Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Alonso

Alonso  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Classy Guy, or???????

• Alonso is a classy guy
    • Alonso is a ****

Well we've all seen Fernando's antics in and out of the car when he wins, is he a classy winner or just a knob??

*ducks for cover*

He seemed like a really nice guy, but then he won the WDC and I think it's gone to his head. He's definitely changed and I don't think it's for the better.

He seemed like a really nice guy, but then he won the WDC and I think it's gone to his head. He's definitely changed and I don't think it's for the better.

My thoughts.

After finaly seeing his 'victory' dance in full this weekend I'm even more convinced...............

Lets just say i voted for the second option :lol: He is a complete knob, I used to be a bug fan, but he has changed (despite claiming he wouldn't) and now I really dislike him. Probably more than I dislike schu. He's verging on to my dislike of Kimi and Monty whom are my least liked drivers on the grid (and trullitrain too!)

He is a great driver. I don't like the stupid dance on the sidepod, but I won't hold that against him yet. Other then the stupid dancing he seems to be conducting himself professionally.

I don't really know why people have a problem with his celebrations, all sportsmen and women have celebrations especially footballers, but as a person and a sportsman Alonso is one of the worst. He doesnt seem to care much about the fans, and shakes his fist at innocent backmarkers who havent done anything wrong

To me, it is not a bad idea to celebrate in different styles especially to young guns like Alonso.

F1 needs creativity and innovation.

I think he is trying to hint that.

That's my thought.

:)

but his celebrations are so gay! :lol: he just looks like a complete twat and i think it is embarressing to watch him! No, not a fan anymore. At least all MS does is a jump on the podium and goes and makes sure he hugs and congratulates his TEAM for their work.

and no Alonso doesnt seem all that interested in the fans, he says that 1 lap quali is better, well if he cared about the fans he would say the new system is far far better!

What's the matter with you lot? Alonso's unique way of celebrating gives him character, something sorely lacking in the sport. Michael has his leap, let Alonso have his silly dances. As for his WDC changing him, wouldn't it change you? He may act with a little more indifference and seem a bit more aloof but he is a world champion. By virtue of this he has to be a little selfish (think about how Michael was accused of this). His confidence and self belief are at an all time high too and rightly so. This is what is helping him deliver such convincing performances.

Rather than crushing the guy for being an individual, let him be his own man. We're not all staid and conservative human beings, we're all different.

I liked the matador posturing. Once. The rest of it is pretty cringe-worthy.

I voted knob. A very talented and fast knob, but knob nonetheless...

In defense of Alonso all I can say is this: If any of us had just beaten MS in a straight fight, wouldn't we be feeling like doing a stupid little dance too? :eusa_think:

He still much better than MS.....I rather see him wining the title than MS.

Alonso is just 24 years old so it's norml that's he let talent go to his head. Eventhough saying that, I don't like very much, so he's definently a knob to me.

However I prefer to see MS win and not see FA on the podium at all. Just because he looks likes family died or something when comes in 2nd or 3rd. Well that's how it is so far this year.

Although i take nothing you say seriously, i still can't help responding to such stupidity. How is Alonso 'much better' than MS?

Plus, Pumpdoc, you dissapoint me. As one of the people here whose opinion i value, i find it hard to believe that you post a thread so titled.

these are my thoughts exactly - no point me posting them too may as well just steal yours :blush:

unlike many of you i have nothing against him for his celebratory dancing (or whatever it is) as already pointed out if i beat MS (hmmmm) id feel like dancing too!! and also if i became the youngest ever F1 champion id probably be a c#cky wee brat too but it just seems such a pity when he seemed so down to earth before!!

i also think hes going to win the championship again this year so imagine just how obnoxious he might become next year :blink:

unlike many of you i have nothing against him for his celebratory dancing (or whatever it is) as already pointed out if i beat MS (hmmmm) id feel like dancing too!! and also if i became the youngest ever F1 champion id probably be a c#cky wee brat too but it just seems such a pity when he seemed so down to earth before!!

i also think hes going to win the championship again this year so imagine just how obnoxious he might become next year :blink:

Absolutely agree

these are my thoughts exactly - no point me posting them too may as well just steal yours :blush:

Glad I'm not the only one with those thoughts. I don't think he'll get any worse though; maybe it's a kid in the candy store kind of thing. I think it'll wear off and he'll calm down. At the moment he's on a high, understandably.

Although i take nothing you say seriously, i still can't help responding to such stupidity. How is Alonso 'much better' than MS?

Plus, Pumpdoc, you dissapoint me. As one of the people here whose opinion i value, i find it hard to believe that you post a thread so titled.

Yeah i know it's out of place for me, but I had to start a thread on something more than the latest JV rumour/ news and to be honest anyone knows what I've felt about Fernando's demeanor, it's just not F1 he acts like drivers in lessor series and sure schumi has the fist pump and his leap but he's done that from the begining.

Fernando's antics border on clownish unbefit a WDC, like I've said this not only my opinion, but many others and when people that applaud the antics of a Tony Stewart and Hellio C. N. and then make fun of FA that's saying something.

However I prefer to see MS win and not see FA on the podium at all. Just because he looks likes family died or something when comes in 2nd or 3rd. Well that's how it is so far this year.

Have you seen MS face when he's 2nd or 3rd??? Even worse than FA! :D

I don't mind Alonso. Winning the F1 WDC is going to change anyone's way of life, if he has to be a little arrogant to adapt, so be it, it's not having an effect on what counts most, his performances on track. His arrogance is justified to an extent and when he performs as well as he has been performing, then he can get away with it in my eyes.

As for his post race antics, who the heck cares? Let him do what he wants. Would you rather prefer he just get out of the car stone faced, shake hands with the dignatries stone faced, perform post race interviews stone faced, showing no emotion, come on, get a grip.

The one criticism I have of Alonso is his fist waving antics, now that is more annoying that anything he has done post race.

I don't mind Alonso. Winning the F1 WDC is going to change anyone's way of life, if he has to be a little arrogant to adapt, so be it, it's not having an effect on what counts most, his performances on track. His arrogance is justified to an extent and when he performs as well as he has been performing, then he can get away with it in my eyes.

As for his post race antics, who the heck cares? Let him do what he wants. Would you rather prefer he just get out of the car stone faced, shake hands with the dignatries stone faced, perform post race interviews stone faced, showing no emotion, come on, get a grip.

The one criticism I have of Alonso is his fist waving antics, now that is more annoying that anything he has done post race.

I much prefer Mika Hakkinen's attitude. After being 'Shuey chopped' on many occasions, he simply goes on about the business of spanking Herr Schumacher on-track and 'talking' to him afterwards, out of the earshot of the press. Mika also harbored no ill will towards MS for any of the maestro's other .... um....questionable tactics. That is class, my friends, that is class.

I agree. But if I was Tiago Monteiro I would have confronted Alonso and said "Don't you dare ever swerve across me shaking your fist ever again you psycho"

No, all the drivers know that you accord respect to a WDC, and for the race leader. Looked at in perspective, Tiago did need get off the racing line, especially on the straight.