Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

JPM

why, are u scared?

No. I have no doubt that DC would beat him. I like both Coulthard and Klien and i would hate for Montoya to replace either of them as i feel he is F1's arshole.

No. I have no doubt that DC would beat him. I like both Coulthard and Klien and i would hate for Montoya to replace either of them as i feel he is F1's arshole.

no way, f1 has plenty of arseholes but JPM is great, he's funny and speaks his mind smiles unlike most other drivers!

hey he's not doing that badly. He's got about 26 points to kimi's 33 and is only a tiny bit slower than kimi. If he was consistently faster than kimi, everyone would want to sign him and kimi would look rubbish. Remember, he's doing better against kimi than DC was doing in 2004

This is true... He did well in Monaco this season. He may not be one of the best 3 drivers in F1 but he's certainly no mug.

This is true... He did well in Monaco this season. He may not be one of the best 3 drivers in F1 but he's certainly no mug.

most other drivers would do a lot worse as a team-mate to raikkonen at mclaren

most other drivers would do a lot worse as a team-mate to raikkonen at mclaren

Definately!

JPM has never really impressed me altough he had some stunning drives and I don't take that away from him but for me he just doesn't have Champion material in him!!

He is cool character but too outspoken you can't always say whats on your mind and that might cost him sometime!

Is he a excellent driver?No doubt.Is he a Worldchapion?Nope!!

Mock, perhaps you, being a JPM fan, can explain to us why you support him?

I've followed him since his CART days and I was sometimes impressed with him and sometimes not. It's my opinion that he is one of the many mid-level drivers that needs his car to be perfect before extracting any kind of speed out of it. He's also an oversteer driver and with the current cars tending to understeer, perhaps he just can't get the hang of it. Perhaps he's having trouble sorting out the TC.

Rumors have him already gone from McLaren. I don't fully believe that, but his performances have been dismal enough that I don't fully disbelieve it.

what you said, goes also actually with Fernando Alonso. With the exception that he has perfect car. Next year with Mclaren I am sure we will see his performance dropping

I have to agree Alonso will have a drop in performance with Mclaren.Altough Merc is moving in the right direction.Any idea where Raikonen is going?

I have to agree Alonso will have a drop in performance with Mclaren.Altough Merc is moving in the right direction.Any idea where Raikonen is going?

That is the ultimate question that holds the key to everything

what you said, goes also actually with Fernando Alonso. With the exception that he has perfect car. Next year with Mclaren I am sure we will see his performance dropping

who knows maybe next year they will have better reliability and Alonso will win more, but it is defenately going to be easier for Bridgstone Ferrari to do better then Mclaren.

Rubbish!

I think that also Montoya would rule the World championship with the car like Renault. he is fast when the car is perfect...

A true test of a driver is if they can perform well in cars which are not perfect. Senna was great at this as he managed to compete for the championship in a car which certainly wasnt the fastest.

I true test of a driver is if they can perform well in cars which are not perfect. Senna was great at this as he managed to compete for the championship in a car which certainly wasnt the fastest.

That is so true. There are guys who are never fast, some drivers are fast with a good car, and some few drivers even when the car is not perfect... Senna sure was one of them.

It's what seperates the good from the great. The good will get a half decent results in bad cars, the great will score podiums and wins with them. Senna did that, and more, he's a great, along with a few others.

It's what seperates the good from the great. The good will get a half decent results in bad cars, the great will score podiums and wins with them. Senna did that, and more, he's a great, along with a few others.

YES, I do agree with this... Senna was THE greatest!

YES, I do agree with this... Senna was THE greatest!

I think also Gilles Villeneuve was awesome!

But certainly the statictics are not always telling everything, when you just see some guys driving you know they have something the others don't

I think also Gilles Villeneuve was awesome!

But certainly the statictics are not always telling everything, when you just see some guys driving you know they have something the others don't

:clap3:

Go to the video thread somewhere in the Historical section on this forum....good Senna and Gilles video.

EDIT: I'm rating this thread with one more star just because that line is in it ;)

After seeing him drive like a madman in canada, I have no faith in his race acumen. He was driving a like a rookie. Watching him overtake cars is always great, but watching him make mistakes left, right and center, it shows that his problem is in his head....

I will shave my head and tattoo his face on my bald head if BMW sign Montoya!

jpm belongs somewhere in f1 but he makes too many mistakes, i think he must race a lil more carefull like his team mate who despite wheel to wheel battle comes out with a car with no scar.