Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sevag00

FIFA World Cup 2006

I do not think France is capable of breaking italy defense, as of their road easy -- it been easier somewhat for 2 matches, but Germany definetly was harder opponent than any that France met (Brazil never really played on the level they were expected). Altough i would say Italy was in hardest group with USA, Czech and Ghana.

Italy main concern is scoring goal (USA and Australia for example, altough first of them was also somewhat attitude problem i think) and if they manage to do that then i think france will probably lose, if they can keep tie to penalties then France got quite good chances of winning (Italians just dont seem to be able to win penalties in WC, kinda like Spain somehow always dropping out fast).

Henry did make it look a bit more dramatic than it really was, but thats football - but he did trip on the italian's foot so I guess it is a foul. The australia penalty i havent even seen

if you didn't see that penalty, then your a terrible football watcher, everyone saw that penalty, and all admited it was a penalty.

It was foul and Henry amplified the effect, it was an error and once again in this cup a defence lost the game.

Brilliant, replace HEnry with Grosso, and you have described the Astralia Italy game.

who understand football reckons this , the type of game brazil play it made it easy to france cos brazil let you play .. and with players like Zidane, henry etc.. you can let them play so that was the story of brazil and even parreria the system of playing was ridiculios so i was waiting for brazil to loose ,

but even for italy is gonna be difficcult to win against france , france always wins againgst the italians ,

and the type france play it difficult to the italians ......

With the current French team, it would be a travesty if they win. Italy have come this far without ever going to penalties, and they have a far far stronger squad. France survives despite some rather old and some rather mediocre players, along with very strange team selection.

Cannavaro is a one man wall, and you cannot give too much credit to Pirlo, the architect of most Italian attacks. Some great if very un-Italian tactics from Lippi. If Italy play like this against France, they don't have the quality to match Italy, especially if Neta comes back. Great match for Groso too, Iaquinta and Zambrotta.
Congrats to all the Italian and French fans on here. Both teams deserve their place in the final.

Totally agree with you Cav, Cannavaro is a rock in the defence, heck, their whole defence is cast iron, one of the best, however Italy has a tradition of having a great defense in its national team. Grosso's strike was one any striker would be proud of and he hit it so sweet, great shot. One of the goal's of the tournament.

Bad news for you though as I think Nesta has been ruled out of the final, which is a pity, but I think you've got enough cover for him. I think de Rossi is eligible for this game after his suspension, but I doubt he'll play, the team is so strong at the moment. However I disagree that they thrashed Germany though. Sure you had their measure, but you only really put them away in the last minute of extra time, and Germany did have a couple of chances of their own. Still, one of the best games of the tournament.

Italy may not have thrashed Australia but they certainly beat them and I think that answers that!

Answers what? They couldn't get past us without a dodgy penalty. If they are as good as some on here make them out to be, and we as bad, then they ought to have put 3 in our net within the first half, right??

Carvalho sticks his foot out, Henry falls over and makes a bit of a meal of it. Neill rolls around, Grosso falls over him and makes a bit of a meal of it. Penalty, both times. Very similar incidents.
Similar?? I totally disagree, Carvalho as you say kicks out at Henry who makes a total meal of it, whilst Neill was flat on his back on the floor, trying to move OUT of the way, yet Grosso looks to fall over him, and goes down. In the first case, the defender,Carvalho, initiated contact with the striker, Henry. In the latter, the attacker, Grosso, initiated contact with the defender, Neill, who was on the ground. I'm not questioning whether Grosso should have done what he did, we've gone over that, but to call these two penalties similar is wrong in my view.
With the current French team, it would be a travesty if they win. Italy have come this far without ever going to penalties

Neither have the French. It would only be a travesty if they win because you're a fan of Italy. If France play as they did against Spain, Italy will be in for a tough night.

France survives despite some rather old and some rather mediocre players, along with very strange team selection.

Which makes their high quality of games against Spain and Brazil that much more special.

i don't understand why everyone is against me and Italy. The game is few hours away, and we are gonna do a revenge to the French.

i don't understand why everyone is against me and Italy.

You know why im against Italy. :angry: All they are is a bunch of cheating divers.

Bad news for you though as I think Nesta has been ruled out of the final, which is a pity, but I think you've got enough cover for him. I think de Rossi is eligible for this game after his suspension, but I doubt he'll play, the team is so strong at the moment. However I disagree that they thrashed Germany though.

Yes, pity about Nesta. They are just announcing the lineups.

I am neutral today, I'd love to see Zidane go out on a high, but I am a big fan of many of the Italian players.

Closing ceremony on now, same starting lineups again.

Zidane spoiled it for France!!I really hoped they would pull it through!Italy played well but France was just the better team for me.I looking forward to the next WC in my home country South Africa!!Bafana Bafana is gonna win!!For those who do not know it is the nickname for the national side of SA!!

Well what a disappointing worl cup. IMO there were 2 good game, Argentina v Mexico and Italy V Germany. Both had high quality football in them. I personally dont think Italy nor France played particularly great throughout the tournament but i love Italy as a country and I love italians thus I am happy they won and since I hate the french its even more pleasing. On a side not though England really had no excuses this year and the fact we went out in the quarters is disgusting. We have a damn good side but they dont gel as a team and Ericsson kept playing rooney on his own etc We were just a mess but at the end of the day it should have based on players alone been us argentina and/or Brazil in the final but ahh well. Its ridiculous that we invented footie and yet we cant even win the main tournament!

Also on Zidane, what a complete and utter twat, what a complete twat. I have no idea what he was doing but what a stupid man. His last ever game and he does that. Words cannot describe how I feel about him right now. He is supposed to be a role model and someone for kids to look up to,l one of the worlds best ever footballers and he goes and does that, he should be ashamed of himself he had let himself, his fans and his country down.

Gli Azzurri won the FIFA World Cup by beating those French bastids! My parents are housing a French exchange student (???) so last week my mom invited the rest of his classmates who are here and their host families to come over. Needless to say, my dad and I were heavily outnumbered in our support of gli Azzurri. Zidane is une sac du douche, ejection serves him right. It got really quiet after PKs and everyone left really fast, the kid staying here is really bummed out. There were a Sh#tload of ppl at the house, so here are some pics. The 56" widescreen HDTV helps, it's almost like being at the game.

P1000756.JPG

P1000757.JPG

P1000759.JPG

P1000760.JPG

zidane is pathetic. Great player but to be a pro footballer you got to keep your cool, what a stupid stupid idiot, and now he knows that moment is going to be remembered more than anything when people look back on his career.

David Trezeguet must feel sick, if I was him I'd want to hide in a hole and never come out!

Zidane spoiled it for France!!I really hoped they would pull it through!Italy played well but France was just the better team for me.I looking forward to the next WC in my home country South Africa!!Bafana Bafana is gonna win!!For those who do not know it is the nickname for the national side of SA!!

I'm sorry to spoil your enthusiasm and to publish this on a www forum, it may turn out to be an utter disaster and embarrasment bru. I can't stop thinking of foreigners getting armed robbed, the world press have made headlines of the rape statistics, not good my friend not good. What about the power failures and "roads belonging to Taxi drivers who do as they wish"??? and we're far behind schedule already (even Germany threw a caution over this), maybe FIA doing the emercency hosting to Australia is the proper thing.

This unprofessional attitude make us look like fools!!!

concerned citizen and once believer of the beauty of SA

Yes, pity about Nesta. They are just announcing the lineups.

I am neutral today, I'd love to see Zidane go out on a high, but I am a big fan of many of the Italian players.

Closing ceremony on now, same starting lineups again.

Zidane is an a##! all of France can blame him for the loss :thbdn:

Zidane is an a##! all of France can blame him for the loss :thbdn:

yes, it was amazing how they "dropped in performance" after he was sent off, like they lost hope... definately a big factor in their loss....

I can't stop thinking of foreigners getting armed robbed, the world press have made headlines of the rape statistics, not good my friend not good.

Thats exactly how I see the next WC, only fools go there. Unless the army make a cleaning meanwhile...

I'm sorry to spoil your enthusiasm and to publish this on a www forum, it may turn out to be an utter disaster and embarrasment bru. I can't stop thinking of foreigners getting armed robbed, the world press have made headlines of the rape statistics, not good my friend not good. What about the power failures and "roads belonging to Taxi drivers who do as they wish"??? and we're far behind schedule already (even Germany threw a caution over this), maybe FIA doing the emercency hosting to Australia is the proper thing.

This unprofessional attitude make us look like fools!!!

concerned citizen and once believer of the beauty of SA

Yeah I have to agree not a chance!!!Was just trying to make joke about it!!Altough I think SA will host a good World Cup if they get their butts in gear!!

Yet my biggest concern is the same and it is the crime!!

Yeah I have to agree not a chance!!!Was just trying to make joke about it!!Altough I think SA will host a good World Cup if they get their butts in gear!!

Yet my biggest concern is the same and it is the crime!!

South Africa hosted the Cricket World Cup without any crime problems. I have though heard many rumours that South Africa might not be ready for the 2010 World Cup so it might be moved to another venue.

The Cricket World Cup is a much smaller event though and with very few

foreign visitors. Hell India manages to host it :P

I wish they give it to Australia, there is a slight chance I might be around.

The Cricket World Cup is a much smaller event though and with very few

foreign visitors. Hell India manages to host it :P

I wish they give it to Australia, there is a slight chance I might be around.

There have been rumours (and i stress rumours) that if South Africa fail to poperly prepare for thw World Cup (eg stadiums not ready) then the World Cup will go to Australia. These are only rumours.

I guess Australia already has good stadia where they play all those funny games, they could be modified to play proper football :eusa_think: