Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

demonhorse

Zanardi To Ride Again...

From ITV-F1.com

Zanardi to ride again in F1

Wednesday, 31, May, 2006, 13:12

Former Williams driver Alex Zanardi looks set get back behind the wheel of a Formula 1 car with BMW Sauber, for the first time since he lost his legs in a Champ Car accident in 2001.

Although the Italian made an amazing single-seater comeback at the track where he lost his legs, the Lausitzring, in 2003 and now races for BMW in the World Touring Car Championship, his long-awaited return to an F1 c#ckpit has never materialised.

The former Champ Car champion was due to have had a run in an adapted Williams at the United States Grand Prix in 2005, but amazingly

i think its great how he has come back from his accident and it seems he has had quite a bit of success since he did but i really dont think a return to F1 even as a test driver is the right move - he had his chance, actually a few chances & didnt really capatalise on them - theres plenty of other brilliant drivers out there who ahve yet to get a chance - they should come first

i think its great how he has come back from his accident and it seems he has had quite a bit of success since he did but i really dont think a return to F1 even as a test driver is the right move - he had his chance, actually a few chances & didnt really capatalise on them - theres plenty of other brilliant drivers out there who ahve yet to get a chance - they should come first

Its just a test... nothing else :)

Its just a test... nothing else :)

well whats the point of having a test & not taking it any further then - again im sure there are lots of drivers who would love to even get a test too :eusa_think:

well whats the point of having a test & not taking it any further then - again im sure there are lots of drivers who would love to even get a test too :eusa_think:

Simple.

PR

But I hope he has a ball!

Simple.

PR

But I hope he has a ball!

As c21 says, It is to do with PR. It must be a dream come true for zanardi though. To be on Deaths door, to then Race competitively again for BMW, To now getting back in a Formula 1 car. A true racing driver has it in his blood, and the addiction must be out of this world. Zanardi won't care about the PR, It's his chance to say goodbye to Top League cars properly, And I hope it will be an enjoyable one.

As c21 says, It is to do with PR. It must be a dream come true for zanardi though. To be on Deaths door, to then Race competitively again for BMW, To now getting back in a Formula 1 car. A true racing driver has it in his blood, and the addiction must be out of this world. Zanardi won't care about the PR, It's his chance to say goodbye to Top League cars properly, And I hope it will be an enjoyable one.

:)

but...who is PR?

:)

but...who is PR?

PR = Is Public Relations. Basically, It makes BMW Sauber look good in the press.

Hope that helps.

PR = Is Public Relations. Basically, It makes BMW Sauber look good in the press.

Hope that helps.

yes..thankyou sir... -_-

I wonder if he still insists on having steel brake discs rather than carbon-fibre ones, despite all the trouble he had with them in the Williams in '99.