Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

2007 Silly Season Predictions Thread

Button makes jokes and smiles and laughs a lot, which is a rare thing in an f1 driver and shows him as being just a normal decent bloke like the rest of us. Compare that to raikkonen who I personally believe is a cyborg created by Mercedes. thats why in 2001 no-one had heard of him

No. Why no one had heard of him was not due to his personality but rather the fact that he had only some 24 races to his name in the lower series.

Button on the other hand had a very apt Norwegian manager (Harald Huismann) whom managed to bluff the whole world with Jensons boarding school looks and just above average talent into securing him a seat. Jenson, with his great personality, thanked Huismann by sacking him.

Yeah, Jenson is a real sweetheart alright.

No. Why no one had heard of him was not due to his personality but rather the fact that he had only some 24 races to his name in the lower series.

Button on the other hand had a very apt Norwegian manager (Harald Huismann) whom managed to bluff the whole world with Jensons boarding school looks and just above average talent into securing him a seat. Jenson, with his great personality, thanked Huismann by sacking him.

I was joking about raikkonen -_-

Who the hell is Harald Huismann! Maybe you're joking too and we're just not good at seeing each other's jokes

He reads some of his forums and made a video to thank his fans, so from my own experience, this year he's gone up personality wise in by books.

I was joking about raikkonen -_-

Who the hell is Harald Huismann! Maybe you're joking too and we're just not good at seeing each other's jokes

Harald Huysman was the one whom 'discovered' Jenson and got him the seat at Williams.

And no, I was not joking. I found Jensons behaviour appaling. He dumped his loyal manager and went to one of those fancy agencies instead. Look where that has gotten him...He has left all the teams he has been a part of at the excact wrong moment, and the only 'smart' move he has made was to buy his way out of the 2006 Williams seat.

Harald Huysman was the one whom 'discovered' Jenson and got him the seat at Williams.

And no, I was not joking. I found Jensons behaviour appaling. He dumped his loyal manager and went to one of those fancy agencies instead. Look where that has gotten him...He has left all the teams he has been a part of at the excact wrong moment, and the only 'smart' move he has made was to buy his way out of the 2006 Williams seat.

I'm not sure I'd condemn Button yet, but I don't know all the facts. As an artist who has tried to get my artwork published, I can see the temptation to go with an agency. I've sold my work with me as my own agent, with a talented friend as an agent and I've also talked to a professional agent. I can tell you that it's far too much work being your own agent and you tend to trust the professional agent even over a highly-qualified personal pick.

Just my two cents worth... :D

To be fair, Jenson was only 20 when he was at williams. And he didn't make silly decisions by leaving these teams; williams dropped him because they already had a deal with JPM; renault dropped him cos Flav was trulli's manager and they wanted to give twatboy a race seat.

No-one 'discovered' Button, he thrashed everyone in karting as a lad, became world karting champion, came 3rd in his rookie year in F3 and got a test with Prost as a result. In that test he outpaced Jean Alesi. Frank Williams noticed and also gave him a test. Frank had already chosen to put Bruno Junqeira in the race seat, but after Button consistently beat Bruno's pace in testing, Button was offered the race drive instead. Your arguments are completely unjustified

I'm not sure I'd condemn Button yet, but I don't know all the facts. As an artist who has tried to get my artwork published, I can see the temptation to go with an agency. I've sold my work with me as my own agent, with a talented friend as an agent and I've also talked to a professional agent. I can tell you that it's far too much work being your own agent and you tend to trust the professional agent even over a highly-qualified personal pick.

Just my two cents worth... :D

I am sad to hear that you have not had any luck Mike. But as all the greats (with the exception of Dali and Picasso and a select few others) they don't have success in their own life. If it is of any help you might consider your work as planting seeds for your children :)

To be fair, Jenson was only 20 when he was at williams. And he didn't make silly decisions by leaving these teams; williams dropped him because they already had a deal with JPM; renault dropped him cos Flav was trulli's manager and they wanted to give twatboy a race seat.

No-one 'discovered' Button, he thrashed everyone in karting as a lad, became world karting champion, came 3rd in his rookie year in F3 and got a test with Prost as a result. In that test he outpaced Jean Alesi. Frank Williams noticed and also gave him a test. Frank had already chosen to put Bruno Junqeira in the race seat, but after Button consistently beat Bruno's pace in testing, Button was offered the race drive instead. Your arguments are completely unjustified

I know you are right, but I am just p**sed off over the fact that Jenson turned his back at him. Harald was the closest we got F1 :(

BTW, he is also credited with discovering and helping Kimi ;) He must have an eye for real talent, ey?

Harald was the closest we got F1 :(

You're Norweigan then? Havent there been any Norweigan F1 drivers? i'd be surprised cos theres so many Finnish and Swedish drivers in motorsport!

You're Norweigan then? Havent there been any Norweigan F1 drivers? i'd be surprised cos theres so many Finnish and Swedish drivers in motorsport!

Petter Solberg is WRC WDC, closest we have come :(

Weird, I guess motorsport talent isn't in the Norweigan blood then!

Tarmac racing is not very popular/available. Rally is the thing at home. Besides, sports such as Football and wintersports are very dominant.

I am sad to hear that you have not had any luck Mike. But as all the greats (with the exception of Dali and Picasso and a select few others) they don't have success in their own life. If it is of any help you might consider your work as planting seeds for your children :)

Ah...I misused the word 'tried'. It implies that I've not been successful at it. I have :D Actually, I've had decent luck and make a good side-paycheck off my artwork, but my point was that it's easier to trust a big agency than yourself or a 'little guy'.

button is just average and an unloyal bastrd wen things get tuf he buys out contracts he really isnt all u lot think he is he is only average at best!!

kimi ur the best

button is just average and an unloyal bastrd wen things get tuf he buys out contracts he really isnt all u lot think he is he is only average at best!!

kimi ur the best

oh no not another one! i thought i had won over the jenson-bashers. Watch f1 a little more closely next time cos u clearly cant recognise a good talent when you see one

oh no not another one! i thought i had won over the jenson-bashers. Watch f1 a little more closely next time cos u clearly cant recognise a good talent when you see one

did u not c the kimi ur the best bit

theres talent jesons is just average he shud b back wer he belongs with sato agen

did u not c the kimi ur the best bit

theres talent jesons is just average he shud b back wer he belongs with sato agen

yea u can recognise kimi's talent so why cant u see jensons, everyone else can. If he belonged with sato why did Honda re-sign him for another 5 years? If he belonged with sato they would have put him in super aguri with Sato wouldnt they?

Anyway its clear u have something against him or just dont like him cos ur talking out ur backside. A driver who should be at super aguri doesnt produce a performance like JB did in hungary!

I'm gonna now post my top 10 drivers in 2007 and my top 5 teams... These are my pre testing predictions. I will post some further predictions after all the new cars have been unleashed then a final set on Thursday before melborne...

WDC...

1. Kimi

2. Jenson

3. Massa

4. Alonso

5. Barrichello

6. Kubica

7. Heidfeld

8. Fisichella

9. Hamilton

10. Kovalainen

Extra points, each of the top 4 will win a race, Alonso winning at least 2, Button winning at least 3 and Raikonnen winning at least 4. Massa may get one or two.

WCC

1. Ferrari

2. Honda

3. Mclaren

4. BMW

5. Renault

I'm gonna now post my top 10 drivers in 2007 and my top 5 teams... These are my pre testing predictions. I will post some further predictions after all the new cars have been unleashed then a final set on Thursday before melborne...

WDC...

1. Kimi

2. Jenson

3. Massa

4. Alonso

5. Barrichello

6. Kubica

7. Heidfeld

8. Fisichella

9. Hamilton

10. Kovalainen

Extra points, each of the top 4 will win a race, Alonso winning at least 2, Button winning at least 3 and Raikonnen winning at least 4. Massa may get one or two.

WCC

1. Ferrari

2. Honda

3. Mclaren

4. BMW

5. Renault

kimi all the way wooooo

WDC...

1. Kimi

2. Jenson

3. Massa

4. Alonso

5. Barrichello

6. Kubica

7. Heidfeld

8. Fisichella

9. Hamilton

10. Kovalainen

WCC

1. Ferrari

2. Honda

3. Mclaren

4. BMW

5. Renault

Interesting post.

Mine top 10:

1. Kimi

2. Alonso

3. Massa

3. Jenson

4. Fisichella

5. Kubica

6. Barrichello

7. Heidfeld

8. Kovalainen

9. DC

10. Webber

1. Ferrari

2. Mclaren

3. Honda

4. Renault

5. BMW

;)

Well, I suppose I should get mine in too.

Drivers

1 Kimi

2 Felipe

3 Alonso

4 Fisi

5 Button

6 Heidfeld

7 Kubica

8 Kovaleinen

9 Mclaren no 2 (whoever it may be)

10 Barrichello

Teams

1 Ferrari

2 Renault

3 Mclaren

4 BMW Sauber

5 Honda

6 Toyota

7 Torro Rosso

8 Williams

9 Red Bull

10 Super Aguri

11 Syker MF1

Anyway its clear u have something against him or just dont like him cos ur talking out ur backside. A driver who should be at super aguri doesnt produce a performance like JB did in hungary!

Considering until the french GP they used a 2002 Arrows chassis, and even after that their car was nothing like as well balanced Aerodynamically as the front runners Super Aguri wern't exactly gonna be in race winning position :P

WDC...

1. Kimi

2-3-4. Jenson \ Massa \ Alonso

5-6. Barrichello \ Fisico

WCC

1. Ferrari

2-3-4. Honda \ Mclaren \ Renault

5-6. BMW \ Toyota

(= Agree with a bit corrections. Like: 1st - 2-3-4 and 5-6.