Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

The Best Drivers In The Rain????

The Best Drivers In The Rain????  

69 members have voted

1. 1. After Schumi who is the best wet weather racer

• Alonso
    • Raikonnen
    • Montoya
    • Coulthard
    • Barrichello
    • Button
    • Fisico
    • Webbo
    • 'Other' (please state below)

Alonso drove well in the wet race last season in a difficult to drive Renault, so he gets my vote.

What wet race was that?? The only wet race involving alonso that I can remember was brazil 03, when he smashed into webbers car

What wet race was that?? The only wet race involving alonso that I can remember was brazil 03, when he smashed into webbers car

Well he actually smashed into a peice of Webber's car. As i recall it was a tyre.

i want the river to reaapear in brazil this year! that will be fun :)

:blink: Heaven forbid Ben, we should not pose such challenges to the Michelin teams, they find it hard enough to ifnd a tyre to work on a dry track.

:blink: Heaven forbid Ben, we should not pose such challenges to the Michelin teams, they find it hard enough to ifnd a tyre to work on a dry track.

hey it was the michelins holding up better, it even caught Shumie on the bridgestones out.... Man, he looked p**sed off and embarrased after his little go-off...

:lol: cav if im not mistaken, Michelin has been the superior tyre now for 2 seasons!

:lol: cav if im not mistaken, Michelin has been the superior tyre now for 2 seasons!

Except when it decides to blow up ;)

Ha, funny though how Bridgestone needed all the michelin teams to not race to win one last year!

Spa last year... Fisi struggled all race until hitting the wall. Alonso finished 2nd behind the untouchably quick Mclaren and even beat the most over rated driver, and aparent wet genious Button. THERE!

Fisi struggled all race until hitting the wall.

*thud* Thats your credibility crashing into the ground. Please look up what Fisi was doing in that race before that crash, then ome back and talk.

again and again, research!

Alonso was doing an extraordinary race, he didnt smashed webbers car, he hit a tyre that was at the middle of the track before webber

again and again, research!

Alonso was doing an extraordinary race, he didnt smashed webbers car, he hit a tyre that was at the middle of the track before webber

that incident looked pretty stupid, he went bang, right into the tyre!!!! heheheheheh

:furious::sf1:

Well i think we can safely say that the poll results are way out. Button and Alonso are far superior in the wet. They are clearly the best in the wet and im hoping for a wet suzuka and brazil so we can see these two work their magic once again and for both not to retire so we can see them battle as they should!

Massa is embaressingly bad however in the wet! :lol:

Well i think we can safely say that the poll results are way out. Button and Alonso are far superior in the wet. They are clearly the best in the wet and im hoping for a wet suzuka and brazil so we can see these two work their magic once again and for both not to retire so we can see them battle as they should!

Massa is embaressingly bad however in the wet! :lol:

Not just yet, I think due to the Bridgestone, Michelin factors, its been hard to judge the true ability of the drivers in the wet over the past few years. The wet races next year should be able to give us a clear picture on who is a rain master for the next generation. Only Rubens and Schumacher have proven wet mastery in the current crop (pre tyre war performances). One race in Hungary doesn't make you a rain master, Only a michelin driver..

I think back to Spain 96 or Spa 95 and believe that these were Michael's finest hours. Up until roughly 2002 i would have believed that Michael was untouchable in the rain. But the others have caught up. I think that Rubens, Kimi and Fisi in particular are Michael's equal in the rain. Perhaps this is a true measure of someone's peak performance. Based on this i would say that as a driver, Michael probably peaked in 2002. Now, he is merely very good in the wet.

yeap i remember it was spa in 95...Schuey from 16th to 1st but also Hill has beat MS in wet like Suzuka 95, Brazil 96.

I would say from drivers on the grid it is FA, KR and JB....In these days they could easily be as fast as Schuey...

*thud* Thats your credibility crashing into the ground. Please look up what Fisi was doing in that race before that crash, then ome back and talk.

From memory he was busy falling backwards.

One race in Hungary doesn't make you a rain master, Only a michelin driver..

But he was a hell of a lot better than most of the other michelin drivers

Since I have noticed Webbo is joint first, I don't seem to remember ever seeing him driver excellently in the wet? can someone provide some details of a wet race he has driven in and how well he did.

Also is Kimi really special in the wet? I must say again I have never really noticed he is better than Button in the wet!

I hope silverstone is wet!

yes! kimi is fantastic in wet too, but some times he may not be able to see a slower car in the front.

Kimi isnt in the same league as alonso and button, he was on the same tyres and yet they were catching him at quite a fast pace.

I think its safe to say that Button and Alonso rule the roost when it comes too driving in the wet.

But he was a hell of a lot better than most of the other michelin drivers

Most of the other Michelin drivers all had various kinds of problems that race which prevented them challenging for victory.