f$%king facts before you post. RBR is a team wholely owned by Red Bull, STR is partl owned by Gerhard Berger, they are distinct entities under the Concorde Agreement and sign their contracts as separate entities.

I'll say it 1 more time....read the F_cking post. It was meant as a joke.

Dont u know what joke is?? <_<<_<

I read somewhere that Klien isn't getting a seat at either RBR teams next year, think it was in Autosport, did I miss this while I was away?

I'll say it 1 more time....read the F_cking post. It was meant as a joke.

Dont u know what joke is?? <_<<_<

We know what jokes are, you're just Sh#t at making them...