Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Schumacher Sent To Back Of Grid

Rules in F1 are in big trouble already...I agree that some1 can say that XX driver tried to kill him or hurt him, but I doubt that they will go to extreme.

yes for sure is an extreme example.but its the way things are going!trying to analyze why a driver error occured is not natural is it??Sure it could be exploited as a loophole to create situations like these but how is that going to be decided?Especially if the WDC is involved.The stewarts could end up making world champions as the season progresses.Again rather extreme but possible.And in F1 the slightest detail counts!

yes for sure is an extreme example.but its the way things are going!trying to analyze why a driver error occured is not natural is it??Sure it could be exploited as a loophole to create situations like these but how is that going to be decided?Especially if the WDC is involved.The stewarts could end up making world champions as the season progresses.Again rather extreme but possible.And in F1 the slightest detail counts!

Im sure MS would not get penalty if this "error" would not happen in Monaco.

My question is, why he didnt try to move the car. He would only damage its front wing and could still make it to the pits.

My question is, why he didnt try to move the car. He would only damage its front wing and could still make it to the pits.

because the engine had already stalled by that point? might have something to do with it :rolleyes:

well i don't think anyone would do that!I 'm not sure since the car goes straight to park-ferme if they are allowed to fix it. :eusa_think:

Indeed, in retrospect once he knew his lap was screwed he should have banged into the barrier on the racing line so that the session would be red flagged, but if he broke a wing, at least they wont say he cheated.

because the engine had already stalled by that point? might have something to do with it :rolleyes:

Ok...But was it on purpose? :eusa_think:

Yes and if you actually bother to read the FIA verdict...

What does it say??

Michael's pre Monaco remarks, probably relevent

This is what Micheal had to say on his final interview for monaco GP :

Many in the know describe Monte Carlo as a race that is decided after Saturday's qualifying. This is because overtaking is virtually impossible at Monaco. "It is true: many think that qualifying heavily influences the outcome of the race", concluded Schumacher. "I do not think this is the case. For sure, it can be a disadvantage starting from the back of the grid and we certainly cannot allow a big gap to the leaders. If we avoid this, we can achieve a lot with the right strategy even though we do not start from the top spot. It is crucial to have a good strategy and a fast car.We have a great chance of victory even if we start from third, fourth or fifth.

OK her we go ...so schumi is a great driver... true, however there is a more important point.

Based on his own admissions and on his on track behaviour, many people will have not choice but to conclude that Schumacher is a cheat. end of sentence, end of chapter, end of story!

OK her we go ...so schumi is a great driver... true, however there is a more important point.

Based on his own admissions and on his on track behaviour, many people will have not choice but to conclude that Schumacher is a cheat. end of sentence, end of chapter, end of story!

See this is EXACTLY the problem... you're judging yesterday's incident based on "oh well hes cheated before so he MUST be cheating now" instead of getting the full facts and judging based on THIS incident alone, or giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This would be like the prosecution in a court saying "well mlud the defendant is guilty of petty theft in the past, so in this case we must assume him guilty of murder"

No other driver would get judged so harshly, and the judgement WOULD be based on individual cases, so why is this not so with Schumacher?

See this is EXACTLY the problem... you're judging yesterday's incident based on "oh well hes cheated before so he MUST be cheating now" instead of getting the full facts and judging based on THIS incident alone, or giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This would be like the prosecution in a court saying "well mlud the defendant is guilty of petty theft in the past, so in this case we must assume him guilty of murder"

No other driver would get judged so harshly, and the judgement WOULD be based on individual cases, so why is this not so with Schumacher?

I did not even reference yesterday!!! I simply pointed out that people will quite naturally think certain things of Shu because of " his on track behaviour and his own admissions". In the past both those things proven him to be a cheat so, of course people will think he cheated. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck chances are it is a duck! duh!

Instead of would have won you should say could have won. :D

MS is not the only driver that had to go all the way back and the race and alonso's win is fair just like MS win in Imola or Germany.

Even if the "mistake from MS was not on purpose and was really a driver error the penalty is justified. Many times Ferrari and MS got away with it. So for sure you had to know that someday they will get penalty.

Sadly for them it happened in Monaco.

So drivers can no longer make mistakes? Must all drivers be perfect 100% of the time?

Senna and Prost, 1989 and 1990. End of story. Quit pointing Schumi out for everything.

Theres a lot of drivers out there who have cheated more than Schumacher and who have bent the rules as much. It's because of his name that people remember it. In a 15 year career Schumacher is actually pretty clean when it comes to 'incidents'.

Theres a lot of drivers out there who have cheated more than Schumacher and who have bent the rules as much. It's because of his name that people remember it. In a 15 year career Schumacher is actually pretty clean when it comes to 'incidents'.

94 and 97 season are a huge black marks that cant be cleaned <_<

But, If Schumacher hadnt been punished for this latest trick of his, It would have firstly made a mockery of the Qualifying system, and secondly started a trend that every time a driver was on pole with a few min to go he would just spin "by mistake" and stall in the middle of the track.

I did not even reference yesterday!!! I simply pointed out that people will quite naturally think certain things of Shu because of " his on track behaviour and his own admissions". In the past both those things proven him to be a cheat so, of course people will think he cheated. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck chances are it is a duck! duh!

thank you for making my point for me... when people assume, it is often the wrong assumption that is made. Judge by the individual incident and NOT based on the past.

94 and 97 season are a huge black marks that cant be cleaned <_<

Theres a lot of black marks against a lot of other drivers that are convienently forgotten about. As I've said before, when you're the best driver of all-time it's natural for those below you to find holes and flaws in your career to try bring you down a peg or two.

Schumacher has entertained, dominated, and broke records throughout his career. So he's had some moments to forget, but so have them all. Difference is Schumacher won so people like to remember it. Sad.

Theres a lot of black marks against a lot of other drivers that are convienently forgotten about. As I've said before, when you're the best driver of all-time it's natural for those below you to find holes and flaws in your career to try bring you down a peg or two.

Schumacher has entertained, dominated, and broke records throughout his career. So he's had some moments to forget, but so have them all. Difference is Schumacher won so people like to remember it. Sad.

Lets face it, in a 15 year career there WILL be moments worth forgetting. JV has definately had some, and countless other drivers including Prost, Senna (whos incidents in 89 and 90 are conveniently forgotten by those critiquing Schumacher), Damon Hill etc.

Lets face it, in a 15 year career there WILL be moments worth forgetting. JV has definately had some, and countless other drivers including Prost, Senna (whos incidents in 89 and 90 are conveniently forgotten by those critiquing Schumacher), Damon Hill etc.

good point...

Theres a lot of drivers out there who have cheated more than Schumacher and who have bent the rules as much.
Who? You can't make that accusation and not name names. Who has cheated more than Michael of the current grid? I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but I'm interested to know who you were referring to,

You're right, all drivers in F1 will have screwed up more than once, but the only three that come to mind when you think of deliberately taking people out or events to that extreme are Prost (Suzuka '89), Senna (Suzuka '90) and Michael ('94 and '97). You mentioned JV, Hill etc, whilst both have had a few very stupid and well, dumb moments in F1, I don't recall them ever taking anybody out on purpose.

Who? You can't make that accusation and not name names. Who has cheated more than Michael of the current grid? I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but I'm interested to know who you were referring to,

You're right, all drivers in F1 will have screwed up more than once, but the only three that come to mind when you think of deliberately taking people out or events to that extreme are Prost (Suzuka '89), Senna (Suzuka '90) and Michael ('94 and '97). You mentioned JV, Hill etc, whilst both have had a few very stupid and well, dumb moments in F1, I don't recall them ever taking anybody out on purpose.

Yeah, when did Hill cheat exactly?

And before you say silverstone 95, I dont think that counts as premeditated or as cheating.