Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

6-3 To Alonso

As we say in my country, dreaming is free :)

You are sooo right!Better tell that to MS and Ferrari so that they can stop trying!!!So what if there are 8 races left?So what if the tyre war might play into Bridgestone's hands?NOOOOO the championship is lost... :eyebrow:

The WDC is not over and anyone who says it is, clearly does not know the unpredictable nature of F1.

I certainly dont think the championship is over. It's impossible to think that Michael cannot win this years championship. When the bridgestone tyres actually worked well, ferrari's true pace was shown today, and, if this pace continues, this will surely be an entertaining year. So its all about the right package. If anyone does think the championship is impossible to win for Ferrari, then Im afraid they dont know the sport yet. Anyways, great weekend for Ferrari.

The most heartening thing today was not Ferrari's performance, that was expected, it was to see how bad Ferny can be when things aren't going his way. Ferrari definitely have a chance and there is a big update coming for France.

Yep, I saw shades of other races where he threw more positions away just because things weren't going very well. Fisi put him in the shade today, which means next race he may be more likely to make a mistake, pushing to prove himself, just a thought.

Don't kid yourselves about Fisi and Alonso. Fisi had the new-spec engine and Indy has never been kind to Fernando.

Indy was a one-off for both Ferrari and Fisi.

True but a world champion would make the car work, and he has been average all weekend! FA deserves slating today because despite having an old engine he was nowhere!

Don't kid yourselves about Fisi and Alonso. Fisi had the new-spec engine and Indy has never been kind to Fernando.

Indy was a one-off for both Ferrari and Fisi.

Cav will ask you to back that up with a quote... ;)

Alonso is a World Champion regardless of 'making the car work' at Indy. He'll also be the '06 World Champion; also, regardless of 'making the car work' at Indy. Also, as for your comment about him being 'nowhere', well, leading the WDC by 20 pts isn't exactly 'nowhere'. ;)

I heard them mention Fisi having a FRESH engine, new spec I'm not sure about.

Speedtv prerace question on the grid between Peter Windsor and Alonso. He can look it up from that.. :D

Yes any illusion that the title race has turned in Ferrari's favour and that Ferrari will now cruise it will be shattered in Magny Cours me thinks.

Speedtv prerace question on the grid between Peter Windsor and Alonso. He can look it up from that.. :D

Guess I was correct in my beliefs then. :D

From ferrari-Bstone stronghold to a renault-michelin stronghold. DAMN!

From ferrari-Bstone stronghold to a renault-michelin stronghold. DAMN!

Yuppers. Take heart though, Indy's result keeps the championship open for a while longer. I have to admit, I'm a bit conflicted. Alonso/Renault would seem the likely champions, but how can anyone count out M$ and Ferrari until the math counts them out? :eusa_think:

Honestly, I think Ferrari will use this race as a stepping stone to aid them in the next races, though I think Fernando will win in Magny Cours.

True but a world champion would make the car work, and he has been average all weekend! FA deserves slating today because despite having an old engine he was nowhere!

Silverstone is probably the more demanding track in terms of engine and it was clear that Fernando had no chance to fight, he did enough well to finish 5th. He was having problems and it was ****ing evident!! "A world champion would make the car work" is a really pretty statement, very deep but absolutelly empty of any meaning, anyone could write a book using phrases like that <_< . Senna did strugle when he had no car so pls don

Honestly, I think Ferrari will use this race as a stepping stone to aid them in the next races, though I think Fernando will win in Magny Cours.

Indy was all about tires. In France it'll be back to business as usual.

Chris, you are one lucky dog, seeing the maestro take a victory! That will be like those that remember seeing Jim Clark race. A memory to be cherished!

Silverstone is probably the more demanding track in terms of engine and it was clear that Fernando had no chance to fight, he did enough well to finish 5th. He was having problems and it was ****ing evident!! "A world champion would make the car work" is a really pretty statement, very deep but absolutelly empty of any meaning, anyone could write a book using phrases like that <_< . Senna did strugle when he had no car so pls don

Indy was all about tires. In France it'll be back to business as usual.

Chris, you are one lucky dog, seeing the maestro take a victory! That will be like those that remember seeing Jim Clark race. A memory to be cherished!

Remember, I was there in 2000 and 2004, and also 2005. I will definately remember this race, and after I get home, I'll post a lot of photos.

I am not the leader. Alonso is still the best driver out there imo, I just would like a more open championship and I don't like Alonso's new attitude!

WAIT ALOSO THE BEST DRIVER???..........Right............

where did you leave KIMI and MICHAEL these 2 are the best driver and I am acutally not too sure who is the better one of these two until I see them in the same car....

Anybody who has been watching F1 for a while can recognize a true real champion that is able to start form last position and get on the pole or win a race , KIMI and MICHAEL have done it but not ALOMSO.

Remember, I was there in 2000 and 2004, and also 2005. I will definately remember this race, and after I get home, I'll post a lot of photos.

I think this was Michael's last race there...that's why I say you'll remember the race :D

WAIT ALOSO THE BEST DRIVER???..........Right............

where did you leave KIMI and MICHAEL these 2 are the best driver and I am acutally not too sure who is the better one of these two until I see them in the same car....

Anybody who has been watching F1 for a while can recognize a true real champion that is able to start form last position and get on the pole or win a race , KIMI and MICHAEL have done it but not ALOMSO.

What's a true champion? You're either a champion or you are not. Michael and Alonso are champions. Kimi is not.

Yes any illusion that the title race has turned in Ferrari's favour and that Ferrari will now cruise it will be shattered in Magny Cours me thinks.

Are your crystal balls coloured blue ?