Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sevag00

FIFA World Cup 2006

i would definetly support noone, if italy don't pass the 2nd round, but maybe holland.

Well Judging by todays match and the fact I dont think Spain or Ukraine will win the world cup, my analysis of the fave teams is this....

Germany - Very very weak defence, not a convincing win against costa rica. Pretty average.

England - Played very well in the first half but the second we seemed to be missing something, I think we were holding back but if we can keep first half form for 90 minutes we have a damn good chance.

Argentina - Played well but I think there is something missing. Semi - Finalists but not in the finals in my opinion.

Czech Republic - Good but not great, like England didnt seem to play to their full ability. could be Semi - Finalists though

Italy - Played quite dirty in the second half but were very convincing, I think they have a great chance this year and could be seeing us in the Finals.

France - Very pathetic, 2 man team, relying solely on Henry and Zidane, Wont make quarter finals.

Portugal - Played well, but not to their ability, quater finalists, could be semi finalists.

Brazil - Ronaldo is the new JPM of football, what a fatty! Useless, and thus Brazil have lost one of their star players. Ronaldinho and Carlos seemed to carry the team and I dont think a 1-0 win is representative as Croatia were very good indeed. Im not so sure on Brazil now, they seemed very average. Semi Finalists, could be in the Final against us or Italy but judging by tonight, semi finals at best!

Holland - Good but didnt convince me enough, Ill give them another couple of matches!

man i was ashamed when i saw brazil 1-0 win over croatia, everyone here says brazil is the one, but in reality look at the players difference between brazil and croatia, brazil has 2 or 3 world players.....

Brazil are a class apart, they did enough yesterday. They will step up when needed Anyone who believes otherwise is an idiot and will be proved to be one soon.

How do you people watch the world cup AND go to work/school the next day??
I've got exams, so no classes, but the first is tomorrow so I won't be staying up tonight. I'll just watch the early game then head off to sleep before exam one tomorrow afternoon.
Brazil - Ronaldo is the new JPM of football, what a fatty!

:lol: He was attrocious wasn't he?!?!

The Brazil v Croatia game was telling. I am totally convinced Brazil went out to assure the 3 points, not play to their best. Croatia played really well but left Kaka too much time and space on the ball, way too much.

France won't do much this World Cup. Their team is on the wrong side of 30 and they look all over the place, whilst the South Korea v Togo game was nothing special. To Togo's credit, I thought Korea would run away with the game, but they didn't. Korea could get into the second round after watching the France v Switzerland game.

From what I've seen, the Czech Republic have put on the best team display of the World Cup so far. They were clinical and fantastic in their defeat of the USA. Arsenal will be mighty chuffed to have sealed Rosicky's signature before the World Cup as his price would surely have skyrocketed!

I dunno with Brazil, you say they were holding back, but I think all the top teams have been holding back somewhat, we have yet to play rooney so our team isnt even close to perfection. I do think we should play theo walcott for the last 10 mins on the next match to get him used to Football at this level.

And yes ronaldo really was awful last night, I was so surprised, I think he was taken offf because there was only a couple more pasties left! :lol:

Brazil didnt look like they were holding back to me. They were lucky that croatia didnt get a goal, croatia really deserved a draw.

I knew france would be crap, they're still using the ancient players that failed in 2004 and 2002

Brazil was sleeping, they just used the game as a shooting gallery, shooting from the distance until they got a goal and then they sat on it.

But that is not what Brazil do. They never act cautious to protect their lead. they go at it all guns blazing until the final whistle blows. They are certainly not as Sh#t hot as we all thought!

Judging by the team's first round performances so far, i'm more convinced, yes they're not my national team, that Italy's got a great chance of lifting the cup in a few weeks time...

Italy - Played quite dirty in the second half but were very convincing, I think they have a great chance this year and could be seeing us in the Finals.

I'm not convinced however, that England will be in the final J_R...

But that is not what Brazil do. They never act cautious to protect their lead. they go at it all guns blazing until the final whistle blows.

They don't. And while they are incredibly good, football is not like other sports where one team is that much better than another one. They only won 9 of their 18 matches in South American qualifying.

Ben you mean Vain Looney?

Indeed, but Ukraine is a one (shevchenko) man team, so Spain should have thrashed them anyway! Played well though!

Spain are the only 1 of the 8 seeded teams that realy had a convincing performance

I agree 100%

come on tell me yesterday germany played well, i was laughing very hard about germany's performance, if ecuador inserted 2 goals, and germany 1 goal, that is a bit shame for the germans

Germany were good, they deserved at least 2 goals. Poland are pretty good.

I would love to support Spain but they left out some of my favourite Valencia players from the squad, though it is also a sign of the incredible depth of their squad and the Spanish league. I wish they would perform on the world stage for once. :(

Germany are not going to win this year and I think their group is one of the easiest thus they should come out on tops. I think if they came against any on the other seeded teams they would be crushed, which is great! :P

man germany is sh|t, they dont deserve this year's world cup.

Wayne Rooney is back!!! He's been cleared to play by medical experts today, and its likely he will be brought on during the second half. Everybody tune in later to see england beat trinidad and move into round 2!!

England aren't looking too pretty right now.

In fairness, few teams including Brazil, Germany & Franch are though.

Spain & Czech have been the only two to look anything like world champions so far.