Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

6 Teams Lose The Right To Vote

Six teams lose the right to vote

Wednesday May 31 2006

As of 2008, only six of the 12 Formula One teams will be a part of the F1 Commission and have the right to vote on things like rule changes, excluding the likes of McLaren and Toyota from the voting ranks.

The FIA revealed on Wednesday that in 2008 the F1 Commission will consist of only six teams, who have the power to vote, with a vote going to the FIA, one to Bernie Ecclestone and one each for the five race promoters chosen.

The six teams have been chosen according to nationality with one team per country getting the nod, which has meant that Toyota, Super Aguri, McLaren, Prodrive, Midland and Toro Rosso have been passed over in favour of Red Bull, Renault, BMW, Ferrari, Honda and Williams.

"Under the terms of the 2008 Formula One Sporting Regulations the 2008 Formula One Commission consists of six representatives from the competing teams, five representatives from the race promoters, one representative from the commercial rights holder and one representative from the FIA," explained a FIA statement.

"Following a fax vote of the FIA World Motor Sport Council the following teams and promoters have been elected to the 2008 Formula One Commission."

Teams

Austria Red Bull Racing

France Mild Seven Renault F1 Team

Germany BMW Sauber F1 Team

Italy Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

Japan Honda Racing F1 Team

United Kingdom WilliamsF1 Team

Promoters

Australian Grand Prix

Brazilian Grand Prix

Hungarian Grand Prix

Monaco Grand Prix

Spanish Grand Prix

How did they come to this conclusion, and why is it so unfair and excluding other teams. Not a good move!

When I saw Mad Max speaking about the stewards decision concerning Schumi, he actually seemed to make sense for a change. Then only a day or so later we get this bombshell. For the future to be healthy in F1, Max needs to go. The rumored veto or simply ignoring all the teams unanimous vote on scraping the insane engine freeze idea typifies how idiotic and insane this man really is.

Oh if they let someone just make the rules, one person, oh what I would do...

RBR and Honda and Renault are pretty much british anyway!!! Weird decision

I suppose Red Bull could be classified as Austrian and Renault could be classified as French.

I suppose Red Bull could be classified as Austrian and Renault could be classified as French.

Well yes, they are classified technically as austrian and french, but both are made up of mostly brits and based in england

damn tht max !!! many teams are based in britain for him to only give one seat to britain..... i strongly feel mclaren should have the right to vote... heck its one of the most successful teams in F1....

Williams ahead of Mclaren.... Wierd?

I'm actually fine with Williams getting the spot over McRon. I trust Sir Frank (more than McRon) to have a mind towards the total Formula 1 picture, irregardless of their team's current situation. Now when Sir Frank retires..who knows... :eusa_think:

both williams and mclaren should be on the council... nationality of the team should not be the criteria !! ... how long have renault been in F1? ... a few years now but they are on the council.... if they go by nationality its fair but it shouldnt be the way .... mclaren deserves to be on tht council and max knows it

I agree, but some may not guage 'best' the same. I believe McLaren have the second highest tally of race wins of all the current teams (If memory serves, Ferrari holds the highest).

i would hope ferrari had the most wins considering it has been the only team to partake in ever World Camionship since the begining

i would hope ferrari had the most wins considering it has been the only team to partake in ever World Camionship since the begining

I try not to be definite about statistics until I check them out, even obvious ones! ;)

both williams and mclaren should be on the council... nationality of the team should not be the criteria !! ... how long have renault been in F1? ... a few years now but they are on the council....

Yeah but they have been in F1 before, granted it was mainly as an engine supplier, but the team that they transformed into Renault F1 (i.e. Benneton) has been in it for years previously. It was effectively a change of name and ownership the way I understand it.

Yeah but they have been in F1 before, granted it was mainly as an engine supplier, but the team that they transformed into Renault F1 (i.e. Benneton) has been in it for years previously. It was effectively a change of name and ownership the way I understand it.

Renault were also an F1 team up until the mid 80s.

Renault were also an F1 team up until the mid 80s.

Yes... we have more history in racing...not every people know this...

GO RENAULT!

i don know if any one have noticed this or already posted it...the truth is that williams used to be anti mosley back when his team was using BMW POWER, ever since they lost bmw they have become more FIA baised including signing agreements with fia blindly.....its no suprising that FIA have chosen them over mclaren!

Personaly i respect max for bringing saftey rules to f1....but other times hes been acting like a major assole! :thbdn: cud some one throw him out?

hope its not jean todd who is going to replace him(only to make matters worse)...me might even throw mclaren out of f1

Do you think 'Ferrari' and 'Red Bull - Ferrari' would have different opinions while making their votes?

Both teams are running the same engine and yet classified as different teams.

:(

Do you think 'Ferrari' and 'Red Bull - Ferrari' would have different opinions while making their votes?

Both teams are running the same engine and yet classified as different teams.

:(

Red Bull will most likely run Cosworth/Fords or Cosworth/VW's in '08. There will be no 'double Ferrari' vote.

Indeed, Kay...people like Ben's party more than mine :(

Some attention from the mods perhaps? Delete mine or merge with this..?

Perhaps there is more drink here? :eusa_think: