Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

A Moment Of Reason

You base the 'fast cars find their own level' theory of mine by looking at lap times, not grid positions.

A car capable of running, say, a 1:16 lap should be able to pass all slower cars until it is dicing with the other 1:16 cars. Certain tracks make this difficult because of the nature of the track, but you would expect a Ferrari to have the grip and speed to pass both Aguris, both Midlands and both Torro Rossos with ease. That would be 6 cars the Ferrari has overtaken, but it would be hardly a feat.

You base the 'fast cars find their own level' theory of mine by looking at lap times, not grid positions.

A car capable of running, say, a 1:16 lap should be able to pass all slower cars until it is dicing with the other 1:16 cars. Certain tracks make this difficult because of the nature of the track, but you would expect a Ferrari to have the grip and speed to pass both Aguris, both Midlands and both Torro Rossos with ease. That would be 6 cars the Ferrari has overtaken, but it would be hardly a feat.

That would be "I base the.." right??You know very well that a car capable of 1.16 can do these lap times while in "clean air" for all the aero bits to work properly.If a top car starts in back it would pass easily through the "backmarkers" provided that it stays out of trouble and no mistakes are made, but it won't be running 1.16!It will be losing 2secs per lap easily while fighting through the field.Later though the faster cars are next and the points that no driver is willing to hand over without a fight.If you happen to claim the podium as well i guess it is a very notable achievement.

That would be "I base the.." right??You know very well that a car capable of 1.16 can do these lap times while in "clean air" for all the aero bits to work properly.If a top car starts in back it would pass easily through the "backmarkers" provided that it stays out of trouble and no mistakes are made, but it won't be running 1.16!It will be losing 2secs per lap easily while fighting through the field.Later though the faster cars are next and the points that no driver is willing to hand over without a fight.If you happen to claim the podium as well i guess it is a very notable achievement.

This was my original point, thank you for agreeing with me.

Whether or not the car in question actually does the 1:16 consistantly is irrelevant. The point is, that car can easly pass at least half of the field and as such, the driver should not be hailed as extraordinary because of it.

This was my original point, thank you for agreeing with me.

Whether or not the car in question actually does the 1:16 consistantly is irrelevant. The point is, that car can easly pass at least half of the field and as such, the driver should not be hailed as extraordinary because of it.

Looks like you didn't read the whole post where in 4 lines i was explaining AGAIN briefly why a charge through the field is indeed impressive.Why can't you simply accept other people's views?All you talk about is Super Aguris and Midlands.That's up to p18.That's the kind of drive you were talking about in the first place?If you look at my posts again you 'll see many arguments you didn't answer.I dont want to have to type everything again. :yawn:

Looks like you didn't read the whole post where in 4 lines i was explaining AGAIN briefly why a charge through the field is indeed impressive.Why can't you simply accept other people's views?All you talk about is Super Aguris and Midlands.That's up to p18.That's the kind of drive you were talking about in the first place?If you look at my posts again you 'll see many arguments you didn't answer.I dont want to have to type everything again. :yawn:

Good, then I'll be spared reading it again. ;)

Yea but you never answer!Maybe thats the problem ;)

I stated my points clear enough that they answer your questions. That you don't accept them as answers is your problem, I cannot change a closed mind (and doubtless you feel the same, no?).

I stated my points clear enough that they answer your questions. That you don't accept them as answers is your problem, I cannot change a closed mind (and doubtless you feel the same, no?).

:lol: