Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sevag00

FIFA World Cup 2006

All, I posted a FIFA spreadsheet in the Australia In The World Cup thread and I guess it should have been posted here. It is a fantastic spreadsheet to keep track of your teams and even shows game times for your local regions.

take a stroll over there to download it.

Kenny

oh man, i didn't watch the first game (Germany - Costa Rica), i was at apocalyptica's concert headbanging, and i came home and i was f**king tired.

oh man, i didn't watch the first game (Germany - Costa Rica), i was at apocalyptica's concert headbanging, and i came home and i was f**king tired.

I tried but unfortunatly i got half way through the opening cermony which sent me to sleep so i had to go to bed.

Germany v Costa Rica was a great game. Both teams played attacking football and it was a great way to kick of the tournament. Germany are strong in attack, but their defence is bad. If they want to progress further than the second round, the need to tighten up at the back.

Poland v Eduador was a very tactical match and was also interesting for differing reasons from the other game. I thought Poland would win by a goal or two but I was massively impressed by Ecuador. Their defence is very very solid and when the had opportunities to score, they did.

3 more games tonight, looking forward to Argentina v Ivory Coast and England v Paraguay the most. That game kicks off in just under 2 hours and I'll be watching it straight after quali! A great way to spend a freezing cold (here anyways) Saturday night!

:lol: Nah.

Im gutted though, In london i have heard they are selling war helmets with the england flag on to take the p**s out of the germans, I want one! :(

Reckon that's also the reason behind Button's change of helmet for this weekend? Haven't seen it yet but I heard he has a hemet with the england flag, maybe he stopped off in London to get one? :naughty::lol:

3 more games tonight, looking forward to Argentina v Ivory Coast and England v Paraguay the most. That game kicks off in just under 2 hours and I'll be watching it straight after quali! A great way to spend a freezing cold (here anyways) Saturday night!

England vs Paraguay was very boring, though I think Beckham should be credited for the goal instead of the own goal. And I don't think Eriksson knows how to use his players very well despite having one of the strongest midfield lineup. Everytime once they're leading they'll play defensive and try to waste as much time as possible to win.

It's ok if they're playing against teams like Paraguay, but I do not expect them to win against a team like Brazil's if they're going to continue to play like this.

Yeah it was a dull game. I think it should be credited as an own goal as the defender did make contact with the ball. Aside from the first 15 minutes, England didn't look all that convincing. However it was the first game, they've got the 3 points (which is more than Sweden can say) and can look to improve, however if that is their best (which I'm sure it isn't), then there is no way they'll get past the likes of Brazil.

Yeah it was a dull game. I think it should be credited as an own goal as the defender did make contact with the ball.

Yea, his head touched the ball, but if he didn't I'm sure the ball would've went in as well.

Gawd that was a snoozer of a match!! :mf_tongue:

Why did people watch England when they could have seen Argentina vs Cote d' Ivoire (sp?)? Who cares about Sven 'yawn' Ericsson's team, he has turned a team of exciting players into a boring team.

Crouch wasnt even being used, I dont know what the **** ashley cole was doing he was simply awful. the sooner rooney is fit the betteras we need to attack constantly, not fanny about passing poorly to one another!

Can't wait till tomorrow, USA plays its first match.

Me 2. Except i cant wait for the Australia vs Japan match. I think it will be a close one.

Why did people watch England when they could have seen Argentina vs Cote d' Ivoire (sp?)?

I saw the Argentina v Ivory Coast game as well. Great game, Ivory Coast were very unlucky not to get a draw and will be tough opposition for Holland and Serbia & Montenegro.

Saw the Holland v Serbia & Montenegro game, not very exciting but very happy that the Dutch won the game. Robben was electrifyingly quick and caused heaps of problems for the defence which lived up to its reputation of being very solid.

Mexico v Iran was a fantastic game. End to end attacking football but Mexico proved too strong benefitting from a couple of defensive errors, whilst Portugal were very unconvincing against Angola, but a win is a win.

How do you people watch the world cup AND go to work/school the next day??

I'll only watch the 10.30pm match until the quarter finals or if there's a match I think worth watching..

I'll only watch the 10.30pm match until the quarter finals or if there's a match I think worth watching..

In Australia we dont have a choice and we have become very used to staying up late watching sport as we are on the other side of the planet to alot of sports. I found it funny when the Americans and the English complained during the Olympics about how late they had to stay up because thats what Australians have to do for most international sporting events but the English were complaining after one sporting event where they had to stay up past their bedtime. Poor babies.

In Australia we dont have a choice and we have become very used to staying up late watching sport as we are on the other side of the planet to alot of sports. I found it funny when the Americans and the English complained during the Olympics about how late they had to stay up because thats what Australians have to do for most international sporting events but the English were complaining after one sporting event where they had to stay up past their bedtime. Poor babies.

Hey we're not used to it ok!!

I am supporting England, If not for them I would like Spain & Holland to do well.

:P I don't, uni clases aren't compulsary, and the world cup is far more important :D

I dont have any school anymore, yesterday was my last day of school, no i can watch the world cup till midnight.

:clap3:

true true ... but i wouldn complain bout the english to much.. i watch the EPL a lot and the timings of the EPL matches are almost as if its catered for south east asia... prime time ....