Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chaide

What About Mansell?

How it is possile than being this a site about historical f1 written in english nobody talk about N.mansell the craziest and better british driver of the last 30 years?

Because Mansell only won the championship once and he complained about his team amtes everytime.When he was at Ferrari he complained that Prost got more of the team's support!!

Nigel was a great driver but not a historical driver!If you want to speak about historical British champs what about Jackie Stewart,Jim Clark, Stirling Moss.Those are champs of Britain!! :huh:

hunt.jpg

3 great drivers in one shot.

I challenge people to name them! I'll even give a hint:

J.H.

N.L.

C.R.

And Mansell would rank as historical, just as Senna would. Check out the video thread, I think I've put some Mansell stuff up there. Mansell was a whiner but one helluva driver. Name me another driver that cared enough about getting points that he literally pushed his car across the finish line, collapsing as he did so...?

J.H.

N.L.

C.R.

And Mansell would rank as historical, just as Senna would. Check out the video thread, I think I've put some Mansell stuff up there. Mansell was a whiner but one helluva driver. Name me another driver that cared enough about getting points that he literally pushed his car across the finish line, collapsing as he did so...?

Yea Mansell was/is one heck of a driver!He was always the excuse-making driver etc but his abilities were much more noticeable than that aspect of his character!Great fighting spirit!

Indeed. You would hear him on the radio b!tching about something or the other then pull off the most daring lap you've ever seen!! In those CART videos I posted, you can hear him complaining (rightly so) about massive pain in his back while still pushing to the limit.

He's the epitome of the british fighting spirit. Almost makes me wish I were british!

And at the first GPMasters race he said just before that he was ill and would be racing half blind and with pain in the stomach!!!Then he went out and won it! :P

He'll steamroller the GP Masters series. Just my opinion. He still has the hunger.

J.H.

N.L.

C.R.

1. James Hunt

2. Niki Lauda

3. Clay Razzigoni(spelling)

One think about these historical drivers...

I think that those days the cars were much more difficult to drive than nowadays, so that pushing the car to limit was much more difficult and also much more dangerous. I think also the characters of the best drivers were different from today, it was not about 'saving your engines' or 'taking it for sure' in the races. That made them real legends, they were daredevils :D

Saw him on Top Gear. Smug b#####d felt like punching him so hard :angry:

1. James Hunt

2. Niki Lauda

3. Clay Razzigoni(spelling)

Regazzoni. I went to all that trouble to find a successful interesting sounding Williams driver for the Batracer game only to end up in BMW :(

Saw him on Top Gear. Smug b#####d felt like punching him so hard :angry:

Regazzoni. I went to all that trouble to find a successful interesting sounding Williams driver for the Batracer game only to end up in BMW :(

Whats wrong with BMW?

I've always thought that way about Nige.

Most of the f1 drivers give a pretty good account of themselves on top gear, even Vettel was quite funny and endearing when he was on there.

J.H.

N.L.

C.R.

That's never Christian Ronaldo - is it? smile.png

That's never Christian Ronaldo - is it? smile.png

It never is. Guys out playing with balls and kicking balls and hitting balls with sticks just don't have the balls to sit with those three. :)

what about the little check mark that denotes weather or not you posted on one of the posts. that si the pima cause i cant remember half the post i made and which ones.. and which forums.. damnit

what about the little check mark that denotes weather or not you posted on one of the posts. that si the pima cause i cant remember half the post i made and which ones.. and which forums.. damnit

Uhhhh..... Hello?