Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracy@F1

The New Rules in F1

The new rules for qualifying have certainly spiced up the F1 season,not that I ever found it boring, however friends of mine who are not F1 fanatics would say, how can you watch that it is so predictable ........well this year they have enjoyed it too!

I can't wait for the British GP, more than half way through the F1, season and still the winner of the driver championship is open to all the drivers at the sharp end of the grid!! very compelling stuff.

Particularly nice that Ralf Schumacher has won two races in a row,can he make it three I wonder?

It is terrific isn't it. Makes for much improved entertainment when its not a one horse race... I think MS will probably prevail at the end of the day but at least it going to be a fight all the way... :D

I only got into F1 this year, and I don't know how the new rules would have compared with the old ones since I didn't watch F1 before. However, I do know that Verstappen wouldn't have gotten pole (even if it was only in the 1st session) if the qualifying procedure had not been changed. Also as tracy and daz said the hunt for the Championship would not be this close had the pts system not been changed. I really don't have any complaints against the new rules, they really have helped make the season more exciting.

:blink: You have got to be pulling my leg if you think that

the current qualif. set up is anything but a JOKE :(

F1 is the premire auto racing class, and to handcuff

the teams with these absolutly backwards rules

flies in the face of being the best you can be.

SPMF why don't they just put all the names ina

hat and have the grid girls pull names for position ?????

After seeing the new style in person I can tell you

that it doesn't compare with the previous format

sure only the "Minardis" as such went out the first

15-20 mins. but that is the role that they play

untill they grow up to race with the BIG BOYS,

I'd much rather see them fight it out,see who

could psych out his opponent and jump out on

the track with seconds left and put away P1 !!!!

:D:lol:;):unsure::huh::ph34r: