Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

X-men The Last Stand *spoilers*

Well I come from a different breed I guess, I've not read the comix so I don't have preconcived notion on the series of films..

******************SPOILERS******************************

Ok this film rocks, the action is good some of the new caractures are also great.

Yeah killing of cyclops was a shock, so what we get Jean back and an evil one at that. Archangel although not a big part is set up for the next movie as is the revelation that 'Magneto" still might have hias powers, so Rouge fans don't despair!!

If you stay thru the credits you already know that proff. X lives and who knows maybe Mystic? might also return.

Vinnie Jones as Juggernaught was a great bit of casting in my book and the way he got 'fooled' brought out a major yeah!!!

My only complaints are the massive dose of caractors that if you hadn't read the comix you would not know, and the picture seemed out of focus at times................I'll give 4/5 stars :thbup:

Yes Storm was very 'fit' in this movie, and yes she had a couple of good fights, she also took over the academy after the demise of Proff. X....................................and she did fly etc......

Yeah, those of us who followed this as kids have preconceived notions...but I can enjoy the movies nonetheless!! I have to say, Cyclops was portrayed as a d!ck and I'll enjoy seeing him wipe.

Well I thought the film was great overall but I have a few issues with it. Firstly I thought the storyline never really worked properly, there was too much going on and I think it was a bit too much action and too little real emotion and I didnt think you could truely bond with any of the characters/truely care about them. I also thought that the film was missing closure. It never seemed complete and left far too many loose ends, such as Magneto still having his power, Charles being in that mans body right right at the end of the credits, so really it was only Jean and Scott that died.

However I thought the effects and fighting scenes were great and I especially loved the part in Jeans house when she killed charles. I also thought the final war bit was cool.

So all in all I would give the film 4/5 or 8/10 but I think Bryan Singer the original director would have made the film better than it was as in X2, that had just one major storyline and was much much more focused!

I'm glad that Cyclops got killed, he was such a poof in the movies.

It was predictable that Xavier wasn't really killed and that Magneto would still retain his powers.

But great fight scenes! It was good to see Iceman doing some cool stuff. Although it would have been good to see more of collossus.

3/5 for me. Good action, but very very predictable.

I'm glad that Cyclops got killed, he was such a poof in the movies.

It was predictable that Xavier wasn't really killed and that Magneto would still retain his powers.

But great fight scenes! It was good to see Iceman doing some cool stuff. Although it would have been good to see more of collossus.

3/5 for me. Good action, but very very predictable.

Which also bodes well for Mystique and Rogue.....................

indeed. But Rogue is useless in the films, she does m head in, shes nothing like she was in the cartoons and comics