Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Channel Ten

b#####ds schedule the race to be shown 90 minutes late, then it does not start for 15 more minutes, and when it does, you realise that they have send their 2 muppets to silverstone, so we get those clowns doing the commentary instead of ITV.

The only bright spot was Webber going out early, otherwise we would have got 90 minutes of Webber.

Add to that, what an utterly miserable race, and we don't know if it was that way throughout the grid or if it was just the damn Race director, who gave us 50 laps of Alonso :angry:

What an utterly miserable race. :(

Chanel 10 have always annoyed me that they start so late (after advertised time). I think having the Aussie muppett commentators instead of 90 minutes of button c#%p that comes out of itv commentators.

Races are becoming more boring each week

Agree with you 100% Cav, except for the Webber comment as you would expect. :D

:D Well It's either Webber or Button if it was ITv, so that's not really the main problem.

"Ooooh I held my breath there I think they were about to touch" is <_<

Chanel 10 have always annoyed me that they start so late (after advertised time). I think having the Aussie muppett commentators instead of 90 minutes of button c#%p that comes out of itv commentators.

Races are becoming more boring each week

Big Brother can be blamed for this, for at least 3 months anyway. We can live in hope for next year when Channel 10 have no V8 Supercar contract, we might get better coverage. The final qualy session was shown on RPM which I thought was good of them.

Big Brother can be blamed for this, for at least 3 months anyway. We can live in hope for next year when Channel 10 have no V8 Supercar contract, we might get better coverage. The final qualy session was shown on RPM which I thought was good of them.

yes it was good. Even though I knew the result it was good to see the action.

The late start annoyed me but i thought the commentators were actually quite good. They didnt say anything stupid and were quite insightful on occasions.

Not a fan of Leigh or Neil as commentators, luckily the Holland v Serbia & Montenegro World Cup match was on and I flicked channels, missing a fair bit of the race and their dodgy commentary. Them commentating only compounded BB running 15 minutes overtime (again!!!) which really is starting to pi$$ alot of people off.

As for them showing the final session of quali on RPM, it's good, but we really should be getting quali shown in full, preferably live, but since that clashes with the football, even a delayed coverage would sit well with me, straight after the football.

Better coverage to them might mean sending their own commentators to every race. I have had it with those two. Next time I hear them, I am turning off the TV, checking the result online and waiting for the torrent.

Better coverage to them might mean sending their own commentators to every race. I have had it with those two. Next time I hear them, I am turning off the TV, checking the result online and waiting for the torrent.

I dont see why everyone hates them. They arnt that bad really? Sure they talk about Webber alot but no more than the ITV commentators talk about Button. As far as i can remember they didnt say anything factually incorrect or stupid. Cavallino seems to hate most things in life for some reason.

They aren't bad. They are so phenomenally mind bogglingly awful they make the likes of Steve Slater and Chris Goodwin (Star Sports commentators) seem like racing pundits, they make James Allen seem like the Andy Gray of F1. They sound like they are sitting with a television set at a topless beach, halting every few minutes to admire the view. They seem to have no access to timing, a race director, a brain or any device that would make them more informed than a sunday afternoon football mommy telling you about her son's match. They take extreme pains to explain everything that is staring you in the face. The entire race was devoid of a single bit of insight, hell the text commentary you get online is more informative. Australia seems to be passionate about it's motorsports (if not the real ones), is this the quality of commentary that you sit through for 5 hours at Bathurst, is this what V8 supercars fans love to hear??

I dont see why everyone hates them. They arnt that bad really? Sure they talk about Webber alot but no more than the ITV commentators talk about Button. As far as i can remember they didnt say anything factually incorrect or stupid. Cavallino seems to hate most things in life for some reason.

Maybe his name should be changed to 'Grumpy Smurf'?

Some people can't bear a spade being called a spade if the spade is Australian. Australia has the best cricket coverage in the world. Your motorsports commentators suck though, accept it.

Some people can't bear a spade being called a spade if the spade is Australian. Australia has the best cricket coverage in the world. Your motorsports commentators suck though, accept it.

The Australian commentators might not know much about F1 but their commentary for the V8 Supercars is top notch and the entire bathurst coverage is amazing. It could be worse though, imagine Richie Benaud and Ian Healey commentating the formula 1.

Richie would do a top job... Would give Murray Walker a run for his money.

Personally I was a bit "what the **** are these idiots doing commentating?" but I wasn't bothered to much by it all during the race. Made a difference from putting up with that idiot James Allen.

Richie would do a top job... Would give Murray Walker a run for his money.

Richie is the voice of cricket s why not the voice of F1. I think it would be funny to hear.

Your motorsports commentators suck though, accept it.

On this, I agree with you!

Big Brother can be blamed for this

aussief1 why don't you just blame Big Brother for everything..

aussief1 why don't you just blame Big Brother for everything..

Why not ^_^ It exemplifies so many things that are wrong about this world -_-

btw welcome :)

I wish you could hear SPEED channel's commentators in the US. They are a good bunch of guys.