Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

JV-post Race

from f1racing.net

News

Villeneuve misses out at home

25 June 2006 / Results / Photos

With Nick Heidfeld finishing seventh in the Canadian Grand Prix, the BMW Sauber F1 Team collected two more championship points. Jacques Villeneuve in 8th was on course for one point, but then with 10 laps to go at his home race he slid into the wall while trying to avoid a drastically slowing Ralf Schumacher.

"The start was very good again," said Heidfeld. "Unfortunately in the first corner I got stuck in traffic and had to get off the throttle, but in the second corner I was able to overtake two cars. I was then stuck in traffic behind Felipe Massa and Jacques and there was a lot of rubber and dirt off the racing line, which caused problems for a lot of drivers. The second pit stop worked very well and the out lap was good, so I gained a position. At the end of the race I was faster than Jarno Trulli, but after the Safety Car period I had a problem getting the tyres up to temperature again. I think after a disappointing qualifying our race performance was good."

Villeneueve commented, "Ralf Schumacher was running very slowly for quite a few laps and I think he had a problem with his car. When he decided to let me by it was through a corner. He lifted and just to avoid him I had to go wide where there was old rubber from the tyres - it was like being on an ice rink. We were competitive all day, we fought hard but had a problem in the pitstop, which meant Nick jumped us. This was very a shame as we had been ahead of him the whole race, and then lapping Ralf was very frustrating. This is always a tough race and sometimes it doesn't work out."

BMW team boss Mario Theissen added, "From 11th and 13th on the grid both our drivers made their way into the points during the race. Both cars ran trouble-free, and we had the right strategy. It was a pity Jacques went off towards the end and lost a well deserved point. But we will be able to draw a positive conclusion from this. We finished in the points again and we maintained fifth in the constructors' championship."

Mail this article to a friend!

more news25 Jun. Villeneuve misses out at home

Double trouble for Super Aguri

Pointless afternoon for Honda

Coulthard fights from back to make point

Speed makes top ten for Toro Rosso

More disappointment for Williams

Alonso takes first Canadian win

Coulthard to start from back of grid

Photos - Sunday at Montreal

Fisichella - Alonso doesn't need my help

Trulli close to new Toyota deal

Rosberg apologises to fuming Webber

Renault expected more from Ferrari

24 Jun. Ferrari struggles in qualifying

Photos - Saturday at Montreal

Homepage

25 June 2006

Photo gallery

more pictures >>>

Grand Prix Canada

23 June Photos

16:00-17:00 1st Free Prac.

19:00-20:00 2nd Free Prac.

24 June Photos

15:00-16:00 Free practice

18:00 Qualifying

25 June Photos

Starting grid

18:00 Race

Grand Prix Calendar >>>

Related news articles

Double trouble for Super Aguri

Pointless afternoon for Honda

Coulthard fights from back to ...

Speed makes top ten for Toro R...

More disappointment for Williams

Related links

Get your Jacques Villeneuve products at F1Racingshop.net

BMW-Sauber products are now available at F1Racingshop.net

BMW news

BMW caught out in qualifying

BMW will keep Villeneuve waiting

BMW shows strong performance

Kubica quickest in both sessions

Kubica sets early Montreal pace

More BMW >>>

Test Schedule

07 Jul. Jerez

06 Jul. Jerez

05 Jul. Jerez

04 Jul. Jerez

I think it is obvious to see that BMW has raised their game and are currently ahead of Honda on the perfromance front. Clearly JV and NH were raciing in positions they deserved to be in. The BMW is good. Too bad for JV as the marbles caught him out, like so many others today. Unfortunately it happened at an area on the track that left no room for error. Still the BMW showed very strong, and if I were Honda I would be concerned. BMW continues to get better every time out.

Jacques was just trying to pass Ralf who had slowed down to let him past. Unfortunately it was where as Jacques found out, you can't go off line.

I wouldn't put it down to Jacques own error, and I'm by no means a Jacques fan.

Jacques was just trying to pass Ralf who had slowed down to let him past. Unfortunately it was where as Jacques found out, you can't go off line.

The track caught out just about every driver today, unfortunately for JV it happened for him in an area that is not forgiving. This was an area of the track that in normal circumstances you wouldn't pass, meaning the marbles off line would have been bad. I really think there was little he could have done. He had to move off the line to get around the slowing RS, and that is all it took to throw him in the wall. A damn disappointment for a JV fan like me, as he had a good race going. I was disappointed that he lost a position to NH on the pitstops and then to end the day in the wall was a real let down. JV needs the best finishes of his life, if I am to be able to watch him next year.

He outqualified NH again, but falls another point behind his teamate in the WDC.

Call me a rumour starter, but the performance of the BMW is starting to look very good. Again I say don't be surprised to see the BMW squad start to attract the likes of KR and MS for 2007, which is bad news for us JV fans. I personally think that is why MT is waiting to annouce the driver lineup. He knows BMW may be able to attract one of those guys to his team. He can't commit to JV until he knows for sure MS or KR won't be coming to BMW.

I personally think that is why MT is waiting to annouce the driver lineup. He knows BMW may be able to attract one of those guys to his team. He can't commit to JV until he knows for sure MS or KR won't be coming to BMW.

there is no way Kimi would touch a BMW in the near future, no matter how strong they get for fourth place. Any team can get to within a sec of the top team, but its the last second that is the hardest, even teams like ferrari and Mclaren are unable to get that last second from renault. Its pretty obvious that MS will never drive anything but a ferrari next year.....and kimi is beyond the league of BMW at the moment, unless ofcourse BMW win the next 9 races on the trot.....

there is no way Kimi would touch a BMW in the near future, no matter how strong they get for fourth place. Any team can get to within a sec of the top team, but its the last second that is the hardest, even teams like ferrari and Mclaren are unable to get that last second from renault. Its pretty obvious that MS will never drive anything but a ferrari next year.....and kimi is beyond the league of BMW at the moment, unless ofcourse BMW win the next 9 races on the trot.....

You are probably right

That's the key point - he didn't find out, he already knew. So he really shouldn't have been so close in that corner.

That's the key point - he didn't find out, he already knew. So he really shouldn't have been so close in that corner.

RS had a slow car and pulled over, JV moved off line to get around him, marbles on the track and the rest is history.

AS DC mentioned. If you were 1 inch off the line the marbles were terrible. It is unfortunate that JV came across the slow moving Toyota where he did

What made this so ironic is that after JV hit the wall RS retired his car.

At least JV isn't blaming RS for his demise

yeah it wasn't Jv error , in such way , but to be honest JV was pushing hard to get NH he was really disapointedd that Nh passed him , in my eyes his trying all he can to be alwyas in front of Nh

and to be honest he's doing a great job, JV is always ahead of Nh, but Nh is getting the points so i'm really ****ed up today....

cmon Jv keep calm and cool , i know that in the end you gonna finish ahead of NH and with a bit of fortune you can out pass the Honda drivers too...

keep faith and stay calm that's alllllll....

I'm absolutely gutted.

What the heck was Ralf doing dawdling around all day. He knew the car was screwed and there was no way he'd get points. I heard Brundle say that the car was about 10 secs per lap off the pace of something. What was he doing??

Further, what was Ralf thinking pulling over at that spot? It's not a place where you let the leaders by, especially in yesterday's circumstances. Sure JV pulled of line and people are saying it's his own fault for doing so, but he had to otherwise he'd have gone straight into the rear of Ralf's car. Either way, Jacques was screwed, by a car that ought not to have been there in the first place.

That was further compounded by the fact JV should really have not been there as the pitstop got screwed up for some reason yet again. I don't think JV was pushing too hard to get by Nick though. The grip was terrible due to the track conditions and I think his brakes were going, add to that he had his engine from Silverstone and I think JV was just easing back for the point.

What made this so ironic is that after JV hit the wall RS retired his car.

That really irked me, I won't repeat the words I was yelling out at the tv.

The JV fans who received ITV commentary would be pleased after hearing the very kind words from Martin and James. I was a little shocked at just how complimentary they, especially Martin were. It was nice to hear.

You tell me what else he should have done

He was screwed either way from the rookie error from Ralf. He had continued on line he'd have rammed into the back of Ralf.

Yes, I'm sure Mario appreciated his sublime drive upto that point and how it was the fault of Toyota's much overpaid driver that his team lost a point.

You tell me what else he should have done

He was screwed either way from the rookie error from Ralf. He had continued on line he'd have rammed into the back of Ralf.

Yes, I'm sure Mario appreciated his sublime drive upto that point and how it was the fault of Toyota's much overpaid driver that his team lost a point.

With his experience he should have anticipated what was going to happen. But maybe he was playing a Pink Floyd tune in his mind: B)

The track caught out just about every driver today, unfortunately for JV it happened for him in an area that is not forgiving. This was an area of the track that in normal circumstances you wouldn't pass, meaning the marbles off line would have been bad. I really think there was little he could have done. He had to move off the line to get around the slowing RS, and that is all it took to throw him in the wall. A damn disappointment for a JV fan like me, as he had a good race going. I was disappointed that he lost a position to NH on the pitstops and then to end the day in the wall was a real let down. JV needs the best finishes of his life, if I am to be able to watch him next year.

Plus he made up 4 places at the start, a great drive until that incident, i felt for JV...

I'm absolutely gutted.

What the heck was Ralf doing dawdling around all day. He knew the car was screwed and there was no way he'd get points. I heard Brundle say that the car was about 10 secs per lap off the pace of something. What was he doing??

I saw it coming Nojv, i knew he was gonna **** up someone's race. and hen to pull out a lap after the incident, begs to answer your question, WHAT THE **** WAS HE REALLY DOING STAYING OUT ON TRACK?

With his experience he should have anticipated what was going to happen. But maybe he was playing a Pink Floyd tune in his mind: B)

go **** your mother.....that's my answer to you ..and please if someone is offended ignore it...

but to you again go **** your mother...

go **** your mother.....that's my answer to you ..and please if someone is offended ignore it...

My my, thats not nice Kenneth...

When a driver in front of you lifts off, you have very little time to antcipate anything. Are you suggesting that JV should have anticipated RS pulling over on a horrible part of the track and lifting off???? Because if he can do that, then he should be betting on horses!!!!!!!

I am very pleased to see JV so calm and understanding about RS's situation. JV considers it a racing incident. Ralph was moving out of the way as soon as possible, and JV got out on the "Loose bits". Another example of why I am a fan of JV.

I image if this had happened to Fisi, he would have been down at the Toyota garage shaking his fist at somebody.

I just hope MT looks at this as a very positive drive for JV. Great start, good pace with a little bad luck thrown in at the end. IT would have been JV's best drive to date.

My my, thats not nice Kenneth...

i know its not nice and i feel sorry to say that but cmon i'm really fed up reading some posts , saying he was thoinking on pink floyd etc.. ok he did a cd , he's singing , shumi plays fooftball evry other driver has another hobbies i think , so why all this fuss on Jv cd etc...

yesterday JV was 6 best all the race since he went to pitstop and its there when i feel a bit unhappy cos everytime he enter the pitstop som eone else take the advantage on him i'm really fed up sawing Jv efforts then on pits everything i s****ed up...

i know its not nice and i feel sorry to say that but cmon i'm really fed up reading some posts , saying he was thoinking on pink floyd etc.. ok he did a cd , he's singing , shumi plays fooftball evry other driver has another hobbies i think , so why all this fuss on Jv cd etc...

yesterday JV was 6 best all the race since he went to pitstop and its there when i feel a bit unhappy cos everytime he enter the pitstop som eone else take the advantage on him i'm really fed up sawing Jv efforts then on pits everything i s****ed up...

You're a real hard JV fan, that much is true, but you don't need to take the comments soooo personal...

well my mother is dead you pathetic prick. . There's no need to be that insulting because your favorite driver have to fight his a## off for an eight place and goes straight into a wall overtaking a backmarker. And get yourself some education and some sense of humour you need it badly. End of story.

It's about time the mods did something about your generall offensive attitude to other forumers

:furious: