Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J_Newtown_V

Where Will JV Drive Next Season

As I viewed the Monaco Grand Prix on French television RFO, a rumor said that in fact JV would probably not be back at BMW next year. Yet, strangely enough, the team that would retain his services would be a team like RBR. JV has said this past week that he wanted BMW to make up their mind and not wait till winter, because his own options would by the same token be diminishing. Moreover, the reporter claimed that a deal, a 2-year package, would be reached in mid-June thus potentially at the Canadian Grand Prix. The reporter added that we gathered from both DM and Toro Rosso

It be pretty cool as a second choice to BMW that JV ended up at RBR. He would be driving a Newey car, gets along great with Coulthard, and JV carefree persona fits the Redbull image perfectly. But as I said BMW should be his first choice since moving around too much does no good for the stability needed to succeed.

It be pretty cool as a second choice to BMW that JV ended up at RBR. He would be driving a Newey car, gets along great with Coulthard, and JV carefree persona fits the Redbull image perfectly. But as I said BMW should be his first choice since moving around too much does no good for the stability needed to succeed.

Coulthard and JV are great friends and i would love to see it happen but unfortuantly Red Bull seem to want at least 1 young driver next season and neither DC or JV qualify for that.

Coulthard and JV are great friends and i would love to see it happen but unfortuantly Red Bull seem to want at least 1 young driver next season and neither DC or JV qualify for that.

you sure do have a point there

As much as I don't see JV there, I really don't know about the "young" driver at Red Bull. Recently read a very good article on Red Bull's next step in marketing and after basicaly having conquered the young age base group in clubs and extreme sports they were now focusing at the 30+ age group. Exactly JV and DC crowd. Their new objective is to gain control of the office areas and replace coffee. So they might want to mid 30 yet still young guys as PR tool......then again I just really don't see it happening so....

i am sure JV will stay at BMW, since until now he has beaten his teammate, but we want from him to continue like this.

Hopefully at BMW! I get a great kick out seeing JV in the "Intel Powered" BMW Sauber F1 Team! feels great to be inside a company with some connection to F1. With what I hear, Intel's involvement is bound to get stronger in the coming years!

Hmm, JV at RBR. That's a thought. I'm rather disappointed to be honest with RBR's performance this year. Last year they were great, and this year with Ferrari engines they positively suck. Anyway, if JV gets to drive for RBR or BMW, he's got a lifelong fan here.

Hmm, JV at RBR. That's a thought. I'm rather disappointed to be honest with RBR's performance this year. Last year they were great, and this year with Ferrari engines they positively suck. Anyway, if JV gets to drive for RBR or BMW, he's got a lifelong fan here.

BMW gives JV a special rear wing for Silverstone...check the pic...It looks like the team do support JV. Now whether this will convert to a race seat next year...well time will tell....

BMW gives JV a special rear wing for Silverstone...check the pic...It looks like the team do support JV. Now whether this will convert to a race seat next year...well time will tell....

Thats very nice of BMW to do that for JV. I hope that BMW sign a one year race deal with JV and then look at giving him the testing position in 2008, thus making way for the impressive Robert Kubica.

Yeah nice of BMW to do that. How it pans out for his future, I don't know. Maybe the pitcrew team like him and the management doesn't. Only they know for sure.

Yeah nice of BMW to do that. How it pans out for his future, I don't know. Maybe the pitcrew team like him and the management doesn't. Only they know for sure.

I don't think BMW management has any problem with JV. You can bet they were fully aware of the new rear wing and gave it the thumbs up. They just need to tie some tin cans to the beemer and really put on a show.

What a waste of advertising space :P

Imagine the vast quantities of fags that could have sold had it said Lucky Strike instead

What a waste of advertising space :P

Imagine the vast quantities of fags that could have sold had it said Lucky Strike instead

Did the team do it or did JV buy the space?

Nice gesture from BMW Sauber with regards to the rear wing.

As for where JV will drive, RBR does seem a strong option. He'll renew acquiantances with Newey and the team should improve significantly as a result. I read that DC could be in talks with Ferrari to replace Massa so JV could be replacing DC instead of being his teammate if that happens (for what it's worth I don't think it will).

JV's other options are to remain with BMW Sauber, which is what I believe he wants, Renault or Toyota. Renault are in the market for a big name driver to replace Alonso and to partner Heikki. Should they fail in their bid to hire Kimi, then JV would be the number 1 contender over anyone else, whilst Toyota could be in the mix as well.

Whatever happens, I just hope it's over soon so we can concentrate 100% on racing.