Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

D.C and K.R

Ok Kimi sure seems to have the legs on David and I am not sure WHY. D.C sure has the miles under his belt but seems to be unable to offer any challenge to Kimi, who is by far a lot less experienced.

Is D.C being more conservative after that aircraft crash and has lost some of his Fighting nature, although he sure set some blistering laps in the last race !!!

Your thoughts on this !!!

I maintain that DC is (and always has been) overrated, sure he has flashes of brilliance, and they do appear to bee less frequent. But has never been a consistant performer.

I remind you Rod that DC has been in one of the top two teams every year since 1994 except 1996 and 1997, and in 1997 he was in the third best team, Yet he has never remained in the championship fight long after any seasons mid point. If fact I can only think of once when he was in the fight at all, mid 2000. DC is a bridesmaid, always has been, always will be!

If fact I can only think of once when he was in the fight at all, mid 2000.

And of course besides that his best overall finish was in 2001...2nd. However, Schumacher had almost twice as many points than him too.

yes that is how I feel... Strange that he still has his seat. He was never to No.1 when Mika was there and is not No1 now evn though his standing with McLaren would place him that way.

Kimi IS the better of the two no doubt

personal observation; At the EGP the one time I saw

both drivers there was one big diff DC had his handlers

and what not-12/14 people groveling about, KR had aprox

6/8 people mostly eng/team personel and he looked

more relaxed than DC who looked for all the world

to be quite constipated, all laughs aside I figure

DC will have a meltdown soon and go postal

on KR----he's got to be ready to go to war with

Finland----he has that look on his face that Mike

Tyson had the first time he faced Buster Dougles

and lost ..........

well adding fuel to this fire is the latest from Bernie who seems to be suggesting that David MOVE to another team for his own good !!!!!

Pumpdoc, thats probably the best thing I've heard about David Coulthard. Soon I think David will get really frustrated and he'll take all his anger out on Kimi (like you said he'll go postal on him, but a little less extreme). He'll probably become like Villenueve-A washout who can't keep his mouth shut and still thinks he can become a World Champion.

But what I don't get is why Ron Dennis wouldn't want to get rid of David? If he can't produce then you dump him and get someone better.

Now that David has been thoroughly upstaged by his far less experienced teammate, it is time for Ron to pick a new number 2, one that can give Mr. Raikonnen a bigger push. DC has aptly demonstrated an inconsistency that will never win him a WC.

In fact those are the only two things he consistant at. Claiming that he can still do it, and proving to the world, in particular his team-mates (Hill, Hakkinen and Raikkonen), that he cannot.

wow fighting words Nichos but very true.

Isn't it funny when Kimi came on the scene EVERY driver thought that he just BOUGHT the drive!! I for one thought that also with such lack of Track time.. Guess this guy proved everyone WRONG in a big way !!!! :D

Talk has always been how F.W. is such a great

talent spoter R D has nothing to be ashamed of

KR once he has another yr or 2 under his belt

if the car is right will be unbeatable and then

the talk will be how boring the races are 'cuz

KR will be on podiom all the time ala MS :blink::blink:

Well I don't think F1 will be boring in the future, especially with the potential guys like Alonso, Montoya, Button, or Webber have. I think the hunt for number one will hardly be out-weighed by just one driver.

TRue Mark Weber sure has proved his worth, Montoya , well I'm not sure and as for Button ummmmmmm the Brits have their hopes pinned on him but I have a gut feeling he is not up to it Like Kimi is !!!

Alonso sure has potential , my only feelings about Montoya is he IS a racer but maybe he overtaxes his machinery somewhat ??

Being a McLaren fan for years I always hoped DC would achieve well,I thought DC couldn't achieve his potential as a world champion driver, because he was forever in the shadow of a great driver Mika Hakkinen.

However after Mika's sabbatical / retirement and the arrival of Kimi a relative new comer I thought DC would have increased confidence with his position within the McLaren team, Kimi when he joined McLaren seemed to jump into Mika's role!

After DC's only win this season ,at Melbourne, Kimi has been the one for me with to watch at McLaren.Where has DC the Braveheart gone!

Hi Tracy and welcome to the forum. This is from D.C in a recent interview!!

'I don't shout my mouth off or slam the table like Nigel Mansell used to,' said DC. 'Maybe it's time to let it all out?'

Um does that not seem like "Rattled Feathers" ???

Is a shame as I feel David is a winner !! just seems to have lost the edge lately

It is right what Ecclestone said last week,DC should go to another team,before he brokes down

Montoya , well I'm not sure  and as for Button  ummmmmmm  the Brits  have their hopes pinned on him but I have a gut feeling he is not up to it Like Kimi  is !!!

.....my only feelings about Montoya  is he IS a racer but maybe he overtaxes  his machinery somewhat ??

Ah, finally someone has similar feelings on Button to those I have, now I know I am not in a minority of one. And Montoya well again I have to agree. I cannot help feeling he is another Gilles Villeneuve or Jean Alesi, great to watch, invokes a lot of passion in fans, but doesn't quite get the best statisitcal record at the end of the career, however does leave us with a lot of enduring memories.

RD and DC are far to comfortable with each other.

How do you know ?I have nowhere seen that :huh:

Have you not, after years of lackluster seasons the fact DC still has a drive with McLaren must tell you something. And DC is quite content to stay where he is, as to be honest even if Ferrari and Williams were not full, Ferrari can see through DC and Williams did 8 years ago!

I don't think DC may be too confident with his position right now. There was a report, not confirmed by McLaren, that McLaren is trying to capture Montoya away from Williams. If Montoya is lured away, that means Coulthard is out.

yeah well that should SPARK up D.C. that's for sure ...

Shame really as he is a likeable type of guy but this year he has not proven himself at all Apart from some very quick laps, but he dont appear to be able to sustain them !!!

:blink: DC is like a beaten down dog, you just look

at him wierd and he scoots off with his tail twixt

his leeggs ears down going-arkarkarkarkark, :lol:

when people come up behind him and touch his

shoulder he jumps 6 ft in the air thinking it's

Ron with the PINK SLIP. :lol::lol:

DC is so insecure that when his wench says

I love you he thinks she's talking to someone

else behind him. :D

Why just the other day he saw an advert for

HELP WANTED; need a ultra fast driver, able

to get around twisty roads without going off

pay comensurate w/experiance inq. WEST

asap. it was just for a delivery boy !!

Poor DC rumor has it that Monaco is ready

to toss him out so as not to sully the good

name of the Prince !!!

Why just the other day he showed up for fitting

of the seat for next yrs. car and non of the

enginers knew who he was :rolleyes:

Just last week he saw Mika-n-Kimi in driver gear

with Kimi talking in finnish and Mika nodding

his head saying ya ya dats goot we'll place

1-2 at Hockinhiem and I'll make sure that nobody

will know it's me driving, I'll just stand like a

statue and they will think it's DC.hehehehehehe............

Don't you hate to kick a dog when it's down ??????????

NOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::blink:

well what can anyone add to that??

D.C. aint All that bad mate he's just not turned on this year! I guess Kimi has"Ruffled his Feathers , somewhat " :D