Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Can't Drive? Drive For Super Aguri, Then

Aguri Suzuki, the Team Principal of Super Aguri-Honda, has given a fascinating - if baffling - insight into Yuji Ade's shortcomings as a F1 driver.

Ide lost his seat with the team following a series of catastrophic drives that culminated in the FIA requesting his immediate demotion.

Speaking to F1-Racing magazine, Suzuki explained just why F1 was such a struggle for the Japanese rookie:

"He didn't know the circuits; he'd run just 200km in an F1 car before Bahrain - that was tough. He didn't know how to drive an F1 car. He didn't know how to load-up the tyres."

And Ide's problems didn't just end with his inability to drive the car.

"He doesn't speak English. On the pit-to-car radio I had to translate. That was very awkward for him and his race engineer. In the practice sessions on Friday and Saturday I had to ask, "Yuji, what do you need now?" And, because he's so inexperienced in F1, even I found his answers, given in Japanese, hard to understand."

All of which begs one simple question: given Ide's obvious unsuitability to F1, why did Super Aguri-Honda employ him?

----------------------------------

This is very very frightening news

Aguri Suzuki, the Team Principal of Super Aguri-Honda, has given a fascinating - if baffling - insight into Yuji Ade's shortcomings as a F1 driver.

Ide lost his seat with the team following a series of catastrophic drives that culminated in the FIA requesting his immediate demotion.

Speaking to F1-Racing magazine, Suzuki explained just why F1 was such a struggle for the Japanese rookie:

"He didn't know the circuits; he'd run just 200km in an F1 car before Bahrain - that was tough. He didn't know how to drive an F1 car. He didn't know how to load-up the tyres."

And Ide's problems didn't just end with his inability to drive the car.

"He doesn't speak English. On the pit-to-car radio I had to translate. That was very awkward for him and his race engineer. In the practice sessions on Friday and Saturday I had to ask, "Yuji, what do you need now?" And, because he's so inexperienced in F1, even I found his answers, given in Japanese, hard to understand."

All of which begs one simple question: given Ide's obvious unsuitability to F1, why did Super Aguri-Honda employ him?

----------------------------------

This is very very frightening news

Because he's japanese and he is more likely to attract attention in his own country than ...Franck Montagny

As for a frightening news there have been numerous dangerous drivers (one of the last is also japanese I'll let you guess his name) sometimes attracting sponsors is more important than driving skills. Another paradox of F1..... Nothing new...

Purely to please the people of Japan. Pathetic really isnt it when theres so many up and coming drivers who deserve it a lot more

"up and coming drivers who deserve it a lot more"

Im not sure up and coming drivers with talent deserve to drive the SA cars, they are so old and slow it will only serve to destroy a young ones career.