Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loser Boy

In Hindsight:- What Could Have Been

Looking at the brute pace of MS & His car, I think even if he had started from 2nd or 3rd , he would have blown away FA.

Well, now things are simple. MS has to win next 11 races. FA finishes 2nd in all of them. MS Champ by 1 point. Tight, as everyone predicted.

Looking at the brute pace of MS & His car, I think even if he had started from 2nd or 3rd , he would have blown away FA.

Passing FA, KR, JPM in Monaco is not easy job.

Well, now things are simple. MS has to win next 11 races. FA finishes 2nd in all of them. MS Champ by 1 point. Tight, as everyone predicted.

In your dreams :D:D

"Looking at the brute pace of MS & His car, I think even if he had started from 2nd or 3rd , he would have blown away FA"

Seeing as MS was on a one stop while FA was 2 stopping, and MS was the fastest car on the track at the end... thats a very bold statement to make...

Michael set the fastest lap on well worn tyres, I doubt if anyone could have come close today. Its a matter of what would have been, if Alonso 'would' have taken pole yesterday, Michael would have won today. Also now I remember a remark from Michael before Monaco that pole wasn't necessary to win, they could win without getting pole. I don't see any reason to believe what happened yesterday was deliberate.

"Looking at the brute pace of MS & His car, I think even if he had started from 2nd or 3rd , he would have blown away FA"

Seeing as MS was on a one stop while FA was 2 stopping, and MS was the fastest car on the track at the end... thats a very bold statement to make...

1 stop... so that means a heavier car and his pace STILL got him up to 5th. :clap3:

Michael set the fastest lap on well worn tyres, I doubt if anyone could have come close today. Its a matter of what would have been, if Alonso 'would' have taken pole yesterday, Michael would have won today. Also now I remember a remark from Michael before Monaco that pole wasn't necessary to win, they could win without getting pole. I don't see any reason to believe what happened yesterday was deliberate.

Both FA& KR could go faster but there was no need for Alonso to push...MS had to push and tried to get as many points possible.

If MS would be alongside FA on start....FA would also win. MS would finish 2nd. :)

1 stop... so that means a heavier car and his pace STILL got him up to 5th. :clap3:

No SC got him from 15 to 8....the rest was other problems :)

Remember after his pitstop he was in 18 or 19 i think :eusa_think:

Both FA& KR could go faster but there was no need for Alonso to push...MS had to push and tried to get as many points possible.

Err no Renault had to put less fuel in Alonso's car in the first pit stop than Kimi, jsut to get him out ahead, of course the safety car saved him, and then Mercedes did (really the story of last year again isnt it, a faster Kimi let down?). When he desperately needed those fast laps, with tyres used for a mere 20 odd laps and a near empty tank, with a clear track he oculdn't pull off lap times anywhere near what Schumacher did at the end.

Err no Renault had to put less fuel in Alonso's car in the first pit stop than Kimi, jsut to get him out ahead, of course the safety car saved him, and then Mercedes did (really the story of last year again isnt it, a faster Kimi let down?). When he desperately needed those fast laps, with tyres used for a mere 20 odd laps and a near empty tank, with a clear track he oculdn't pull off lap times anywhere near what Schumacher did at the end.

ok...good point. but Would MS pass FA?? I doubt.

And maybe Kimi was the fastest of all and would probably also get the fastest lap but like you say last year story has been repeated.

And maybe Kimi was the fastest of all and would probably also get the fastest lap but like you say last year story has been repeated.

why would MS need to pass FA??He would have been on pole!IF FA would pass him on the start that we ll never know!!

Nop, Kimi wasn't faster either, he also had to push like Alonso did. Besides being faster and unreliable is pointless, it just means you were running the car beyond its limits.

MS could have passed in the pit stops, quite easily.

why would MS need to pass FA??He would have been on pole!IF FA would pass him on the start that we ll never know!!

looking at race starts FA would be in P1 after turn 1. MS probably 2nd or 3rd...

Also...MS would not be on pole if Q would end without that incident :) ....SO you see...many things we will never know :D

If MS would be alongside FA on start....FA would also win. MS would finish 2nd. :)

No SC got him from 15 to 8....the rest was other problems :)

Remember after his pitstop he was in 18 or 19 i think :eusa_think:

if you are thinking Schumi you are wrong, correction Schumi pitted from p-13

looking at race starts FA would be in P1 after turn 1. MS probably 2nd or 3rd...

Also...MS would not be on pole if Q would end without that incident :) ....SO you see...many things we will never know :D

I think he still would have been on Pole, despite Alonso's whinging to the contrary.

you mean could be right??(joke from the other thread :D )all we can do is guess here!!This race is over!Silverstone will be a different story(more or less!!).

Nop, Kimi wasn't faster either, he also had to push like Alonso did. Besides being faster and unreliable is pointless, it just means you were running the car beyond its limits.

MS could have passed in the pit stops, quite easily.

Fastest lap:

1. MS 1:15.143 ( lap 73)

2. KR 1:15.325 ( lap 19 )

Kimi retired and MS made his fastest lap at the end of the race ( low on fuel ) nd I guess Bstone tyres work like charm know.

I might...not sure coz I missed his pitstop and our commentator was talking something else.

And when he came back he was 18 or 19 right?

you mean could be right??(joke from the other thread :D )

Good 1 :clap3::clap3: I remember it :D

Fastest lap:

Kimi retired and MS made his fastest lap at the end of the race ( low on fuel ) nd I guess Bstone tyres work like charm know.

about 6-7 laps from the end, so with a bit of fuel, and Bstone tyres about 35 laps old.

When do you think Kimi made his fastest lap? Yep - with an empty car right before his pit stop, with tyres only about 20 laps old.

Fastest lap:

I might...not sure coz I missed his pitstop and our commentator was talking something else.

And when he came back he was 18 or 19 right?

Good 1 :clap3::clap3: I remember it :D

No if I remember right he did not lose a spot :eusa_think:

about 6-7 laps from the end, so with a bit of fuel, and Bstone tyres about 35 laps old.

When do you think Kimi made his fastest lap? Yep - with an empty car right before his pit stop, with tyres only about 20 laps old.

Which only shows that Bstone tyres can hold the distance Ferrari wants.

Remember KR did fastest lap on the last lap in Australia.

It's also important to remember that Schumi did that fast lap whilst running down Rubens and not in clean air........

No if I remember right he did not lose a spot :eusa_think:

Not sure....Our commentator was to busy talking about Mrs. Eccelstone birthday party at Mr. Briatore boat or ship or whatever he owns. :D

It's also important to remember that Schumi did that fast lap whilst running down Rubens and not in clean air........

Not exactly true... RB still had like 5sec advantage when MS made fastest lap.

Not sure....Our commentator was to busy talking about Mrs. Eccelstone birthday party at Mr. Briatore boat or ship or whatever he owns. :D

Not exactly true... RB still had like 5sec advantage when MS made fastest lap.

I'll give you that one, but he was still quicker in the closing laps, and he did run the fastest 3rd sector whilst on Rubens arse..........he might've passed him if the race went another couple of laps, maybe, I'll reserve judgement till I watch the race, speaking of which it's time to watch it now so see ya boys later B)

Which makes the qualifying tactic even more a sorry episode.

In the end he had the pace anyway. :(

Which makes the qualifying tactic even more a sorry episode.

In the end he had the pace anyway. :(

Don't confuse tactics with mistakes and going into a corner too fast.

Don't confuse tactics with mistakes and going into a corner too fast.

I dont know wich corner that was, but it definatley wasnt rascasse.

(in my opinion)

(and the stewards)

(and most of the other drivers)

(and most of the people who have commented on it here)

The shame is that he is good enough not to have to resort to things like that