Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

The Best Drivers In The Rain????

The Best Drivers In The Rain????  

69 members have voted

1. 1. After Schumi who is the best wet weather racer

• Alonso
    • Raikonnen
    • Montoya
    • Coulthard
    • Barrichello
    • Button
    • Fisico
    • Webbo
    • 'Other' (please state below)

oh for christs sake ykick no one gives a toss on your view of why JB won in Hingary! Why cant you just be happy for sum1 for once.

oh for christs sake ykick no one gives a toss on your view of why JB won in Hingary! Why cant you just be happy for sum1 for once.

Im happy. I just dont like Button. But im still happy.

Most of the other Michelin drivers all had various kinds of problems that race which prevented them challenging for victory.

My comment was that JB was a hell of a lot better than most of the other michelin runners. My opinion was that he was actually better than ALL the michelin runners that day, but I know there will be some who feel that alonso was just as good.

Alonso was excellent until the track started to dry slightly, he then lost pace. This is where Jenson really exceeds, not only was he just as good in the full on wet, he was the quickest on the track when his inters started to wear down com,pletely yet he was still the fastes. His management of his tyres in the wet and drying circuit is unreal! Alonso is excellent in the wet but when it comes to a drying trak, much like schumacher, button leads the way. he did it in spa last year too dont forget so i have backup to my claims butto n is the greatest on a drying track and equal on a wet track with alonso!

Alonso was excellent until the track started to dry slightly, he then lost pace. This is where Jenson really exceeds, not only was he just as good in the full on wet, he was the quickest on the track when his inters started to wear down com,pletely yet he was still the fastes. His management of his tyres in the wet and drying circuit is unreal! Alonso is excellent in the wet but when it comes to a drying trak, much like schumacher, button leads the way. he did it in spa last year too dont forget so i have backup to my claims butto n is the greatest on a drying track and equal on a wet track with alonso!

Your guessing. We dont know the condition of either Alonso's or Button's tyres at the stage when the track was drying and especially in a wet race the condition of your tyres is very important.

I wholeheartedly agree, as do many journalists who have made race reports! When schumacher has done this kind of thing down the years he gets called ranimaster, but when Button does it people like ykick just say he only did it cos of his car and everyone else had problems! Which is rubbish, of course, but not as bad as cavallino who said he only won because Honda suddenly had the 2nd best car on hungary race day, which is even rubbisher

if you remember buttons second pit stop his tyres were pretty awful looking yet he kept the same tyres and was faster than every1 on the circuit at that point. He also in spa used the same set of boots for most of the race and set the 4th fastest time behind the people who moved to dry tyres and was the fastest driver on the track for a lot of the time when it was drying up.

Button is the champion when it comes to drying tracks. Easily!

if you remember buttons second pit stop his tyres were pretty awful looking yet he kept the same tyres and was faster than every1 on the circuit at that point. He also in spa used the same set of boots for most of the race and set the 4th fastest time behind the people who moved to dry tyres and was the fastest driver on the track for a lot of the time when it was drying up.

It doesnt matter how they look and when Button pitted and Honda didnt change his tyres this proved that his current set were working well for him.

:thbup: Yep people can say what they want about that race but the fact is Jenson didnt make a single little mistake all weekend, whilst many of his rivals faltered either by crashing into each other or falling off the road. Although Button had already made great overtaking moves on Massa, Fisi and Schuey before they all started messing up

It doesnt matter how they look and when Button pitted and Honda didnt change his tyres this proved that his current set were working well for him.

It was too early for dries. In the 3rd stop they put dries on and it worked well for them. It was great strategy combined with exceptional driving, you must surely be able to see that

Not just yet, I think due to the Bridgestone, Michelin factors, its been hard to judge the true ability of the drivers in the wet over the past few years.

Yer man has it here. One of the named drivers in the poll is Mark Webber. Now I had placed a bet on Webber getting points in Hungary this year and vividly recall him driving his car backwards for a very short time before going for a jaunt into the countryside.

I do not believe that this was due to any inability to drive in the rain.

But he was a hell of a lot better than most of the other michelin drivers

I agree, I am not taking anything away from Button. The fact is that he drove a brilliant race and he won. But you can make the finishing order of hungary your list of rain masters. I don't think the current breed of drivers have shown enough skill in the rain to claim the title. lets just wait a little more before you call them a master of anything...

I would say Raikkonen if he had a bit more luck... :P

So i couldn't avoid saying Nick, after what I saw in Hungaroring :)

Fisico [ 1 ] ** [2.04%] :rofl:

In all honesty that result wouldn't be much different if we had a poll on the best drivers in the dry!!!! :P

Poor Fisi :(

'Other' (please state below) - too early to say ... too few facts (wet GP) at the moment ...

Ok. Let`s count some.

2000 GER - R`Bar

2003 BRA - G`Fis (+K`Rai)

2004 BEL - K`Rai

2005 BEL - K`Rai (+F`Alo)

2006 HUN - J`But

But Montoya, Coulthard, Webber ? What are wet GPs ?

And yes, i wanna agree with "clay" (post#2) about Ralf`Schum good perf in wet.

Why? he was massively slower than Button and Alonso?!

I don't know, he has just impressed me alot in the rain. If he woudln't have lost concentration in the Hungarian GP, he would've won that for sure. But, it was a tuff pick from Button and Kimi.

Ummm, correction, alonso was chasing him down (as was button) at rapid pace and he wasnt responding. If button finished 30 secs (wudda been 40+ if he had not been conservative at the end to protect his lead) ahead of DLR who was right behind kimi when he crashed then surely that tells you kimi would not have won the race but would have finished at least 30s behind the winner! He certainly has no claim to the soon to be vacant rain maestro throne which is to be shared between JB and alonso!

Kimi is an excellent driver dont get me wrong but his wet weather skills leave much to be desired judging on hungary!

I already voted for Button, but am interested that so many picked Kimi as I never would have picked him. I thought more would go for Alonso though. For me Button got my vote because he's always been brilliant in the wet, putting his car in positions it would never have reached in the dry.

Indeed! I think it was the american gp a few years ago? wasnt he leading in a Sh#tty car until sommin happened? cant quite remember!

Ummm, correction, alonso was chasing him down (as was button) at rapid pace and he wasnt responding. If button finished 30 secs (wudda been 40+ if he had not been conservative at the end to protect his lead) ahead of DLR who was right behind kimi when he crashed then surely that tells you kimi would not have won the race but would have finished at least 30s behind the winner! He certainly has no claim to the soon to be vacant rain maestro throne which is to be shared between JB and alonso!

Kimi is an excellent driver dont get me wrong but his wet weather skills leave much to be desired judging on hungary!

As alot of people have said, that there have been very few races that have taken place in the rain, so it's probably hard to judge. Also, whenever driving in the wet, you really need to have alot of luck. So to really have a good view, there needs to be more wet weather races for a proper decision. But so far, Kimi has impressed me nonetheless.

Just noticed on your sig "The only record that has not been broken is "Most number of GP runs". That will be broken soon :) ", dosent look like it now :naughty: