Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

The Spaniard Steward Explains....??

How does a 7 time world champion loose control at one of the slowest corners in formula 1???

How does a 7 time world champion loose control at one of the slowest corners in formula 1???

He didnt lose control :D ....

the control can be lost everywhere!!Accidents can happen everywhere right??Anyway i'm just pointing out the words of the people who made the decision.I certainly expected something more serious at least!

the control can be lost everywhere!!Accidents can happen everywhere right??Anyway i'm just pointing out the words of the people who made the decision.I certainly expected something more serious at least!

Yeah...Schumacher should be expelled of the F1 world.... B)

I meant from the FIA :D !If this was about your team and driver would it sound ok?After all this is F1 and the world Championship :blink:

Not expelled but banned for 2 months....

Not expelled but banned for 2 months....

Dont miss the point!!Come on is this a serious statement from one of the three stewarts that made the decision?It's a rather fine line to examine but that statement tells a lot about the way the race stewarts think!And it doesnt look good..

Dont miss the point!!Come on is this a serious statement from one of the three stewarts that made the decision?It's a rather fine line to examine but that statement tells a lot about the way the race stewarts think!And it doesnt look good..

The point is that Schumel Schumi could not come out with a good explanation as to why his car stopped when it did, how it did and why it did, hence he got the penalty

The point is that Schumel Schumi could not come out with a good explanation as to why his car stopped when it did, how it did and why it did, hence he got the penalty

Well Jean Todt said otherwise.And is another thing to judge that same incident again and again and another to criticize the "judges" of the sport.What if the same thing happens to Alonso the next time?An excuse(from FIA) like this one would be enough?Especially if it contradicts in 5 sentences!!

Well Jean Todt said otherwise.And is another thing to judge that same incident again and again and another to criticize the "judges" of the sport.What if the same thing happens to Alonso the next time?An excuse(from FIA) like this one would be enough?Especially if it contradicts in 5 sentences!!

Of course the Toad said something else, but the end result is that Schumi could not satisfactory explain his stunt, and the telemetry of the car showed nothing wrong with it.

BTW, If Alonso ever tries something like that I expect him to be penalized too

here is the link to the interview with the steward-

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/motor/f...llo/653734.html

Of course the Toad said something else, but the end result is that Schumi could not satisfactory explain his stunt, and the telemetry of the car showed nothing wrong with it.

BTW, If Alonso ever tries something like that I expect him to be penalized too

Thats not the point again!!The stewart said that if he had crashed then it would have been ok even though they would make (just about), as expected, the same level of research and said that it would have been a "driver error" in their eyes.So the crime was saving the car???THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!! :D

Thats not the point again!!The stewart said that if he had crashed then it would have been ok even though they would make (just about), as expected, the same level of research and said that it would have been a "driver error" in their eyes.So the crime was saving the car???THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!! :D

The steward said-

Verdegay had access to all of the telemetry and knew exactly what Schumacher was doing in the car. This is what he said:

"We don't know for sure if the entire maneuver was deliberate, but in that spot he had certainly not done anything like it throughout the weekend. Schumacher braked over 50% more heavily than on the other laps he did. He then performed some absolutely unnecessary and pathetic counter-steering, and that lasted five metres, until there was no more chances of going through the turn normally.

He lost control of his car while traveling at only 16km/h. That is something completely unjustifiable. And the engine only shut off because he wanted it to by losing enough time before hitting the clutch. And the excuse that he did not engage reverse because there was traffic doesn't make sense at all."

As Verdegay points out, Schumacher's attempts at navigating through the corner were indeed pathetic. Schumacher was going so slow that recovering from his apparent lock-up, would have been preposterously simple for a man of his talents. Watching Michael swing the steering wheel back and forth almost made me laugh, it just seemed ridiculous that he was doing it.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s85/st97466.htm?fromrss=1

well there quite a few differences from the itv link i posted especially about the "laughing thing :blink: "!!The stewart actually said that???????I dont think so!If he did that makes him even worse in my eyes at least!And the other mentioned do not exactly point to a very serious person now do they??

Dont worry, he will do it himself at he end of the year. :D

I also think that the fact that Scumi didnt crash made it look more suspect.

Why would anyone try to pull that stunt and crash?

If he was locked up all the way to the wall, it would have looked less controlled and probably have never been invetigated.

:yawn: This has been overdone. The stewards made their decision, live with it. If you want justice, then here it is: If Mikey was guilty then he got a penalty for it. Case closed. If Mikey made a driver's error, then he got a penalty unjustly for this race but was paid back for any number of unjust moves he's made in the past.

Either way, justice was served and the books are ballanced.

Full credit to Mikey for pulling off a good drive for points from dead last on the grid.

Maybe but if the result of this race is proved to be decisive for the wdc then its not that simple!But i agree with you that no matter what we say that matter is over!But labels like "cheater" etc must be used with extreme caution no matter for whom!!Its just to point out that this decision is not exactly bulletproof and is not to be taken so seriously!MY opinion of course B)

Maybe but if the result of this race is proved to be decisive for the wdc then its not that simple!But i agree with you that no matter what we say that matter is over!But labels like "cheater" etc must be used with extreme caution no matter for whom!!Its just to point out that this decision is not exactly bulletproof and is not to be taken so seriously!MY opinion of course B)

Schu is a big & easy target, nationality aside: seven WDCs, almost a billionaire, driving red cars and fast jets for life, that's anybody's envy !

What comes around, goes around ! There will be a lot of fireworks and the stewarts will be busy with harsh decisions for the rest of the year ! Stay tuned !

:yawn: This has been overdone. The stewards made their decision, live with it. If you want justice, then here it is: If Mikey was guilty then he got a penalty for it. Case closed. If Mikey made a driver's error, then he got a penalty unjustly for this race but was paid back for any number of unjust moves he's made in the past.

Either way, justice was served and the books are ballanced.

Full credit to Mikey for pulling off a good drive for points from dead last on the grid.

:worshippy:

Wise man... :thbup:

Thanks, ecap. A huge compliment from someone I consider far wiser than me ;)

There's too much love here, stop it you guys, i'm gonna cry.

Dont cry...LEARN... :naughty:

Ecap has proven great perspective and the ability to get to the heart of a point in a few sentences. My opinion of him is justified, I think. ;)

Believe me, there is no question that MS deserves the label of cheater more than any other single individual in recent Formula 1 histroy, and he may even deserve the laurels for the biggest cheat in the history of the sport.

And before you protest, rest assured that I am not basing my observations on this last incident alone, but as someone who has watched every single F1 race in which MS has ever competed, in addition to a considerable amount of reading on the history of the sport.