Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Must Be Hard Being Alonso's Team Mate

Giancarlo Fisichella says a Silverstone podium escaped him because of team error.

Renault principal Flavio Briatore admitted on Monday that the Roman driver qualified poorly 'because of our mistake', but did not elaborate.

However, Fisichella - whose runaway teammate Fernando Alonso netted his third win on the trot in England - told an Italian newspaper that his car had been set-up too close to the ground.

''The team's mistake cost me the front row,'' the 33-year-old said, ''otherwise I would have been able to fight with Alonso for the podium.

When will Fisi see that he is nowhere near as good as Alonso... He Should easily have finished ahead of both Shu & Kimi if the Reanult had as much pace as everyone says.

When will Fisi see that he is nowhere near as good as Alonso... He Should easily have finished ahead of both Shu & Kimi if the Reanult had as much pace as everyone says.

At least, is so far Fisico doesn't deliver at Renault. He's barely a good second driver, he's crushed down to pieces by Alonso whatever he says....

Giancarlo Fisichella says a Silverstone podium escaped him because of team error.

Aw Shucks, somebody elses screw up cost you a podium again. He sure goes out of his way to make sure nothing is ever his fault.

Yeah don't believe him, you obviously haven't seen his pace in testing. What was JV's excuse this weekend?

What he said has been ratified by Flavio and the team. The Alonso fans can continue their hero worship, their day in the sun will probably last out this year.

I'd normally be the first to talk bad about Fisi but the fact is his race director said this before him, so it dosent seem like Fisi is passing blame....it's actually the truth :wacko:

Yeah don't believe him, you obviously haven't seen his pace in testing. What was JV's excuse this weekend?

JV doesn't make excuses. He came in 8th NH got 7th. That is about as good as you can expect from the BMW's when all of the front runners finish.

Don't understand why you can't realize Alonso is the real deal. Kicking MS's a## even when Ferrari have a competitive car.

Aw Shucks, somebody elses screw up cost you a podium again. He sure goes out of his way to make sure nothing is ever his fault.

i guess if he remains in renault next year he wont have any excuses eh....

Don't understand why you can't realize Alonso is the real deal. Kicking MS's a## even when Ferrari have a competitive car.

Ferrari have had a faster car in one race this season - 2 if you include Monaco. Renault are running a one driver one car team - how the hell can you screw up the car setup on Saturday so that Fisi's car bottoms out, and then have to run higher tyre pressures as a compromise? Either they are a bunch of incompetent bunglers, or they run a one driver team.

Ferrari have had a faster car in one race this season - 2 if you include Monaco. Renault are running a one driver one car team - how the hell can you screw up the car setup on Saturday so that Fisi's car bottoms out, and then have to run higher tyre pressures as a compromise? Either they are a bunch of incompetent bunglers, or they run a one driver team.

i doubt they are incompetent... they won 6/8 races this year... i think they just dun like fish...

As much as I criticize Fisi, this was truly not his fault. He did well in the race to look fast compared to Kimi considering too high of tyre pressures make your car feel like it's driving on ice.

Some relevant quotes: Friday practice (setting up for qualifying and race)

Giancarlo Fisichella "I didn't really get much of a feel for things today - I only did one timed lap, had a spin at Stowe, and then a problem that kept me in the garage for the rest of the session. We are not worried though: the problem will be fixed for tomorrow, and we have done a lot of testing here as well so we know the circuit. Obviously, conditions are quite different to what we saw in testing, but Fernando's work means we know the direction we need. So not really a busy day for me - but we are still confident of being competitive."

Pat Symonds, Executive Director of Engineering: "As is so often the case when we come to a circuit at which we have already tested extensively, the weather and track conditions were significantly different to those we had prepared in. From what we could see on the TV monitors, though, we were not the only ones suffering from oversteer today. Giancarlo's running was restricted by a small car problem, but it is not a worry: we had planned a light programme as we have plenty of data about the circuit, and his engine will also have to complete a demanding race in Montreal in two weeks' time. As for Fernando, he worked to try and improve the oversteering car balance. While we made improvements, there is still some way to go."

Fisi's car obviously had problems that limited it's running before qualifying, forcing the team to use Fernando's set-up. A mistake was made when setting it up and the ride height was too low. I can easily see this problem going somewhat unnoticed in the hectic qualifying session. Fisi's says that due to the parc ferme rule he was not able to change the car means that he identified the problem during qualifying but could do nothing about it. Here's his quote about qualifying:

Giancarlo Fisichella: "We made some changes to the car before qualifying and the car was on an edge in the first sector. I couldn't attack the quick corners properly and I was losing time in the first sector. So fifth is a bit disappointing, because we had a front row car today. Even so, I am still in a strong position, and very optimistic for tomorrow's race."

Draw what conclusions you want, but there's enough here for me to say it was a team error. Just one more bit of bad luck for Fisi... -_-

The team themselves said it was team error so it was team error, end of story except for the conspiracy theorists.

Hopefully the quotes will ease the conspiracy theories, but probably not.. -_-

No conspiracy theories in my posts.

I just pointed out it must be hard to be Alonso's team mate, and that Fisi is quick to point the finger at his crew for screwing up his race, and costing him a podium. I don't think I have ever heard MS point the finger at his crew. MS and JV say things like we had problem that was unfortunate, Fisi says" They screwed up my race and I would have had a podium if it was not for their incompetence. I am as good as Alonso, really I am".

I never once said that it was not his crews fault. The whole point of the post was to point out Fisi eagerness to pin the problem on someone else. Not exactly the trait of a good leader or team player. I think this is another clear signal that he is gone from this team next year.

I think the hardes part about being FA's teammate is that you have to deal with Briatore. The reason why I said that is because Briatore is known to play favorite. He'll give full attention to the main driver. Back then it was Micheal, now it's Fernando. The funny thing is that both left him, or will leave him.

I can see Briatore's reasons in this case though. It's like dedicating the team to the driver that can win races and continuously win points, or even championships, and Fisi is a bit inconsistent. Well I don't think much of Fisi. He is a good driver, but he's also a cry baby.

No conspiracy theories in my posts.

I just pointed out it must be hard to be Alonso's team mate, and that Fisi is quick to point the finger at his crew for screwing up his race, and costing him a podium. I don't think I have ever heard MS point the finger at his crew. MS and JV say things like we had problem that was unfortunate, Fisi says" They screwed up my race and I would have had a podium if it was not for their incompetence. I am as good as Alonso, really I am".

I never once said that it was not his crews fault. The whole point of the post was to point out Fisi eagerness to pin the problem on someone else. Not exactly the trait of a good leader or team player. I think this is another clear signal that he is gone from this team next year.

I agree that this is his tendency of late. I've also noticed that all drivers worried about their jobs tend to do this.

I agree that this is his tendency of late. I've also noticed that all drivers worried about their jobs tend to do this.

Indeed

What he said has been ratified by Flavio and the team. The Alonso fans can continue their hero worship, their day in the sun will probably last out this year.

Wow... Fisi got screwed over.... Its a shame that he comes up with some excuse almost everytime Alonso beats him, which means he is coming up with 17 excuses a year.

He's not lying... THIS time....

He reminds me of Barrichello @ Ferrari... always had some problem...

when his team boss himself admitted it was not fisis fault i wonder why do alonso's fans continue slamming fisi...i doubt they would do this next year if kimi becomes his team mate! :eusa_think::mf_tongue:

who knows! Kimi is very fast though so I think he would be leading the championship

yep! :clap3:

Renault are running a one driver one car team

So true.....Fisi is the Renault love child this year...guess they figure Alonso does his thing no matter what so they need to cheerlead Fisi so they can secure the constructers, doubt any other team pays even half the attention to their 2nd driver like Renault does. If they only cared about Alonso he wouldnt of had twice as much fuel for the Malaysia qualifying (Fisi just takes the brunt of the bad luck but Alonso isent immune to it) and would have been better prepared for the european GP, Alonso would be 80/80 running a perfect game :naughty: