Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sevag00

FIFA World Cup 2006

In fairness, few teams including Brazil, Germany & Franch are though.

Spain & Czech have been the only two to look anything like world champions so far.

True, a lot of "favourites" have been less than convincing.

Well it has to be said, Spain has it easy, Ukraine were not as good as I thought they would be, Germany dont look strong, the Czechs i thought would be strong anyway but the way we played in the last 30 mins I think was the best I have seen anyone play full stop. Sven got it right with whom he subbed, we were going wide, passing it in short and shooting and we looked really threatening then. However Owen seems a little out of sorts for whatever reason but today I am both happy and not happy, we played poorly in the first half but the second half we were pretty crushing. That lenin kid looks pretty Sh#t hot, and he was doing exactly what we needed him to do. Lampard kepts missing ''easy'' goals and Crouch shudda scored just before half time, that was an embarressing miss. I think the fact Trinidad were defending solely was why we had it hard. But like u lot say the Czechs and Spanish have looked the best so far, followed by us and the Italians. I dont think Brazil are going to get past the quarters this year, France are not even going to qualify through imo.

I still think we have a great chance, especially if we play like we did is the final 30 mins of todays game!

i cant believe this is happening, everyone says england, germany, brazil and france are the best, but when i saw their performance, i was shocked. England, yesterday, what a luck they had, they lost every chances they had in front of the goal, and then crouch luckily scored a goal......

Im watching the news and Australia is considering making a bid for the 2014 World Cup. We certainly have the facilities. Australia really has caught the football fever.

i cant believe this is happening, everyone says england, germany, brazil and france are the best, but when i saw their performance, i was shocked. England, yesterday, what a luck they had, they lost every chances they had in front of the goal, and then crouch luckily scored a goal......

How was it a lucky goal?? bekham crossed it and crouch headed it in, it was a good goal. And you certainly can't argue with gerrard's fine goal as well.

England will play better - they always raise their game against tougher opponents. We beat argentina 3-2 a couple of months ago

Im watching the news and Australia is considering making a bid for the 2014 World Cup. We certainly have the facilities. Australia really has caught the football fever.

:lol: Good luck with that, the 2014 world cup is reserved for South America.

:lol: Good luck with that, the 2014 world cup is reserved for South America.

Here's the article

Premier Mike Rann has written to Prime Minister John Howard today to ask that a proposal to form a National Planning Team to bid for the 2014 World Cup Soccer Finals be put on the COAG agenda next month.

Fifa has a rotation policy till 2014, that is why 2010 was Africa. 2014 is South America. Unless CONMEBOL can't put a bid together, then I guess it is open.

Brazil was sleeping, they just used the game as a shooting gallery, shooting from the distance until they got a goal and then they sat on it.

That was my view as well. Have to give Croatia credit though, they really shut them down and played quite well and would have deserved the draw.

From what I've seen so far, 3 countries have really impressed me. They're the teams from Czech Republic, Spain and Ecuador. The latter was a big surprise and I thought Poland would edge them out for the second spot in Group A but they've played very well. Their attack is solid, as is their midfield, but their defence is totally rock solid. Spain were brilliant and clinical in their demolition of Ukraine as were the Czech's against USA.

As for England, if they play the same way they've played their last 2 games, there is now way they'll win it. They played dull football, almost expecting to win the game without having to try, the Sweden v Paraguay game was equally uninspiring.

Tonight will see some great games. The games from Group C should be of first class and I'm hoping the Dutch can seal their spot in the second round with a win against the Ivory Coast, but it will be very tough as Ivory Coast proved against Argentina that they are a very tough team. Technically solid as well.

As for us bidding for the 2014 World Cup, sure it may be reserved for South America, but it'll be good experience for a bid for 2018, which the article highlights.

Indeed, but Ukraine is a one (shevchenko) man team

The way people went on about Rooney when he got injured, and the way they cheered for him last night you'd almost think England was a one-man team too.

I still think we will win! Do u wanna know why, the ukraine were Sh#t - spain looked better than good, Serbia just now were a bit Sh#t, argentina dominated, Czechs against usa, p**s easy team to defeat. Basically Trinidad had a great defence, 11 men behind the ball is ****ing impossible unless they were complete crap, paraguay admittedly were harder to beat as we were playing awfully. We always perform better under pressure for sum reason! We will win, just wait and see!

I was on the FIFA website and it found this

kit-large-AUS.gif

They spell it COLORS. Since when did Football become a American sport. Shouldnt it be spelt the way England and other normal English speaking nations spell it. It is spelt COLOURS.

what a game from holland, they scored an unfair goal (1st goal), when Ivory Coast was attacking very much in the first half, and Ivory Coast were on the way for scoring a goal, but then Persie shot from a foul kick, and they scored their unfair goal.

yeh i said an unfair goal. Oh Ghana what a game they played, they destroyed Czech in every way. Czech, when they played agianst USA and won 3-0, everyone thought that they are good team, but Ghana proved wrong, and NEVER underestimate Ghana, they are maybe Africa's strongest team, and if someone laughed at Italy when they won only 2-0, those ppl must remember Ghana has one of the most powerful midfield, and that is the most important part in football.

Even though I usually don't watch football in any form, I have found the USA V Italy match very interesting and eventful.

whaaat, does someone still watch rugby, if you would've said NBA i'll say ok,coz i watchit too, but rugby, go to hell. Man football is the best, and everyone is interested

Bru it is clear you don't understand a thing about rugby!!

I vote Brazil but Argentina is on fire!!

i found the game Italy v USA the worst refereeing game, when they gave 3 red card, one of those must be yellow, 3 or 4 offisides that the referee counted were very very clear that there weren't any offsides.

i found the game Italy v USA the worst refereeing game, when they gave 3 red card, one of those must be yellow, 3 or 4 offisides that the referee counted were very very clear that there weren't any offsides.

Indeed, that ref has a shady background also :mf_tongue::mf_tongue::mf_tongue:

he was some kinda dictator.

i found the game Italy v USA the worst refereeing game,

bit like the stewarding job done at Monaco... but i'll stop there before someone says i'm saying the same crap over and over... :mf_tongue:

Th Ref in the US v Italy game was atrocious and should have been sacked after that, My TV hasnt received that much abuse in a long time!

god dammit, i didn't watch yesterday's games, cause my cable provider had done something wrong, and he was fixing it all day.