Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sevag00

Batracer F1 Game

Midland talks to the press.

Press: Thanks for talking to us, Jamie. After coming 5th In Practice and then 4th In Qualifying, I have to say, Midland are look pretty racey.

JS: Yeah, I had no trouble with any of my laps. It was a good session. I didn't want to push to hard so I didn't make any mistakes. I got moe confident as the session went on so I graduly got faster.

Press: Your team leader, Mike (Oxley) was Infront of you In practice, what does it mean to you to qualify infront of him?

JS: Well It's obviously good to out qualify your team mate but I'm not sure If he was using used Tyres or not. I have a sneaky feeling he was on used.

Press: 1 last question. Where do you expect to be at the end of the race?

JS: I hope to be on the top step of the podium, haha. But honestly, I don't expect to keep the Honda of, Tony (Cheval) behind me for very long. We'll see what happens tomororw.

Press: Thank you.

We caught up with Midland principal and driver Mike Oxley in the garage analyzing lap times.

Press: A good showing today for Midland. You've taken alot of people by surprise this weekend. What's the secret to your pace?

MO: We have some great people here at Midland and they've given us a pretty neutral chassis to work with. As a result, we can concentrate on the details of car set-up.

Press: Your teammate, Jamie (Stanford) was a full second faster than you in qualifying. How do you account for this considering you were faster in practice?

MO: (laughs) That's one helluva difficult question! At the end of the day all that matters to me is getting both cars into the points. Jamie has proven to be a tremendous asset to Midland. I have to say that the last minute signing of Jamie Stanford was a coup for the team! His pace is nothing short of astounding and he's already contributed valuable data for this weekend.

Press: Talk us through qualifying.

MO: Not much to tell, really. I made a bad decision on tires and that hurt me. I knew that immediately on the first run. Second run I went a little wide at turn 11 trying to push the envelope. Third run was the best and my time of 1:32 dead was about the best I could have expected with my tire/set-up.

Press: Where do you see Midland finishing tomorrow?

MO: Jamie has a real shot at the podium, but we should be in the points at least. We have the pace to run at the front but we'll have to see how our strategies play out.

Press: Thank you.

Midland F1

Ben, you cheeky b@stard! Good job on nailing your set-up! :clap3:

I'm hot on your heels..remember to move over when you see me in your rear view :P

Super Aguri Team press release, Bahrain GP (Post-Warm Up):

"We felt we were back on track in the warm up seeing both cars producing consistant and impressive lap times. We have found a good setup for the cars for the race and think we are in a chance for some points only considering either Ferrari, Honda, Midland and Renault have some sort of problems. We are confident of a top 10 finish for both drivers and this is our objective."

Lawrence DeSouza - Team Principal

1st driver quote:

"I have spoken to James about his setup and we have analysed the data. We both believe that we have extracted the maximum out of the car and think we are going to have an interesting race tomorrow. Our aim is to finish in the top 10 in this race after considering our grid positions and this is an achieveable task."

2nd driver quote:

"I am very happy with the car's performance in the warm up as we are right up there with the Toyotas, Red Bulls and Toro Rossos. We believe they will be our main competitors in the race but we feel our aggressive strategy will give us the advantage we need. My team leader is starting from 18th and is aiming for a top 10 finish whilst I am starting 11th and believe a point scoring position is on the cards. We hope to have an exciting battle and achieve a good result."

Mclaren Mercedes qualy and warmup report:

DISASTER, thats the word we can use for this, the first race of the season. Said the Team Principal. "The new car doesnt have speed and no kind of setup is good for it"

"The qualification was terrible with a 17th place by Dan Clark and a 19th by Eduardo Capdeville, and for the warmup only Capdeville was able to go out obtaining a 15th place".

"For now, we are going to try a risky strategy for tomorrow race, and really wait for a new testing period to obtain some answers, the chassis is simply not working fine at all"

Eduardo Capdeville: "We tried hard to find a good setup, but it was like if we were going backwards everytime, nothing worked at all, at least we didnt crash at qualy and now, strategy is all we have, lets see tomorrow what can we do."

The second Mclaren driver, Dan Clark, was unable to give comments.

Ferrari's warmup comments:

Christopher DeHarde was able to get his car to exactly 100% spot on in the setup, so hopefully he'll have a good race.

The other driver has not been made available for comment.

Ben, you cheeky b@stard! Good job on nailing your set-up! :clap3:

I'm hot on your heels..remember to move over when you see me in your rear view :P

Shall I move over like Jenson, In other words, without a fight :lol:

I've got my setup down 100%. Look out all.

As do I and Demonhorse. Watch out, Honda are looking strong.

ah but I'm top of the timing sheets.

pwnt noob.

Hell, man, we all expected that! ;) Finding out Ben can set a car up was a pleasant surprise! :D

Maybe he should take Button's seat at Honda?

(I'm leaving quickly before the Buttonites get ahold of me...) :runaway:

but now i am the first in warmup

Under 4 hours til the race. I am confident that both Red Bull drivers can get into the points as i believe we have a good strategy and a decent setup.

Honda Racing F1 Team Press Release, Bahrain GP Pre race report.

Tony Cheval (team principle/driver)

"We believe we are now in a very strong position for the race. Our setups are extremely competitive and barring incident, we are expecting a podium for one of our drivers at the very least. 3rd and 5th on the grid are very strong starting positions and we expect to have a good race."

i think the ferraris will be on podium, since we have great setup and strategy, and most important we are Ferrari

i think the ferraris will be on podium, since we have great setup and strategy, and most important we are Ferrari

We shall see. You might be beaten by the midlands as they are both fast. It all comes down to strategy and i think that both Red Bull drivers have a good one.

nah, I can replace Rubens though since hes Sh#t!

British Grand Prix grid.......Rubens p-6

Button p-19 :roll::rofl::roll:

*sorry guys, carry on*

wtf was that, i had better strategy then my teammate? maybe yes, but he had better setup than me.

Honda Racing F1 Team Press Release, Bahrain GP Postrace driver report.

Tony Cheval (team principle/driver): P2

"I had a good race, despite some setbacks I got onto the podium and troubled the winner. My teammate did lead laps for a while but was unfortunate with the safety car situation. Without that I firmly believe we could have had 2 steps of the podium as we were both strong in the race without a doubt. It's a very good start to my own driver's championship campaign and also for the team in the constructors'. I am very surprised Ferrari were not really in the hunt here after their practice form"

Hey Guys, I'm late getting in on this.

Next time you get a race going, let me know, I'd love to get in on it.

BTW - How do you join a private race? Do you need a code or something? I'm on batracer right now trying to get this whole thing sorted out..... looks like it could be good fun.

Hey Guys, I'm late getting in on this.

Next time you get a race going, let me know, I'd love to get in on it.

BTW - How do you join a private race? Do you need a code or something? I'm on batracer right now trying to get this whole thing sorted out..... looks like it could be good fun.

Yeah to join a private championship you need a code but you dont need a code for the public championships. We have only just began the totalF1 championship so unfortunantly there is no room for you at the moment but you should join a public championship to increase your skills so you can join us next time.

Yeah to join a private championship you need a code but you dont need a code for the public championships. We have only just began the totalF1 championship so unfortunantly there is no room for you at the moment but you should join a public championship to increase your skills so you can join us next time.

Yup, that's what I'm doing. Just let me know when the next one is on and I'll join in (if there's room of course).

Thanks