Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sevag00

Batracer F1 Game

Super Aguri Team press release, Bahrain GP (Post-Race):

"We are very disappointed we never got to show the true performance our of the cars for the race and suffered during the first stint with our second driver. The pace didn't seem to be consistant and we fell behind slighly during the first 5 laps. On lap 7 after trying to defend his position, James got knocked out by the Red Bull of Patrick Litani. We believed that he would come into play sometime during the grand prix but not to the scale of what occured in the race. After a poor qualifying session Lawrence did well to salvage 11th from 18th on the grid. His race seemed reasonably good and he was consistent but we knew we could not challenge for a points scoring position prior to the race after the warm up because we were so far off the pace. Jamie had a good race for Toyota and after analysing the data, we think we could of had a say on those 2 points for 7th aswell had James not had to retire. It has not been a good weekend for Super Aguri and this result should make the team more determined to achieve some points in Malaysia.

Lawrence DeSouza - Team Principal

1st driver quote:

"I am reasonable happy with my 11th place finish. It was outside the top 10 but considering how far we were off the pace, I think it has been a high of the weekend. I feel sorry for James because he had a good chance to battle for some points and was knocked out in the early stages. The pit crew did a tremendous job and I think we were the fastest 1 stopper stop of the race which is an excellent boost for them. We think we will be in the same position for Malaysia so our aims remain to aim for a top 10 finish and some decent points."

2nd driver quote:

"I am p**sed off with what happened to my race. I made a good start but the tyres seemed to fade away at an immense rate which I found surprising. We knew Red Bull and Toyota would feature very strongly in our race but we didn't think that over ambitious moves would be made to the degree of what happened on lap 7. I am very upset that I could not get the points finish the team deserved and we will be hoping for a better showing in Sepang."

Antonia, you can change your flag by going to File>Edit Account>Change your flag.

EDIT: Unless, of course, this game is considered 'started'

Yeah, I changed it on my profile ages ago and my subsequent games on my profile are under my actual flag, apart from this one! :(

:angry: i can't belive i went out on the lap 7,I thought i might atleast get in the points scoring position aswell.

Midland Race Report - Bahrain:

After a promising practice and qualifying, we simply failed to deliver in the race. We look forward to Malaysia for a better result.

Driver Quotes:

Mike Oxley, Driver/Team Principal could not be reached for a quote. His team says that shortly after parking his car, he collected his teammate Jamie and mumbled something about getting drunk. We in the press room feel he will have as much luck finding a drink in Bahrain as he did finding points in the race.

Hmmm...I just reviewed the lap-by-lap. Apparently I put on soft tyres instead of the hard I started out on. I need to look at why. My strategy was dependent on the hard compound for the whole race....

...perhaps a setting I missed... :eusa_think:

I've noticed I'm not the only one that suddenly switched compounds after a pit stop. I figured out why this happened:

Under 'Race Strategy' you can choose your start tyre. Two sections below that is 'Tyre Use In Changing Weather Conditions'. The game starts you off in the first race with the soft compound selected for dry conditions. If you opt for the hard compound, you need to de-select soft and select hard.

I've noticed I'm not the only one that suddenly switched compounds after a pit stop. I figured out why this happened:

Under 'Race Strategy' you can choose your start tyre. Two sections below that is 'Tyre Use In Changing Weather Conditions'. The game starts you off in the first race with the soft compound selected for dry conditions. If you opt for the hard compound, you need to de-select soft and select hard.

Thanks for the info. My team changed me to soft tyres as well.

I think Red Bull are going be be more competitive this race as i have been fast from the begining and i think im 6th so far in practice. I have high hopes for qualifying.

god dammit, i did my worst practice ever

god dammit, i did my worst practice ever

Dont worry. It better for me if you dont do well. Hopefully that makes you feel alittle bit better.

Hey Jay, I'm doing the A1GP you are running!

America was already chosen so I went for my heritage...Denmark was closer to Sweden that anything else!

EDIT: Actually just noticed that I could have chosen Sweden. Oh well, too late!

Honda Racing F1 Team, Bahrain GP Race analysis

"Today did not go to plan, I was leading until the safety car came out and the team told me to stay put and not pit, turns out my pit stop was 5 laps after the safety car thus I lost all that time and my position and finished out of the points. Lets hope for better things in Malaysia, one of my fave tracks."

Ben Cattanach Car No. 12

Honda Racing F1 Team, First Practice and Qualifying - Malaysian GP

"we need to work on our set up before the race but I had a huge crash and lost valuable set up time. I am now relying on my teamate to do the rest of the work and hopefully we will be in good shape for the race. Qualifying went well as I didnt expect to be 2nd on the grid. Hopefully both myself and Tony can continue our strong form into the race and lets see what happens shall we. Im really excited, we should have a great race on our hands tomorrow."

Ben Cattanach, Car No. 12

Super Aguri Team press release, Malaysian GP (Post-Quali):

"I think it speaks for itself. It's another one of those sessions with highs and lows put together. A mixture infact. We are delighted to be in the top 10 for the race on row 4 but we think we could of both clinched the whole of row 4 or possibly row 3 if quali went our way. It didn't to the degree that our 1st driver had mechnical problems in the pitlane and never even made it out for qualifying. We are starting 8th and 21st and have to re-think our strategy again because of the weather conditions. I think we could challenge for victory in the race if cars ahead struggle which we expect them to do but we are aiming to produce a double points finish and possibly a podium. We have the car, lets see what the race brings."

1st driver quote:

"Annoyed. P**sed off. Angry. These are three simple words describing my qualifying session. The mechanics had to work hard on the car after our practice session when I damaged it which is why there wasn't a press release at the end. We did have 24 hours to complete this repair and we did but more problems arose with the gearbox just moments before quali. I am very upset because I think I had the pace to better my teamate and some others infront of him. We are looking competitive but I am going to have to go on a less aggressive strategy to my teamate which will not give me a chance for victory. Points is what I am out to get tomorrow."

2nd driver quote:

"I've bettered my qualifying performance yet again this weekend by improving by 3 places. I am very happy about this and being in a point scoring position on the grid I feel can easily translate to a podium. This is what I aim to do and I have an aggressive strategy to attempt to achieve this. My teamate had mechanical problems in quali and therefore never set a lap but he is confident for a points finish and we think we are in a competitve position for the race."

Honda Racing F1 Team, Bahrain GP Race analysis

"Today did not go to plan, I was leading until the safety car came out and the team told me to stay put and not pit, turns out my pit stop was 5 laps after the safety car thus I lost all that time and my position and finished out of the points. Lets hope for better things in Malaysia, one of my fave tracks."

Ben Cattanach Car No. 12

Honda Racing F1 Team, First Practice and Qualifying - Malaysian GP

"we need to work on our set up before the race but I had a huge crash and lost valuable set up time. I am now relying on my teamate to do the rest of the work and hopefully we will be in good shape for the race. Qualifying went well as I didnt expect to be 2nd on the grid. Hopefully both myself and Tony can continue our strong form into the race and lets see what happens shall we. Im really excited, we should have a great race on our hands tomorrow."

Ben Cattanach, Car No. 12

Almost like the real Honda team, a bunch of mixed-up wonks!!!!

hey man i gave you my setup but you did your test without my setup

This race is p**sing me off. I was fast in practice but because of weather i have lost my advantage. Also i tested in the pooring rain and then i looked at the race and the rain is only going to be light. How on earth an i suppose to pick a setup when i cant test in the correct conditions.

Hey Jay, I'm doing the A1GP you are running!

America was already chosen so I went for my heritage...Denmark was closer to Sweden that anything else!

EDIT: Actually just noticed that I could have chosen Sweden. Oh well, too late!

Awesome Mike!!!!! Qualy is in a few hours, so we'll see how it goes.

I've got three different user accounts set up on Batracer right now, and am running in six different public series (3 F1 2006 seasons, a F1 2002 season, the A1GP series, and even a CART season) and I have also started a private CART race, but no one else has signed up yet......

It's definitely a lot of fun....

Super Aguri Team press release, Malaysian GP (Post-Warm up):

"Things are looking up for us. We used the warm up to simulate the race setup eventhough the conditions differ quite significantly. Had we used a monsoon setup alike the other cars, we would of most definitely been fastest. James had a bit of a low key session as we was trying out different tyres and compounds to use in the race. Being 1.5 seconds off the pace is a great result from Lawrence and I think he could be a high points finisher tomorrow if the race goes to plan. James looks strong and should feature amoung the big teams in the race and he is looking set for a podium. We are much more competitive now in the change of weather condition and had quali had the same circumstances, we would of been right at the front of the grid. Be under no illusions, we will be very strong in the race."

1st driver quote:

"After the dreadful qualifying campaign, I salvaged a good position in the warm up considering the car setup. It was very tricky out there and the car obviously not suiting the conditions was aqua planning at various parts of the race track as I expected. I only really got two clean runs without errors so it is a good result."

2nd driver quote:

"The team asked me to test out different tyres for the race and use the warm up as a simulation. The conditions obviously will vary to a large degree in the race but our cars were both setup up for the race conditions and we are happy with how the session went. I did struggle with the handling of the car and never got a clean run and my lap times reflect this. We are moving forward."

hey man i gave you my setup but you did your test without my setup

I did it before, Sorry.