Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Michael Or Alonso

Michael or Alonso  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Given equal machinery, who is the better driver

• Michael Schumacher
    • Fernandon Alonso

Schumacher not by a long shot.I think Schumi will be quicker though some say he is over the hill but he showed us this year that he still has some speed in him!! :P

given equal machinery, who is the better driver ?

according to me, right now even though i think alonso is more talented and younger than micheal, i still think micheal has the upper had mainly due to fitness,experience and the hunger to win more....i still think it would have made more sense if you could have included kimi in the list! ...anyways i voted for micheal though i prefer alonso winning(to micheal)

I got a question. Better..... when?

Are we comparing Schu at 25 with Alonso at 25 or do we wait for Alonso to be 37 so we can compare him then to the current Schu?

Both are different you know

Are we comparing Schu at 25 with Alonso at 25 or do we wait for Alonso to be 37 so we can compare him then to the current Schu?

schu at 25 against alonso is no contest. We're talking about alonso now and schu now

not then and not now!!! :D . But any arguments regarding this is pointless!The best question would be "Who's your favorite driver of the two"!!! B)

We haven't seen Fernando race as much as M$. I would say that right now, M$ is the best all-around driver, with about three others on the grid with the potential to rise to his level, given an equal number of years.

Irrelevant. Alonso could not have done that Monaco drive, he has nothing in his career to show that he could have. He isnot going to have it al his way forever. Michael.

Irrelevant. Alonso could not have done that Monaco drive, he has nothing in his career to show that he could have. He isnot going to have it al his way forever. Michael.

That Monaco drive came after many, many years in the sport. Judge Alonso after an equal number of years. Speculation on the future is pointless.

I could have sworn I saw Hungary 2003 there :lol:

Spa '95

Me too!!!But i prefer not to make anything out of it!I never thought that win as an achievement!Nevertheless is interesting how after FA has "proven himself" so much as to be named "the greatest ever" by a few in here and 13 victories,WDC etc. everyone always say "Hungary 2003".Seems i 'm not the only who is still waiting to see more from FA!!

Without wishing to sound like a smug antagonist, the only way you can objectively decide an argument is with proof. The only way you can prove this argument is by putting them in the same car. That aint gonna happen.

All that will happen is that the Michael lovers will fight one corner whilst the Alonsovians will fight the other.

(BTW, Michael, obviously).

Everyone is going to say 'well obviously, this is a Michael Schumacher Fan's responce after all' but it is good to have a view from fans from both sides plus impartial ones. Michael obviously because he is an amazing driver. I wish we had seasons like '97 again where slicks were in and there was much closer racing and maybe no traction control to so we see drivers sliding around and making mistakes. If we look back on Michael's greatest drives I don't think we are going to see Alonso do things like that because he isn't a proper racer. Damage limitation isn't what drivers should be thinking about - they should be thinking about winning and only winning. This is why Alonso doesn't mount up to the likes or Michael Schumacher or Kimi Raikkonen. In the end of the day if you are on that grid and you call yourself a real racer then you are out to win. No matter if you are in a Midland or a McLaren or no matter the circumstances or the ability of the car - you should be out there to win.

Interesting side spin.

Lets take both cases.....

Everyone is going to say 'well obviously, this is a Michael Schumacher Fan's responce after all' but it is good to have a view from fans from both sides plus impartial ones. Michael obviously because he is an amazing driver. I wish we had seasons like '97 again where slicks were in and there was much closer racing and maybe no traction control to so we see drivers sliding around and making mistakes. If we look back on Michael's greatest drives I don't think we are going to see Alonso do things like that because he isn't a proper racer. Damage limitation isn't what drivers should be thinking about - they should be thinking about winning and only winning. This is why Alonso doesn't mount up to the likes or Michael Schumacher or Kimi Raikkonen. In the end of the day if you are on that grid and you call yourself a real racer then you are out to win. No matter if you are in a Midland or a McLaren or no matter the circumstances or the ability of the car - you should be out there to win.

Sounds like someone didnt watch japan and china 2005 when he was fighting for the constructors championship, Alonso got the maximium out of the R25 that a doubt anyone else could have. He's just more intelligent and has more control of his championship to only run the car ragged when he needs to, he gets the maximium point's he can and put's pressure on others to force them to make mistakes which others cant seem to do. It's not Alonso's fault others arent putting up enough of a challenge to make him desperate for win's :king: . Go read the thread about how many point's MS stupidly threw away this season while Alonso was driving flawlessly, really show's who is in more control and leaves a 7 times champion making rookie mistakes and being desperate enough to try and cheat like Monaco, it's rather fun to watch.

Ofcourse i'm sure people will still want F1 races to be won on who sets the fastest lap :rolleyes: , face it F1 drivers need to manage their race.....i'm sure they need to do it even in nascar......give up on F1 if your think it's all about Flat out speed, go watch some kind of drag racing championship so you wont be so dissappointed :yawn:

I think Alonso would win it if they were given this chance now, however at the same age I think MS would have the edge... just.

Down to who wants it more than skill as well, MS will do almost anything to win, and while you can say in some topics that is very unsportingly of him, I think it gives him that little bit extra on the track.

Sounds like someone didnt watch japan and china 2005 when he was fighting for the constructors championship, Alonso got the maximium out of the R25 that a doubt anyone else could have. He's just more intelligent and has more control of his championship to only run the car ragged when he needs to, he gets the maximium point's he can and put's pressure on others to force them to make mistakes which others cant seem to do. It's not Alonso's fault others arent putting up enough of a challenge to make him desperate for win's :king: . Go read the thread about how many point's MS stupidly threw away this season while Alonso was driving flawlessly, really show's who is in more control and leaves a 7 times champion making rookie mistakes and being desperate enough to try and cheat like Monaco, it's rather fun to watch.

Ofcourse i'm sure people will still want F1 races to be won on who sets the fastest lap :rolleyes: , face it F1 drivers need to manage their race.....i'm sure they need to do it even in nascar......give up on F1 if your think it's all about Flat out speed, go watch some kind of drag racing championship so you wont be so dissappointed :yawn:

Looks like you 've missed quite a lot of races as well :D !I won't even bother to comment!Anyway your "arguments" are your personal views, not facts!

We haven't seen Fernando race as much as M$. I would say that right now, M$ is the best all-around driver, with about three others on the grid with the potential to rise to his level, given an equal number of years.

I agree.

Excellent!! :thbup: I couldn't agree more!!!

Nowadays, Alonso!

It does not matter at what point in their career you compare them. People will have different opinions depending on what they think are the more important aspects of greatness. Shu has always been an exceptional racer and Alonso is likewise. However in some people's eyes Shu has also always been a cheat and those people will always believe that fact diminishes his achevements!

In my view all the drivers, with very few exceptions, are great, they have skills in a car that are so far beyond most of us we find it amazing just to watch them. How many of us could do half of what even the worst driver does? Sure, sometimes we have favorites and sometimes one or two drivers do boneheaded things and we will all scream about it... but come on WOW what they do with a race car!!!

:)

Some interesting observations obscured by propaganda. Pray explain the bit in bold.