Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eduan

Kimi: Ferrari Or Renault??

I believe you have misinterprted my comments. When I said "aside from Micheal or Kimi" I meant that Micheal or Kimi WOULD dominate in the Renault or any other car. I just don't believe any OTHER driver could do what those 3 could do. B)

:eusa_think: really? am sorry man!!!!

I'm praying for them to become teammates. I want to see this particular debate ended, one way or the other. I speak well of Alonso because I admire his talent. If he gets destroyed by Kimi, I'll admire Kimi's talent and be critical of Alonso. I call it like I see it.

I, however, don't think Alonso will get destroyed by Kimi.

Alonso won't be destroyed any more than Montoya

looks like all these ferrari-dreams from journalists and fans were completely wrong and nonsense (which makes me very happy cause i never bought the ferrari-news)

there is also said that redbull team will get renault-engines and for that giving kovalainen the 2nd race-seat in the team with most likely dc (klien seems to be out) as a partner.

next fact, schumi will stay (at least) 1 more year at ferrari.

question: did he blocked kimis transfer or didnt kimi want to drive next to schumacher in the team?

of course this is all very good news for massa who will continue at ferrari.

Anyone who thinks Michael will win the WDC this year has been eating too much cheese. When a driver has this much lead with this much of a car advantage and displays the sort of unflappable confidence as Alonso does it's game over. I don't like it but the game is over.

So, Michael will stay for one more year. He will because it will eat him up if he retires as demoted and Monaco disgraced. He will bank on the tyre ruling and on Alonso being Woking bound. The fly in the ointment would be Kimi in a Renault. Regardless of the pay, that is where he should go. I'm sure he would drive for nothing to get a great car and a sniff at a much deserved WDC.

Alonso won't be destroyed any more than Montoya

I trust you'll be around long enough for me to quote you on that? ;)

Anyone who thinks Michael will win the WDC this year has been eating too much cheese. When a driver has this much lead with this much of a car advantage and displays the sort of unflappable confidence as Alonso does it's game over. I don't like it but the game is over.

So, Michael will stay for one more year. He will because it will eat him up if he retires as demoted and Monaco disgraced. He will bank on the tyre ruling and on Alonso being Woking bound. The fly in the ointment would be Kimi in a Renault. Regardless of the pay, that is where he should go. I'm sure he would drive for nothing to get a great car and a sniff at a much deserved WDC.

If you think Alonso has won already you have made a big mistake!

Schumacher is still in it with along shot!!

Maybe I have eaten cheese and not alot because I believe he can do it and I dont care what who says if alonso doesnt finnish 2 races michael will be 3 points behind him and Alonso got a bit jumpy when his championship comes under pressure.Canada 2005 is a good example.Schumi can still be Worldchamp and he has the car to do it!

If you think Alonso has won already you have made a big mistake!

Schumacher is still in it with along shot!!

Maybe I have eaten cheese and not alot because I believe he can do it and I dont care what who says if alonso doesnt finnish 2 races michael will be 3 points behind him and Alonso got a bit jumpy when his championship comes under pressure.Canada 2005 is a good example.Schumi can still be Worldchamp and he has the car to do it!

Michael's car is not on the same level as the Renault. If he manages his 8th championship, it will be down to his driving an almost-perfect car perfectly.

Michael's car is not on the same level as the Renault. If he manages his 8th championship, it will be down to his driving an almost-perfect car perfectly.

Thats true unfortunately.Niki Lauda estimated the Renault being 0.5-0.6 secs per lap quicker than the 2nd fastest car!I hope its not true and if it is not for long!!A performance advantage like this is hard to deal with. :eusa_think: Thank god MS is still around :king:

Thats true unfortunately.Niki Lauda estimated the Renault being 0.5-0.6 secs per lap quicker than the 2nd fastest car!I hope its not true and if it is not for long!!A performance advantage like this is hard to deal with. :eusa_think: Thank god MS is still around :king:

That's why this is the pinnacle. Monumental effort is needed to win. Long may it be this way...

Renault man joins McLaren

21/06/2006

A little birdy tells Pitpass that Nicolas Hennel de Beaupreau, former project engineer in the aerodynamic department at Renault, and formerly with Benetton, has joined McLaren.

According to Pitpass' sources this is the first of several key signings for the Woking outfit which in addition to seeking out new talent is also keen to fill a number of vacancies following swoops from a team a little further down the pitlane.

Expect further announcements in the coming weeks.

"www.pitpass.com article"

If Kimi is of to Renault, i pray this is not true.

I know this has been said many times before on this and other forums, but I really hope Kimi stays at McLaren, Two of the brightest young F1 stars on equal machinery. Ofcourse the Alonso fans will bitch after Kimi shows him his place.....but it would be good to watch, As for Schumi and Ferrari, after what Schumi has been upto lately he is better off having a tame kid as a team mate....

I know this has been said many times before on this and other forums, but I really hope Kimi stays at McLaren, Two of the brightest young F1 stars on equal machinery. Ofcourse the Alonso fans will bitch after Kimi shows him his place.....but it would be good to watch, As for Schumi and Ferrari, after what Schumi has been upto lately he is better off having a tame kid as a team mate....

So...what would happen if Alonso out-paces Kimi...would the Kimi fans acknowlege Alonso's speed or would they come up with excuses? :eusa_think:

So...what would happen if Alonso out-paces Kimi...would the Kimi fans acknowlege Alonso's speed or would they come up with excuses? :eusa_think:

If Alonso out paces Kimi, then woops, Kimi fans are toast, as Kimi knows the characteristics of the Mclaren and the team. Think of it as the situation Button fans have been in for the past 3 or 4 races, with RB out pacing button.... :eusa_think:

I've thought of one excuse for the Kimi fans. McLaren has just hired Renault aerodynamicist Nicolas Hennel de Beaupreau. If Alonso out-paces Kimi then it could be said that Hennel has designed a car strictly for Alonso. ;)

I've thought of one excuse for the Kimi fans. McLaren has just hired Renault aerodynamicist Nicolas Hennel de Beaupreau. If Alonso out-paces Kimi then it could be said that Hennel has designed a car strictly for Alonso. ;)

good one, to counter that Alonso fans would say that the cooler air deflecting off the helmet of the "iceman" kimi would feed cooler, denser air into the airbox and generate more horsepower, Alonso being the "hot spainard" similarly loses out on top end speed because of all the hot air rising from his head!.... :naughty:

good one, to counter that Alonso fans would say that the cooler air deflecting off the helmet of the "iceman" kimi would feed cooler, denser air into the airbox and generate more horsepower, Alonso being the "hot spainard" similarly loses out on top end speed because of all the hot air rising from his head!.... :naughty:

:lol:

Here we go again, Kimi is not going to stay at Mclaren. Why don't people believe me :(

No prophet is ever heeded until after the volcano blows... ;)

I trust you'll be around long enough for me to quote you on that? ;)

You can count on it :)

That is interesting. However, I think Mclaren's problem is more reliability than speed...

good one! :clap3:

That is interesting. However, I think Mclaren's problem is more reliability than speed...

McLaren's problem is the same as a few other teams...too much understeer. That will, I assume, be fixed with Hennel's input. Renault have got a very neutral car and perhaps Hennel will help McLaren to emulate that.

Renault boss wants Raikkonen

18 July 2006

For months everyone has been speculating over where Kimi Raikkonen will race in 2007. The Finnish driver has endured a difficult season at McLaren and his current contract expires at the end of the season.

Fernando Alonso will join McLaren next season from Renault, but the Woking-based team has not clarified who will be his team mate. Latest reports are suggesting that Alonso could do a switch with Raikkonen. Renault has now revealed Raikkonen is an interesting option for them for next season.

"It is not a secret that we are talking with Raikkonen, he is a priority to us. If we could come to an agreement we would be very satisfied because we would have signed one of the greatest drivers at the moment and apart from that he is still very young," Renault president Alain Dassas told the French media during a lunch.

Speaking about Renault's current Finn, Heikki Kovalainen, Dassas said about his option to race at Renault next season: "To have a driver without experience like him would be a risk. In the current Formula 1 series you need fast results and that can be a problem for a newcomer."

I hope renault is still on top next year...

McLaren's problem is the same as a few other teams...too much understeer. That will, I assume, be fixed with Hennel's input. Renault have got a very neutral car and perhaps Hennel will help McLaren to emulate that.

when it comes to building unreliable cars, Mclaren is in their own league.

Under or oversteering is not a problem to Kimi, he can run bath with wheels, if it is just fast enough...

Only problem is, that the car doens't last to finish line. Also 30 second tyre changes are a bit problematic in motorsport...