Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Fisichella Stays With Renault

He doesnt deserve the renault seat. I think the other driver will be heikki kovalainen!

I'm happy for him. He's not on alonso's level but he's had so much rotten luck mainly in 2005 and he's a nice guy (off the track!). Renault could do a lot worse

thats bullsh|t, i was shocked too when i saw this news, i dont know what is renault doing, they never support fisi as well as alonso and now they re-signed him new contract? I think his teammate will be kovalainen

I don't think Fisi will shine next year - also if Heiki pairs him he can't be a immediate substitute to alonso -in which the renault will struggle for championship next year

I think Renault made FA look even better by ignoring their second driver. Don't get me wrong, I think FA is a great and fast driver. But if you look back to 2004, Jarno Trulli out shines FA in the first part of the year. He out qualify and out raced FA all the time. Even took the Manoco race. Aftewards, his pace just drops off dramatically. Even in 2005, Fisi took the first race and after that he just drop off the pace, and one race they changed his front nose when it wasn't necessary. Well Briatore is known to favor one driver over the other so I think Fisi can do pretty well if he was given the same treatment as FA. But Fisi needs to stop being a cry baby and stop B!tching about everything.

I think Renault made FA look even better by ignoring their second driver. Don't get me wrong, I think FA is a great and fast driver. But if you look back to 2004, Jarno Trulli out shines FA in the first part of the year. He out qualify and out raced FA all the time. Even took the Manoco race. Aftewards, his pace just drops off dramatically. Even in 2005, Fisi took the first race and after that he just drop off the pace, and one race they changed his front nose when it wasn't necessary. Well Briatore is known to favor one driver over the other so I think Fisi can do pretty well if he was given the same treatment as FA. But Fisi needs to stop being a cry baby and stop B!tching about everything.

just to point out that both FA and Trulli arrived at Monaco with the same amounts of points, so Jarno had not outshined Alonso. He did got more point that Alonso in the US and Monaco GP both also to the fact that Alonso DNFs both.

renault havent really got any decent alternatives

Could be more like Flavio has not got a better (moneymaker) replacement than Fishi at the rate of coin that could be squeezed out of Renault F1 Team.

In my opinion Webber probably could not be signed as that would put three Flavio's drivers on the team without much success from any of them as of yet , the Renault management must be pressing for another driver of their liking in the light of this fact.

Whom could they get ? Trulli ...no (bad blood as it were) ...Webber I doubt as before-but Frank Williams can still hold on to the option of re-signing him til July so there is still a chance of pulling him into the Team.

Massa ??? hmmm..., but that would mean Kimi to Ferrari [Which could be known by Flavio, hence the total low cost driver selection as the 2007 Championship is pre-lost in his opinion] Maybe D.C. or J.V. ?? Wurz is probably not likely or available.

J.P.M. the secrective dark horse if the price is right .... still have to wait and see

just to point out that both FA and Trulli arrived at Monaco with the same amounts of points, so Jarno had not outshined Alonso. He did got more point that Alonso in the US and Monaco GP both also to the fact that Alonso DNFs both.

You're right that in 04 Trulli and Alonso head to Monaco with 21 points each. However Trulli finished on top of Alonso more often. Trulli out pace Alonso in Malay, Bahrain, and Spain before winning Monaco. Before Monaco there were 5 race and Trulli top Alonso 3 out of 5 times. Not to include the Eurpean GP too. So in 7 GP Trulli has top Alonso 5 of the 7. If you don't want to count Monaco then it's 4 out of 6. That's why I think that FA WDC is more car then driver.

Other's might agree, or dissagree but that's where I base my thinking on. www.f1.com has the past info and that's where I get these information from.

You're right that in 04 Trulli and Alonso head to Monaco with 21 points each. However Trulli finished on top of Alonso more often. Trulli out pace Alonso in Malay, Bahrain, and Spain before winning Monaco. Before Monaco there were 5 race and Trulli top Alonso 3 out of 5 times. Not to include the Eurpean GP too. So in 7 GP Trulli has top Alonso 5 of the 7. If you don't want to count Monaco then it's 4 out of 6. That's why I think that FA WDC is more car then driver.

Other's might agree, or dissagree but that's where I base my thinking on. www.f1.com has the past info and that's where I get these information from.

I think with a car like Renault also Kovalainen can succeed. He is not Raikkonen, more like Montoya or Alonso... Not mentally very strong in hard place, but when the car is very good, he is fast and reliable.

On quali Trulli was better, but Alonso made more places up during the race. After all both reached Monaco with the same points. But I belief that 2004 was a down to earth season for him, specially since the 2003 season were he became the youngest pole setter, fast lap (at the time) and gp winner.

On quali Trulli was better, but Alonso made more places up during the race. After all both reached Monaco with the same points. But I belief that 2004 was a down to earth season for him, specially since the 2003 season were he became the youngest pole setter, fast lap (at the time) and gp winner.

Well I do admit that Alonso is fast, if not then he wouldn't be our current F-1 WDC. It's just that I think that he's not at the level where his teammate can't touch him. Well we're straying away from the point of this post. I don't like Fisi so much because he just B!tch and complains to much. But like someone said, what other choice do they have? Is it wise to pair up their test driver with Mark Webber, or is it better to pair up Webber with Fisi? I guess Fisi just got lucky that he gets to keep the seat for another year.

I'm happy for him. He's not on alonso's level but he's had so much rotten luck mainly in 2005 and he's a nice guy (off the track!). Renault could do a lot worse

oh really? nice guy who curses in the pitlane on TV?

Well Renault, you've just signed a waste of space... whats the bet he has a performance clause in his contract?

Indeed, they should have signed that driver who put in a sterling performance at the end of 2004 in a Renault, I forget his name.

I think Renault wants him there for exspierence but I think it was not a good option.Championship wise!

In the midst of all this Fisi has no excuse now that there is not enough attention in 2007!!

Well I am surprised. I can only guess that they needed the continuity Fisi would bring with Alonso known to be leaving the show. It is a one year deal, so nothing long term. He is not a bad driver, just not a really good one.

As for the shot about JV in the Renault for four races in 2004, at least JV was able to match Alonso's pace by the end of the term there. He constantly got better, which Fisi has yet to do. Brilliant one race, god awful the next.

Still if you are a FISI fan I am happy for you. There is nothing wrong with supporting your favorite, and when your favorite secures a ride it is certainly worth celebrating.

Still if you are a FISI fan I am happy for you. There is nothing wrong with supporting your favorite, and when your favorite secures a ride it is certainly worth celebrating.

Well said :clap3::clap3::clap3:

As for the shot about JV in the Renault for four races in 2004, at least JV was able to match Alonso's pace by the end of the term there. He constantly got better, which Fisi has yet to do. Brilliant one race, god awful the next.

It was in response to a certain JV fan. Glass houses and stones, who do you think is the better driver at BMW this year?

edit: Oh boy now a Sato fan. That counts as a paper house.