Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Formula 1 Is Now Boring

Funny how the first 3 races were excellent and now its all Sh#t again! Prob cos Honda have fallen behind massively. We now have just 3 teams challenging and even ferrari and mclaren are being dropped by renault. Not good, not good at all!

:eusa_think:

It's no longer a war of attrition. Alonso hasn't broken down for a whole season :blink: This year's championship is already over in real terms and we're barely half way through :thbdn:

Im lovin every minute of it... Just like Ferrari fans did for 5 years running from 2000 on.

Boring, eh? What do you want, a different winner each race? Go watch NASCAR, ChampCar, DTM or a slew of other lower series. You want team parity? Go watch GP2.

You want the pinnacle of motorsports? You want to see the fruits of one team's hard-earned labor? You want to see one team and driver raise the bar for the rest of the field? You want excellence and dominance?

Try Formula 1.

You people whining about how boring F1 is should watch something else until you are mature enough to appreciate this fine sport, and all it's subtle intricacies.

Let's not forget that F1 is the pinaccle of motorsports but it is still racing.Racing is racing in any form.Could be bicycle race or an F1 race.I dont think things are that wrong in F1, but if we don't see battles and overtaking for P1,2,3 then races are just about as exciting as Kimi's interviews!MS said that the last race was boring even for the drivers!I must say that personally i find it very hard to get bored watching races.But things could have been different,as they were 5-10 years ago.Back then it was still F1 racing!I can't help but blaiming the new rules for making the sport boring for some!There are hardly any battles or raging pilots on the tracks or heroic efforts.The cars minimize the margins for driver errors so not many suprises are expected in a GP.Plenty of points for everyone,2 engine rule etc and all we have is 22 cars trying to have their own races and pit-overtake.Think for instance if the winner got 10 points and the 2nd driver 5 :naughty: !!That would make thinks really spicy!! :D

The only thing that is predictable is that Alonso will probably win. Other than that, F1 is certainly not boring.

PS

DTM and GP2 are both more exciting than F1, yet F1 remains my favourite... I think you should all have a long hard think about why that is so.

The only thing that is predictable is that Alonso will probably win. Other than that, F1 is certainly not boring.

PS

DTM and GP2 are both more exciting than F1, yet F1 remains my favourite... I think you should all have a long hard think about why that is so.

Lets hope that F1 will gain back bored viewers with that particular factor changing!Ferrari is slowly getting there and hopefully everyone here will again be bored the old Schumi-way!!!!! :D

Forza Scuderia :king:

PS

That driver whatsisname who looks like a girl? Grossbog? Iceberg? :P

Lets hope that F1 will gain back bored viewers with that particular factor changing!Ferrari is slowly getting there and hopefully everyone here will again be bored the old Schumi-way!!!!! :D

Forza Scuderia :king:

nah the viewers that stopped watching from schumacher's dominant days are slowely coming back now, seems to be a much larger factor that TV rating will prove.

and yea GP2 is definitly more exciting on the track then F1 but it lacks the substance and character of F1. People are just b****ing that their favourite driver/team is not as competative as they would like, can hardly blame the whole of F1 on that but dosent stop people trying.

nah the viewers that stopped watching from schumacher's dominant days are slowely coming back now, seems to be a much larger factor that TV rating will prove.

and yea GP2 is definitly more exciting on the track then F1 but it lacks the substance and character of F1. People are just b****ing that their favourite driver/team is not as competative as they would like, can hardly blame the whole of F1 on that but dosent stop people trying.

Gp2 is nowhere near F1 and thats not so hard to see!Besides you dont have Ferrari,Mercedes,BMW,Honda,Toyota,high class designers and the worlds finest drivers battling on the track every 2 weeks!F1 also has many turnarounds!Lets just hope that at least the top teams will be up to the challenge to bring spectacle.F1 could have been better though.Of course i stand by everything i stated about "modern F1" earlier! -_-

isnt that exactly what happened in 04, ferrari always won so it was who got second

ur probably right and really i dont find it tht boring either as when ferari dominated coz at least now there is competition and alonso is still winning ..

when ferari dominated they did it with 1-2 finishes half the time which was clearly coz the car was head and heals ahead of evryone else... now its the driver thts causing the difference....