Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sevag00

FIFA World Cup 2006

but look at adriano's offside goal, and Asamoah's red card wasn't a red card neither a yellow card, coz he felt by himself, and that b@st@rd referee thought he was acting. You know FIFA must punish this referees to death, since this mistakes are very crucial, which is very bad for the team's morale, like when adriano score that offside goal, the team's morale went down, and the 3rd made the team's morale very low, that the Ghana players didn't even bother playing.

Ronaldo was given offside incorrectly in the very beginning. With offsides you win some and you lose some. Still doesn't justify putting your defence on the halfway line. Brazil got 3 soft goals, that is just insane, why would they bother trying.

That is the most amateurish dive I've ever seen. Again sheer immaturity - from the beginning you knew someone would get sent off if they kept playing like that - poor tackiling, dives, fouls etc etc. The African teams play with a lot of spirit. But they have a lot to learn.

This was the first match in ages I didn't watch a second of, for some reason it just didn't interest me. Might be after the match played last night, which was utterly boring. <_<

It's been far less interesting than one season of clu football, and the knockout stages often don't produce the best matches :(

wow, spain out, france through, theres something i really wasnt expecting!

the 98 final will be reapeted this year's quarter final, and i am sure Brazil will win this game.

the 98 final will be reapeted this year's quarter final, and i am sure Brazil will win this game.

Yes, I'm hoping for the biggest upset in modern football!!! France with their solid defence and capable strikers definately have a chance....

Nop, France don't have the team to compete against Brazil right now, brave though they were against Spain. Brazil are virtually clean through to the final, they are unlikely to blow it. Any of 3 teams can make it in the other half however.

Nop, France don't have the team to compete against Brazil right now, brave though they were against Spain. Brazil are virtually clean through to the final, they are unlikely to blow it. Any of 3 teams can make it in the other half however.

Im afraid its true, but France is the only team able to scare Brazil, too many bad memories.

I hope Brazil wins, I dont like the french team

i dont like both of them, but i hope france wins, so that we can see a new team to win the cup, and not Brazil again.

France is the last team in the world that i would want to win the cup! But on the other hand I'd rather England play France than Brazil

France is the last team in the world that i would want to win the cup! But on the other hand I'd rather England play France than Brazil

Brazil plays more open than France, always attacking, France plays more close, with a very strong defensive line (6 players), waiting for opponent errors, a little like Italy.

For English attacking style Brazil is better because there is more space for english strikers, but the problem is Brazil fire power.

Brazil plays more open than France, always attacking, France plays more close, with a very strong defensive line (6 players), waiting for opponent errors, a little like Italy.

The 2 teams i'de prefer for the finals (France & Italy), i'm not saying it's going to happen, Brazil looks dangerous and dominant yet AGAIN. England needs to up their game to disturb that mix, they certainly have the players...

No real surprises, except one of the teams is very lucky to be through to the quarters IMO. I think you all know which team I'm talking about.

All those 3 deserve to be there. It's the team playing against Ukraine which I object to being in the quarters, but you'll read why in the other World Cup thread.

yes italy are lucky to be there, but we've seen a few times in this tournament that some of the refereeing is pathetic. 1 referee has been sent home and has now stated he will never referee an international again!

Isnt it ironic that Spain thrashed ukraine and now ukraine are in the quarters and spain are back home!

All those 3 deserve to be there. It's the team playing against Ukraine which I object to being in the quarters, but you'll read why in the other World Cup thread.

Oh even if the penalty was unfair you can hardly argue Australia deserved to go through, or that they would have scored in extra time. You saw Italy Holland in Euro 2000, you know what they can do. Even if the decision was wrong, one big wrong decision in favour of each team, Italy took advantage of their's, Australia didn't. That's football, if you're looking for a sport that has near perfect decisions, try chess.

Oh even if the penalty was unfair you can hardly argue Australia deserved to go through, or that they would have scored in extra time. You saw Italy Holland in Euro 2000, you know what they can do. Even if the decision was wrong, one big wrong decision in favour of each team, Italy took advantage of their's, Australia didn't. That's football, if you're looking for a sport that has near perfect decisions, try chess.

I dont think we would mind so much if it was the only bad decision against Australia. But the fact is that we had bad decisions against us every match. It is true that the ref made a bad decision sending off the Italian player but it is also true that that decision didnt cost them the match. The decision he made against Australia effectively gave Italy the game and a place into the next round.

And if the referee hadn't given a late goal against Croatia when Kewell was offside, they would have been through. Since you classify decisions made late in the game separately, according to that argument Australia sohuld never have been in the pre quarters.

Abit of an upset, for me anyways, that Germany beat Argentina. Both played well and they were pretty even throughout the game. The brawl afterwards was pretty crazy though. Italy smashed Ukraine and deserved to go through. Toni took his chances whilst Ukraine were abit unlucky with theirs. Italy had too much space and time on the ball, especially in the midfield and the first phase of the game. Italy v Germany should be a very good game, I really have no idea who will come out on top, but I'll tip Germany as a result of them being on home ground, but they'll have to be on their A game to get through the Italian defence.

Oh even if the penalty was unfair you can hardly argue Australia deserved to go through, or that they would have scored in extra time.
I never said I knew we'd score, however I do believe we deserved to go through to extra time at the bare minimum. Sure Italy had the better chances and defended as a world class team should, however they failed to take their chances, as did we. Look at what they did to Ukraine, they smashed them. We held them for all but 10 seconds and we would have had a strong chance to score in extra time. We still had two substitutions left, are fit and could have played the whole of extra time with no worries, and I felt as though Italy wanted to end it in the 90 minutes. I still believe we deserved to go through, as if we are as bad as you make out, and Italy as good as you make it out to be, then they'd have breezed past us when they had 11 on the pitch.
Even if the decision was wrong, one big wrong decision in favour of each team, Italy took advantage of their's, Australia didn't.

I really don't see how you can compare the decisions. I'd rather have the penalty in the last second than have a man sent off. The Italians are second to none when it comes to defence, so being a man down wouldn't have hindered them as much as it would other teams. Sure we should have probably thrown Aloisi on as soon as Materzzi went off and should have attacked more, I agree, however I don't see how both decisions effected each team equally, that's all.

And if the referee hadn't given a late goal against Croatia when Kewell was offside, they would have been through.

Since the ref missed Simunic rugby tackling Viduka in the box and two blatant handballs in the box, I think we were entitled to having at least one decision go our way. The fact that only 1 referee who refereed an Australia game was selected to take part from the quarters onwards says alot about the quality of refs we had.

I really don't see how you can compare the decisions. I'd rather have the penalty in the last second than have a man sent off.

Sure, so would Croatia, they'd rather have the red card than the late unfair goal. Nobody cried for them unfortunately.

Since the ref missed Simunic rugby tackling Viduka in the box and two blatant handballs in the box, I think we were entitled to having at least one decision go our way. The fact that only 1 referee who refereed an Australia game was selected to take part from the quarters onwards says alot about the quality of refs we had.

I have no idea why the first penalty was given either - a handball would have meant a yellow card, I am not sure there was one. Australia were equally lucky, but the 3 yellows drowned everything out, and everyone could paint Australia as a victim.