Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

2007 Silly Season Predictions Thread

. Fernando Alonso

2. Paffet

rememer last year how ,whe nmonty was injured TMM gave one race to Pdr and AW..

but this season there isnt even a mention about paffet racing,remember if he was really in the reckoning he would have by now had a race.....

My first edit in the thread.

Scuderia Toro Rosso

1.Heikki Kovallinen INSTEAD OF SPEED

2.Luizzi

Renault

1. Giancarlo Fisichella

2 Villeneuve instead of Kimi

Why do i say this, because till now, flav has never put his "boys" at a team where they risk losing, so no way he will allow Heikki to do a rosberg in his first season…

Well Im going to be very early with my 2007 standings but I truly believe the WCC will be contested between 3 teams, Mclaren, Ferrari and Honda. Personally Renault will be strong but they dont have championship winning drivers so they will have a tough year next year and COULD come under pressure from Red Bull and Toyota.

The Drivers championship will be between Kimi, Alonso and Button. I just have a feeling thats how its going to go next year!

Well Im going to be very early with my 2007 standings but I truly believe the WCC will be contested between 3 teams, Mclaren, Ferrari and Honda. Personally Renault will be strong but they dont have championship winning drivers so they will have a tough year next year and COULD come under pressure from Red Bull and Toyota.

The Drivers championship will be between Kimi, Alonso and Button. I just have a feeling thats how its going to go next year!

Agree.

But if BMW keeps improving in thier current pace they might even have a say in it as well.

Agree.

But if BMW keeps improving in thier current pace they might even have a say in it as well.

Some1 said in a different topic that BMW will be the spoilers....and I do believe that this will be the case.

My feeling is that Paffett won't get the 07 mclaren drive. There would be too much of an uproar about Hamilton deserving it more etc. The sensible thing to do would be to give it to Paffett. Hamilton may have won GP2 but Paffett won DTM!! I don't know. I'm glad I'm not the 1 who has to make the decision!

Wishful thinking, Ben?

Delusional :rolleyes:

Some1 said in a different topic that BMW will be the spoilers....and I do believe that this will be the case.

BMW had 1 good race, I dont expect them to be consistently challenging the frontrunners in 2007. But this is f1 so who knows!

GP2 champion Lewis Hamilton admits it would be a risk for McLaren to give him a Formula One race drive next season.

The Briton, 21, has dominated the F1 feeder series and is in contention for the vacant seat alongside world champion Fernando Alonso in 2007.

Hamilton said: "It's a tough decision for the team and Mercedes.

"It's a risk because I've not tested the car yet, so no-one knows if I'll be quick or not. It depends on whether they're willing to take that risk."

He added: "At the end of the day it's the team's decision, but I feel I've got a good relationship with everyone on the team and feel they'd be happy for me to drive as a test or race driver.

"In the past they've been very loyal to me, so we'll just have to see what happens."

Hamilton says he is desperate to get a race drive at McLaren, even though he would have the pressure of driving alongside Alonso for one of the sport's biggest teams.

"The majority of drivers have come through the ranks after getting a test drive (and) that would be one of the options," he said.

"If I couldn't get a race seat, a test drive would be the next best thing. But I'd much rather get into a race seat and be able to prove myself in that way."

And Hamilton thinks he could learn a lot by teaming up with Alonso.

"I think that (would be) a major advantage," he said.

"Going into F1 is extremely tough, so having the best driver alongside you with all that experience would be the best solution for me.

"The things I can learn from Alonso are endless."

Hamilton won the GP2 series with a race to spare at Monza last Saturday and now hopes to get a test drive in the McLaren F1 car in the coming weeks.

McLaren are testing in Jerez, Spain, next week and in Silverstone the following week.

"I'm hoping I'll get the call to do a test, but we haven't yet sat down," Hamilton said.

"They're very busy preparing for the next race and I've got a lot of time. But I'd obviously love to go ahead and test an F1 car.

"I feel good about the situation with McLaren. I feel there will be something for me, if not a race seat then a test seat, and I will be doing something and playing some sort of role.

"I feel that's extremely positive. My goal in the first place was to get a test seat."

-----------------------------------

No no no Lewis, demand a race drive! Do not admit to being happy with a testing role!!!

Lewis is already p**sing me off and he aint even in f1 yet. He didnt dominate GP2 at all, it was actually quite close towards the end!

Delusional :rolleyes:

You just wait and see.

Ben, nowhere does Hamilton say he dominated GP2. The 'dominated' comment was from the article writer.

Hamilton's the real deal and I agree with jems Don't say you'd be happy with a testing role!! Don't be another Davidson!!

Lewis is already p**sing me off and he aint even in f1 yet. He didnt dominate GP2 at all, it was actually quite close towards the end!

When i went to silverstone, the most entertaining action by far was watching Hamilton easily fight his way to the front and then pull out a huge lead. He was incredible! Why is he p**sing you off, he seems like an ok guy. And he's english, woohoo!

I dont support people cos of their nationality. Hamilton could become my new hate figure!

GP2 champion Lewis Hamilton admits it would be a risk for McLaren to give him a Formula One race drive next season.

The Briton, 21, has dominated the F1 feeder series and is in contention for the vacant seat alongside world champion Fernando Alonso in 2007.

Hamilton said: "It's a tough decision for the team and Mercedes.

"It's a risk because I've not tested the car yet, so no-one knows if I'll be quick or not. It depends on whether they're willing to take that risk."

He added: "At the end of the day it's the team's decision, but I feel I've got a good relationship with everyone on the team and feel they'd be happy for me to drive as a test or race driver.

"In the past they've been very loyal to me, so we'll just have to see what happens."

Hamilton says he is desperate to get a race drive at McLaren, even though he would have the pressure of driving alongside Alonso for one of the sport's biggest teams.

"The majority of drivers have come through the ranks after getting a test drive (and) that would be one of the options," he said.

"If I couldn't get a race seat, a test drive would be the next best thing. But I'd much rather get into a race seat and be able to prove myself in that way."

And Hamilton thinks he could learn a lot by teaming up with Alonso.

"I think that (would be) a major advantage," he said.

"Going into F1 is extremely tough, so having the best driver alongside you with all that experience would be the best solution for me.

"The things I can learn from Alonso are endless."

Hamilton won the GP2 series with a race to spare at Monza last Saturday and now hopes to get a test drive in the McLaren F1 car in the coming weeks.

McLaren are testing in Jerez, Spain, next week and in Silverstone the following week.

"I'm hoping I'll get the call to do a test, but we haven't yet sat down," Hamilton said.

"They're very busy preparing for the next race and I've got a lot of time. But I'd obviously love to go ahead and test an F1 car.

"I feel good about the situation with McLaren. I feel there will be something for me, if not a race seat then a test seat, and I will be doing something and playing some sort of role.

"I feel that's extremely positive. My goal in the first place was to get a test seat."

-----------------------------------

No no no Lewis, demand a race drive! Do not admit to being happy with a testing role!!!

Thats where it says he dominated which isnt true!

'Dominated' is a slight exaggeration but he has been the outstanding talent of GP2 this year, and he hasnt done or said anything (yet) which has put me off wanting him to do well in F1

I think whats putting me off is the media hype!

Ignore the hype, no driver has ever been hyped as much as Button was in 2000, yet we still love him cos we can see that he actually is the real deal and should be winning races and challenging for titles! Don't be like the anti-Buttonites and hate a driver purely because he's overhyped. Make ur opinion based on watching him (hopefully) race in 2007

Theres nothing about him that interests me. Hes a mclaren protege - BORING AS ****! He seems to lack a sense of humour and just seems boring.

Theres nothing about him that interests me. Hes a mclaren protege - BORING AS ****! He seems to lack a sense of humour and just seems boring.

well at mclaren they put you in a machine which drains your personality and stops the hormone that makes you grow facial hair. So he probably won't make controversial remarks but I'll be happy if he's as fast as raikkonen and is as daring on the track as Montoya (which he does appear to be)

well at mclaren they put you in a machine which drains your personality and stops the hormone that makes you grow facial hair.

Luckely Red Bull has the only known machine that can counter this anti facial hair device that McLaren has developed.

Luckely Red Bull has the only known machine that can counter this anti facial hair device that McLaren has developed.

Yes and also includes the option of colour. David has gone for silver this year while Klien hasnt worked out how to use it yet

Oh yeah! As Button is nothing like a teabagger and a total handbag I guess you are right in proclaiming Hamilton a bore :blink:

Oh yeah! As Button is nothing like a teabagger and a total handbag I guess you are right in proclaiming Hamilton a bore :blink:

Button makes jokes and smiles and laughs a lot, which is a rare thing in an f1 driver and shows him as being just a normal decent bloke like the rest of us. Compare that to raikkonen who I personally believe is a cyborg created by Mercedes. thats why in 2001 no-one had heard of him