Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

The Best Drivers In The Rain????

The Best Drivers In The Rain????  

69 members have voted

1. 1. After Schumi who is the best wet weather racer

• Alonso
    • Raikonnen
    • Montoya
    • Coulthard
    • Barrichello
    • Button
    • Fisico
    • Webbo
    • 'Other' (please state below)

Just noticed on your sig "The only record that has not been broken is "Most number of GP runs". That will be broken soon :) ", dosent look like it now :naughty:

:lol:

Why? he was massively slower than Button and Alonso?!

That was just one race, schumi was driving so solw in the rain that I could say that he was not a good driver in wet condition but that's not true, I think we had just a couple of wet races in the last two or three season to make a fear judgement.

As alot of people have said, that there have been very few races that have taken place in the rain, so it's probably hard to judge. Also, whenever driving in the wet, you really need to have alot of luck. So to really have a good view, there needs to be more wet weather races for a proper decision. But so far, Kimi has impressed me nonetheless.

I can't wait to see him in red.

Ummm, correction, alonso was chasing him down (as was button) at rapid pace and he wasnt responding. If button finished 30 secs (wudda been 40+ if he had not been conservative at the end to protect his lead) ahead of DLR who was right behind kimi when he crashed then surely that tells you kimi would not have won the race but would have finished at least 30s behind the winner! He certainly has no claim to the soon to be vacant rain maestro throne which is to be shared between JB and alonso!

Kimi is an excellent driver dont get me wrong but his wet weather skills leave much to be desired judging on hungary!

He had just bad pair of tyres at that moment. With his first tyre set he was very fast, if you remember.

yes he was fast, but once alonso was in cleanish air he was lapping considerably faster than him!

yes he was fast, but once alonso was in cleanish air he was lapping considerably faster than him!

Yes, with that bad pair of tyres. He actually said that, when Toni Vilander asked him.

The fact is, that there is no faster guy in F1, when it comes to pure speed.

Of course, there may be some tiny concentrating problems... :P

i agree i also picked raikkonen whiles buton just average in every department kimi is brillent in all other than consentration pahaps from time to timeand yes i also cnt w8 4 kimi in a car that can finally give him a wdc (or 8 hopfully) cnt help but think that we (MM) let him down he should have been a 2 time world champion already by now but definatly the best driver on the grid atm consistanly out preforming his car but at fairia will get the consentration lapses out of him and i truely belive he will turn out 2 b a amasing driver (even better then he is now!!)

Im not so sure of Raikkonen in the rain after seeing De larosa giving him a driving lesson in Hungary!

I still think M.Schumacher, Alonso, Button are the drivers to watch when the skies open up!

Was it also part of his strategy to crash into a backmarker?

Was it also part of his strategy to crash into a backmarker?

Wez, we all know it was the McLaren than let Kimi down yet again -_- The little distance buzzer that's supposed to warn Kimi when he's too close to the car in front of him malfunctioned!

HOW CAN U THINK THAT KIMI WAS LETING DLR PAST BECAUSE THEY WERE ON DIFF STATAGIES SOS bout caps lock just relised it on n i cnt b arsed 2 rite all that agen

Don't kid yourself my friend, there is no evidence to suggest that kimi was going to let DLR past. Kimi was just struggling for pace, Button and Alonso would have got him easily before the end of the race

it is really difficult to say who is better(between, alonso and button or as i belive its kimi) becasue even though all those drivers were driving on michelins one must remember they were driving different cars! each car(and setup) has its own ways of chewing up tyres, may be thats why alonso wasnt as good when the track dried up(as some members claim).

but if you can compare team mates, jb and rb, i say jb was better in hungary, but back when rb was driving a ferrari, i think he was better than shumi...

barrichello is indeed good in the wet (getting a podium in his stewart in monaco was no easy feat!) but the fact he started 11 places ahead of jenson yet finished behind him, like a minute or so behind just shows jenson is pretty phenomonal in the wet.

The thing is also abbas. The mclaren is slightly better than the Honda, as is the renault so if anyone was lacking in terms of machinery it was jenson!

Hence why imo Jenson is the best in the wet.

barrichello is indeed good in the wet (getting a podium in his stewart in monaco was no easy feat!) but the fact he started 11 places ahead of jenson yet finished behind him, like a minute or so behind just shows jenson is pretty phenomonal in the wet.

The thing is also abbas. The mclaren is slightly better than the Honda, as is the renault so if anyone was lacking in terms of machinery it was jenson!

Hence why imo Jenson is the best in the wet.

all the cars' performance are rated mostly on dry conditions, honda may have got it right for wet. as i say, when you compare jb wit rb, jb was or is better, but dont compare kimi, alonso and jb unless they are driving the same cars, cos as i said it depends on how effectively a car's chassis is able to run on a set of tyres in a given condition. i am not saying jenson isnt good(please dont mistake me). he kept his cool in the rain and drove smoothly to the finish!

after kimi gifted him the race with a lapse of consentration cuz otherwise every1 wud still b talkin bout jenson inabillity 2 win races cu kimi had it in the bag we salute u kimi!!!!!!! n 4 the record kimi is the best in all condoitions

after kimi gifted him the race with a lapse of consentration cuz otherwise every1 wud still b talkin bout jenson inabillity 2 win races cu kimi had it in the bag we salute u kimi!!!!!!! n 4 the record kimi is the best in all condoitions

He will have the chace to prove it next year hopefully he will have planty of testing practices, I also think he is the number one driver expetially now that MS is gone, I hope not to get disappointed, Massa is good but he should be able to beat him right from the start of 2007 if not, it maybe true that takes 1 full year to get used to a new team wich explains why Barichello is trailing Button.

Not really, cos Kimi was struggling and everyone was easily catching him.

He will have the chace to prove it next year hopefully he will have planty of testing practices, I also think he is the number one driver expetially now that MS is gone, I hope not to get disappointed, Massa is good but he should be able to beat him right from the start of 2007 if not, it maybe true that takes 1 full year to get used to a new team wich explains why Barichello is trailing Button.

Or, as Ben pointed out, perhaps Barrichello just simply isnt as good as JB. 'Getting used to the team' is a lame excuse.

Not really, cos Kimi was struggling and everyone was easily catching him.

Or, as Ben pointed out, perhaps Barrichello just simply isnt as good as JB. 'Getting used to the team' is a lame excuse.

its 1 thing to catch him but theve also got 2 pass him aswell witch they mite not have done

its 1 thing to catch him but theve also got 2 pass him aswell witch they mite not have done

Button and Alonso would have easily got Raikkonen. Button had already overtaken Massa, Schumacher and Fisichella so I expect he would've passed Kimi too. Remember that Button finished about 30-40 seconds ahead of de la rosa, who was stuck behind raikkonen before he crashed