Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

The Best Cars

The best cars  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the best cars are made?

• Europe
    • America
    • Asia(Japan mostly)
    • Somewhere else(where?)

Just about everything inside it is German.

Well by your logic i could say that Toyota is Australian. Most of the metal in Toyota's is Australian. We send it to them, they build cars and sell those cars back to us.

The Germans make the best cars!

The best super car is British though... Ask James Bond!

The Germans make the best cars!

The best super car is British though... Ask James Bond!

Yeh Wez I agree!!

Aston Martin, one of which will be at goodwood tomorrow. :P As will loadsa great motor sport machines :P Cant wait :P

rolls royce are for black gangsta rappers. The company may as well have gone bankrupt and died for all I care. They are no longer for the upperclasses, terrible shame!

I voted europe cos of the high quality luxury cars made by Aston Martin, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Bentley, TVR, many more. Japanese do make good cars too but they're mostly pretty boring.

American cars are just weird and big

About exotic and luxury cars i would definetely vote for Europe!The Japanese manufacturers don't seem to be very interested in that area!But for an everyday car i would take the Japanese!The Us do have some pretty good examples in that kind of cars too!Especially the new Cadillacs!Lots of hi-tech there!

I wouldn't say a no contest!Japanese cars appear to be able to run problem-free for most of the time,which is crucial if you use your car daily and a lot!

though i chose europe i would still prefer to buy a japanese car for its refinement and cheaper(overall) running costs. here in india european cars are bloody expensive to keep. but i still have a soft corner for skodas.

mercedes is certainly out of my reach. i would refuse to take the keys of an S-Class even i i get it for free..(but if i have the freedom to sell it i would suerly accept it) :naughty:

I voted europe cos of the high quality luxury cars made by Aston Martin, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Bentley, TVR, many more. Japanese do make good cars too but they're mostly pretty boring.

American cars are just weird and big

your coments on japanese cars are soon going to be a past tense Jem! because japansese have realised how important are looks for a potential customer... but i think Aston Martins and lamborghinis are the best looking cars (esp. Aston-Rapide) But i have never seen one in skin :(

but of all the cars ive seen in skin i think the CLS is the best, even though i have seen few Porshce and ferraris nothing captured my attention like a CLS with AMG body kit and a set of :wub: 19" alloys!

I would have to pick the europeans. Their cars have soul, the Japanese/Korean cars are just appliances. My brother likes Hondas because they are light (mostly because they have no torque) and when tuning them they produce better results than a comparable European car. Not to mention honda parts are cheap and easily found in the US. He built a honda civic 4-door (I guess you Brits call it a saloon) that runs 13s for under $5 grand.

I have three VWs and I still fahrvergnugen, even my 1988 Fox is fun to drive, slow as it is. My Passats are roomier than A4s, and cost quite a deal less simply because I felt OK without having four rings on my grilles.

The Ford Typhoon ykick posted looks a lot better than the Mustang, they should try selling it here. That colour is amazing, almost like the BMW Laguna Seca Blue (a very rare M3 colour). I'm surprised with all the big-engined US cars on the market the American companies are not bringing over more of their Aussie cars. I liked the first GTO in '03 (pretty much a monaro except they had to relocate the fuel cell to meet US standards) but I didn't like the short gearing of 3rd through 6th that the manual transmission that came with the LS-2. I think the next car I get is an LS-6 GTO without the hood scoops. Most of the US buyers complained the new GTO didn't adhere to it's muscle car heritage so GM decided to throw in some hoodscoops to make it look horrible.

Exotic cars? Hands down, the Italians take the cake in the category. Between Giorgio Giugiaro's and Battista Farina's companies, they have the best body designs covering the best in chassis engineering in the world.

I am hating my following admission but i sooo want 1 of them new mustangs, one drove past me the other day and i fell in love with it. This is a big deal for me as i hate american cars but heh this is one thats not to be ignored.

Anyone seen the new Audi A5? Thats a sexy beast, the RS5 (gonna be a real match to jags and stuff apparently) is gonna be awesome in 2009!

I am hating my following admission but i sooo want 1 of them new mustangs, one drove past me the other day and i fell in love with it. This is a big deal for me as i hate american cars but heh this is one thats not to be ignored.

Anyone seen the new Audi A5? Thats a sexy beast, the RS5 (gonna be a real match to jags and stuff apparently) is gonna be awesome in 2009!

Good to hear you're enjoying the 'stang. Reports over here are a bit critical of the wet weather roadholding. Have you had a chance to try it in the wet yet?

Good to hear you're enjoying the 'stang. Reports over here are a bit critical of the wet weather roadholding. Have you had a chance to try it in the wet yet?

Not really as summer is in full swing now and the odd downpour has happened while I've been at work. Friends that have the new 'Stang say that the handling is ok(traction control works nice) but is better with different tyres than the stock Pirellis like mine.............Remember tis a muscle car first, not a track car.

Some rain could do the trick!Especially in the summer when the road is full of dust :D !!Powerfull front wheel drive cars like the type R's do drift quite well though!

guys!! can anyone really drift front wheel drive cars?? :eusa_think:

depends on your setup. my fox has (as far as I know) it's original suspension from 1988, it four-wheel drifts nicely. my 2003 passat has some suspension upgrades and is neutral so I can get a little oversteer if I'm immoderate with the throttle.

Yeah, you can do it. I've done it with my Honda Civic...it all depends on speed and angle. Turn sharp enough to break your fronts loose, and momentum will swing the rear around..it's a matter of countersteering from there :D

Put a big enough stabilizer bar (sway bar, anti-roll bar, whatever you want to call it) on the rear wheels, and you can make any front-driver tail-happy. (Assuming it's not so stiff that it breaks the front bar, but that's another issue. :blink: )

From the standpoint of the "sport of drifting" however, I don't think that would be enough. I don't know enough about drifting to comment definitively, but I think the point is controlled powerslides, with drive wheels smoking. Certainly, a properly set up front driver could drift in the classic sense, but I don't think that it could be competitive in "Drifting."

Put a big enough stabilizer bar (sway bar, anti-roll bar, whatever you want to call it) on the rear wheels, and you can make any front-driver tail-happy. (Assuming it's not so stiff that it breaks the front bar, but that's another issue. :blink: )

From the standpoint of the "sport of drifting" however, I don't think that would be enough. I don't know enough about drifting to comment definitively, but I think the point is controlled powerslides, with drive wheels smoking. Certainly, a properly set up front driver could drift in the classic sense, but I don't think that it could be competitive in "Drifting."

True. I should clarify...my post was concerning any front-wheel drive car executing a classic 4-wheel drift. As Yoda says, you would need extensive changes to the car to compete in the extreme drifting that has become a sport these days (quite different from classic drifting).

The Japanese make the best, My dad had one Nissan car that ran for 13 years, this was before they were bought by Renault.